Mechanical Heart

I ran around in circles on the top deck dragging Lloyd around in a cardboard box. Giggles escaped the boy's lips with each twist and turn I pulled him along.

Even I couldn't help enjoy myself as well. It was funny earlier when the smaller boy attempted to drag me around in the box but couldn't move it an inch.

"Ten minutes. He just broke his own record the guy is inhuman!" Kai exclaimed as the three ninja crowded around a timer.

This stopped both Lloyd and I us both listening to the three. They were timing to see how long Zane could hold his breath underwater.

Zane swam back to the surface taking in a deep breath. Lloyd and I stopped for a moment to look over the edge at the ice ninja.

"Amazing!" Cole exclaimed as they all cheered for the white ninja.

"We're not worthy!" My brother exclaimed falling to the floor to bow.

"I broke the record?" Zane asked smiling as he paddles in the water.

"You destroyed it!" Kai exclaimed holding the clock up.

"Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? We've been training for so long, I don't think we can get any better. Just think about all we've accomplished" Jay said to the three while Cole practiced his moves.

The four talked about all of their physical accomplishments proud of themselves.

"The question should be raised perhaps we have reached our full potential?" Zane asked.

The four decided to go ask their master.

"Did they reach their full potential?" Lloyd asked me curiously.

"I doubt it. Afterall we never truly stop growing" I replied leaning up against the railing next to the young boy. "Potential is something we haven't fully explored about ourselves..."

I thought to myself looking at my hands. Wondering what could lie behind my broken memories and what potential lies within yourself.

Lloyd looked at my dreads that were put in a low ponytail. "How do you get your hair to stay like that? It's cool."

I looked "Oh. Well it's kind of difficult at first but the more you do it the more easier it gets" I smiled.

"Woah...Cool!" Lloyd exclaimed excitedly.

~~~

Everyone gathered to the top deck to say goodbye to the old man. "Goodbye uncle" Lloyd muttered as he pulled the old man into a hug "I'll see you again Lloyd" he returned heartwarmigly.

Sensei Wu gave me a look trusting me with Lloyd. The others and I watched as the Sensei descended the mountain the Bounty was docked at. His figured faded into the clouds as he grew farther and farther away. Jay and Lloyd waved goodbye to Wu as the old man was gone.

~~~

Later on the ninja were putting up flyers around the village. I leaned on a nearby wall doodling in my small book with Lloyd watching me. "This is silly." Zane sighed after Nya hung a flyer that showed a missing fang blade and a phone number.