Lights That Shine In A Dark Place

"The scrolls say there is a hidden temple on the island. If you find it, it will give the ninja pure elemental powers, powers that can destroy the Indestructible army" Misako informed all of us as she unrolled a scroll. On the parchment showed a diagram featuring the five, the four primary colored ones formed a diamond with a golden symbol in the middle. I frowned, I wasn't in it.

"But Asteria isn't in that...how can she get her powers?" Jay questioned. "I...don't know. It doesn't say anything like that. It only says that the gray ninja will lead the green ninja on the right path." Misako said and sighed as she looked at Lloyd.

"Lloyd. Here it is written: For once the green ninja finds the instrument of peace, he will strike it and know the power of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master."

"Ultimate Spinjitzu Master?" Lloyd repeated curiously.

"It means you will be able to invoke the power of the golden dragon, an ancient fighting style only practiced by the first Spinjitzu Master" Misako explained making the other four gasp.

Lloyd laughed at their expressions "Jealous?"

"Wait a minute" Kai interjected skeptically. "This all sounds too good to be true. What's the catch?"

"The catch is the temple could be anywhere on the island, and all we have is this" Sensei Wu presented a golden medallion. The piece of gold had three holes with some carvings.

"It's like a compass" Dr Julien stated examining the piece. "When the three holes match up the medallion will reveal where the temple is hidden."

"How'd you know that?" Jay asked the old man.

Dr Julien smiled fondly "Oh I did a lot of reading in my spare time. Adventure stories were my favorites."

"That's a good genre" I nodded in agreement with the old man as my forked tongue flicked slightly.

"What are we waiting for?" Zane said aloud taking the medallion heading to the door.

Lloyd got up to follow the four. "Not you Lloyd" Wu stopped Lloyd in his spot.

"Argh, seriously? Are we still doing this?" He groaned.

"Wu is right" Misako agreed explaining "If you were to come across your father, it could prematurely start the final battle. We need to be at full strength before we take any risks."

The four chuckled at his dismay. "Hahaha, jealous?" Jay taunted as they stood by the doorway ready to leave.

"Asteria go with them and keep each other safe" Wu ordered and I nodded "Of course." I said and walked to the four.

"Sensei we're fine! Asteria doesn't need to babysit us" Kai protested "We can handle this."

"Yes but she is also part of this team and shall go with. Stay safe and on track." The old man replied firmly nodding to me.

"Let's go" I told the four grabbing Kai by his hood heading outside. Deciding it was better to comply, the other three followed behind. I heard them snicker at Kai as he struggled to get free.

~~~

We spied on the stone army from a safe spot in the trees. "Look this must be Garmadon's camp" Jay said as he watched the stone warriors work.