Twitchy Tim

"Cecil Putnam, manager of the Explorer's Club."

I raised an eyebrow as we were in the living room, Cecil greeting us while holding a box. "I regret to inform you that Misako Montgomery Garmadon's membership has been cancelled. Effective immediately."

He handed the box to Lloyd "Here are the items emptied from her club locker."

"On what grounds?" Zane asked. Cecil shrugged "I'm afraid it's club policy. Whenever a member is missing and presumed lost at sea, the club revokes their membership."

Nya's eyes narrowed at Cecil "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, there's no need for panic" Cecil reassured. "Her position will be given to another worthy applicant. The club will prevail."

Lloyd threw the box on the floor. "I'm not worried about the club! I'm worried about my mother and Master Wu! Where are they?"

Cecil looked at Lloyd "She was leading an expedition with Professor Powers to attempt to navigate the storm belt and prove her theory about an uncharted island. But as we haven't heard from them in several weeks, the expedition is presumed lost."

"The storm belt?" Pixal asked. I sighed and shook my head "What was she thinking? That's dangerous."

"Uhm.." My brother said and I looked over. "What is this...Storm Belt?"

~~~

"The storm belt is an area off the southern coast plagued by violent storms. Numerous ships and airplanes have gone missing in the region." Pixal explained as we were in the basement.

I spoke "And there's only one person to have emerged from the storm belt...His name is Timothy Batterson. I read about him before."

Pixal nods "Correct." She pressed a button and a picture of the newspaper came up. "Batterson was part of a balloon tour which was blown off course. He claims it was blown into the storm belt and eventually crashed on an uncharted island."

Bean sprout spoke "Pixal, ready the Bounty. Zane, pull up any information you have on this man. The rest of you, pack. We don't have a moment to lose."

~~~

Kai lowered the anchor on the sandy ground below, the six of them slid down the anchor and I flew down as I landed.

Timothy lookdd at us and waved "Hiya, fellas. And gal. What'll it be?" He took out two gas pumps.
Leaded or unleaded?"

Lloyd lowered his green mask "Are you Mister Batterson?"

Batterson smiled "Yep. But nobody calls me that." He chuckled and I raised an eyebrow, curious. "Oh, what do they call you?" Cole asked.

"Twitchy Tim. Twitchy for short."

Lloyd rubbed the back of his head "Well um...Twitchy, my mother was part of an exposition to try and map an unknown island off the southern coast and she's missing. We're going after them. You're the only one who knows what's out there and we could really use your help."

Twitchy quivered and went to Lloyd "I'll tell you what's out there! Storms! Monsters! Doom! I was stuck twelve times by lighting trying to escape that nightmare. And you want me to go back?"