Only The Beginning

"Empress! You don't want to do this!" Lloyd called as the single Mergequake was summoning lighting.

"If you continue to use that weapon, you will push the Mergequakes to the Tipping Point" Zane informed. "It'll create an unstoppable Mergequake storm!" Nya yelled.

"It'll destroy all of reality. Please, put the weapon down!" I tried to convince the Empress. She scoffed, "Lies. You just want my power for yourselves. But my destruction of you Ninja will be legendary!" She pointed the sword at us and swung it as a energy wave was sent at us and we landed at the bottom of the steps.

The Empress jumped down to where all of the citizens were, "And all you traitors to your Empress. You are no better than the Ninja. No one will rule this Kingdom but me. And I will destroy everyone who stands in my way!"

She continued to use the weapon, making more Mergequakes. She pointed it at us and my eyes widened, "Quick, move!" I grabbed Junior's hand and ran out of the way with him, Lloyd, Zane and Nya.

We caught up with everyone else and Kai spoke "The Empress has really gone off the defense. What do we do?"

I looked at Lloyd and nod to him. His eyes soften from under his hood and he looked to everyone, "What we do best. Ninja-go!"

I followed after them with Junior by my side. We all went separate ways as Junior threw small bombs and I shot fire off my hand and they went off, exploding near the Empress.

She yelled in surprise as she went to turn to us, but the others sent their elements at her. Wyldyre jumped, sending her element but the Empress used the weapon, making a Mergequake and Wyldfyre was engulfed into it.

I gasped. Kai yelled, "Wyldfyre! No!" His eyes narrow and he sent his fire at her but was knocked back.

~~~

I hid behind a building with Sora. "It's difficult to disarm that woman..." I growled. "What about your Dragon form?" Sora asked.

I shook my head "No. I can't. The other Dragons struggled to fight her, so will I."

I then got an idea, "Wait. Riyu. Where's Riyu?" I looked around.  Sora gasped, "There! And- Wait a minute. Is that Bailey?"

My eyes widened at the sight of the pup, "Bailey? What is he doing out of Nadine's bag?!" I yell and we both start to run over.

At that moment, the Empress shot the energy off her weapon and a Mergequake formed. Riyu and Bailey were taken into the Mergequake.

Both Sora and I gasped, "Bailey! Riyu!"

I frowned and look to Sora, I placed a hand on her shoulder. I heard Arin's voice and looked behind me, seeing him throw an object at the Empress and Spinjitzu formed around the rock as it pierced through the Empress's mech.

"Sora, go- Go find Nadine!" I said and she nods, taking off and I ran a separate way.

~~~

I hid behind a pile of ruble and peaked out. Kai was gone as well. Lloyd had called in mechs of his own for him and Arin but they weren't doing very well.