All Or Nothing

With my shoes cast off to the side of my bed I've been ordered to rest until the sprain has healed.

Strict orders from the future green ninja himself.

I can still move around with a limp. In fact I've been healing.

While my body is immobilized in my room I've been keeping my mind active with the extra free time.

Zane introduced the idea of meditation to me since he does it very often. He says it keeps his mind clear and relieves stress despite being a nindroid.

Crossing my legs I closed my eyes taking deep breaths in and out. My heart easing with each steady exhale.

While I was immobilized and couldn't see past closed eyes, I opened my sight past the normal limits of a human.

From inside my room I could see past the walls into the darkness gazing at the life forms on the ship. Their auras that contained a variety of colors. Watching them move and converse but unable to hear only knowing where I am.

I small faded green one was outside my room. I opened my eyes as Lloyd entered holding a glass of water in his hands.

"Hey what have you been up to?" Lloyd asked walking over to my bed and handed me the glass.

"Daydreaming. I'm probably gonna go to bed in a bit" I lied glancing out the window to see the moon hidden amongst the clouds barely peaking through.

"How's your ankle?" He asked plopping down on my bed sitting with me.

"Weak but it's healing well" I replied gesturing to the strong bandage wrap on my foot and ankle.

"That's good" he smiled in delight but added in "You better not walk on it until it stops hurting okay?"

"It's fine" I replied resting my head on my knee "I can manage with the pain."

The boy puffed out his cheeks but let it go. "The ninja have a plan to infiltrate the Serpentine's main base to steal the three Fangblades guarded there" Lloyd informed me for what's going to happen. "We'll be there by sunrise."

"It's past your bedtime" I told the boy watching his face turn pale. "I don't need to sleep. This is a very important mission so I need to stay vigilant" he told me frowning intensely.

Raising an eyebrow I cupped his face in both of my hands squishing his cheeks. "You're still growing baby child" I told him with a neutral tone. "Your body and mind are a weapon. Take care of them and they will be your greatest sharpest tool."

Grabbing the young boy pulling him into a hug I plopped backwards onto the bed. "Sleep" I told him as I wrapped a blanket over his head.

"No Asteria..." He whined squirming in my grasp before ultimately giving up.

He fell asleep snuggling up to me burying his face in my shoulder. His presence warmed my cold arms and I rolled over to stare at the ceiling.

I thought about what ability did I possess other than able to use Spinjitzu. When I closed my eyes again focusing on the other's presence.