Lighthouse In The Storm

Dark clouds filled the sky as rain poured down. Turbulent winds combined with raging waves rocked the Destiny's Bounty as we did our best to keep the vessel steady and on course.

"Hold the line!" Cole shouted his voice breaking through the howling winds. We all kept a steady grip on the sails as we held the rope down together.

"The winds are too strong!" Lloyd shouted back as he held his grip on the rope as another wave splashed up spilling sea water on the deck.

Zane turned his head to Jay who clutched the doorway under some cover. Zane shouted "We need everyone's help Jay!"

"But I don't wanna get wet! I have only one pair of underwear!" Jay retorted as rain poured down on all of us.

"Mom told you to pack more!" I shouted as I wrapped the rope around my hand and tugged right behind Lloyd.

"Both of you! This is no time to be making jokes! The Bounty can only take so much!" Kai snapped as this was a dire situation.

"You think I'm trying to be funny?!" Jay retorted. In his response, echoes of laughter filled the salty air amongst the raging storm.

"Okay laugh all you want, but we'll see who laughs when I have to go commando!" Jay retorted.

"Who's laughing?!" Cole exclaimed looking back at Jay like he's going crazy.

The laughter continued as the noise grew louder and sounded as if it was surrounding the entire ship.

"Uh guys, why is the sea laughing at us?" Kai questioned looking around for the source of the noise.

"And why do I have a feeling we're not gonna get the joke?" Jay finished warily. I slightly shifted uncomfortably, my body growing stiff as the noise grew louder ringing through the air.

"Hey what's that?" Cole pointed to something letting go of the rope to investigate.

Me, Kai, Zane and Lloyd were all pulled forward by the sail as they let out a yelp but I said nothing.

"I'm coming!" Jay exclaimed running over and taking the end of the rope behind me "I got it!" He said helping us pull it back into place.

"About time!" Kai yelled as a wave splashed up soaking Jay as I jumped out of the way just in time only getting my shoes wet.

"Oh perfect!" Jay groaned growing irritable as he looked down at his legs stomping the water out of his shoe.

"Told you so." I teased Jay as I winced feeling the water drain from my shoes.

"It looks like some sort of...Fish" Cole voiced as he walked over picking up a peculiar star shaped creature.

It looked like any regular starfish except for the razor sharp teeth on the underside.

"Wait! We must not let the starteeth on board!" Misako ran outside to all of us "They devour ships and won't stop until we sink."

The creature wrapped itself around Cole's hand biting itself free. Cole yelped out in pain tossing it away "It bit me!" He exclaimed.