Nightmares

I sat on the monastery steps, staring at the courtyard. I looked down at my album, brushing a hand over a photo. I sighed and placed it down. I feel so stressed and angry.

I need to calm myself down. Maybe some training will calm me down? I dunno.

I sighed and stood, turning the training course on and saw Lloyd asleep on a hoop. "Uh...Lloyd?" I asked. He woke and tilted his head up, "H-Huh? Where am I? Whoa!—" he fell off the hoop and landed on the ground.

I helped him up and cupped his face, inspecting it. "Hm...You look exhausted. Has there been something going on?" I ask.

"No, no I'm okay" he reassured and I glared. "Lloyd..." I spoke in a harsh tone. He sighed, "Okay, okay. I've been having nightmares lately and can't seem to fall asleep."

I frowned, "I see...Well, how about drinking some tea? That sometimes helps me when I get those sort of things."

He nodded and smiled, "Yeah...Okay, Asteria. Thank you" he replied and walked inside. I turned to the training course and slipped off my gray jacket. "Okay...Time to start this."

——

The sun had gone down the horizon and I was now focusing on my punches, using a punching bag. I still felt stressed. I felt many emotions.

Stress, anger, sadness, fear...

I want to find everyone. I just don't know where they are. I'm scared to find out that they...

No. No, don't think like that.

I continued to punch the bag, my punches getting stronger as thoughts filled my mind. My own nightmares came back to me. The day at the Crossroads. When I saw my parents.

But, now...The ones I've been having are different. I keep seeing blue masks in my dreams. Two elderly Dragons as well. I don't understand. I don't understand.

My jaw clenched and a low growl escaped my throat. Blue scales scattered across my body as I transformed into my Dragonoid form and I jump kicked the bag, sending it flying and I shot lighting out my mouth, turning the bag to dust.

I panted as my claws dug into my scales.

"Asteria?"

I flinched and whipped my head around to see Lloyd. "What are you doing out this late? Have you been training the whole day?" He asked and approached me.

"I could ask the same for you. What are you doing up?" I inquired. He rubbed his arm, "Well, it's my nightmares. Their getting worse. As if I'm being haunted..."

I grabbed his hand and took him over to the meditating carpet. We both sat down, "Do you want to talk about it? You know I'm always here for you, bean sprout." I caressed his hands.

He sighed, "I've been having dreams that are so vivid, so frightening, I hate to sleep. I've never seen anything like them. Maybe they're tied to that Source Dragon I was a conduit for. But, I haven't been able to find any information about Source Dragons anywhere."

My eyes narrowed, "I agree, I've been trying to learn about myself since I now what sort of Dragon I am...But, what kind of Source Dragon?"

I sighed, "All I know is, there are many types of Source Dragons and we just need to try our best."

I brushed a strand of Lloyd's hair out of his face, "You're giving it your all, but you're extremely fatigued. You need rest." I pulled him close to me so his head rested on my shoulder.

Lloyd sighed as I could feel him slowly relax, my hand slowly caressing his head. I hummed a tune I often sang to Jay when he struggled with sleeping alone.

I waited until Lloyd was asleep and I turned back to my human form, picking him up and bringing him inside. I arrived at his room and placed him on the bed. I smiled and caressed his face, "Even with you growing up, you're still that kid I always knew..."

I stayed with Lloyd, laying with him as I held him close to my body.

——

I stepped out into the hallway to grab some water, but saw Frohickey adjusting a painting. I approached from behind, "Mister Frohickey?"

He let out a scream and turned to see me. "Oh my, miss Asteria! You startled me!"

"Sorry. What are you doing?" I asked. "Just fixing the mess of three young ninja and their pet Dragon even though they promised they'll clean it up themselves."

I raised an eyebrow, "Where are they? They should know to clean up after themselves."

"They told me that they had an important stake-out and would fix it tomorrow, but I don't believe cleaning should ever wait."

I narrowed my eyes, "A stake out, huh?"

——

"Hands off my daughter!"

I kicked the guy in the face and he was sent flying. I helped Nadine stand and we stood with Lloyd, Arin, Sora and Riyu.

I noticed two people wearing a blue wolf mask and my eyes widened. I glanced at Lloyd, noticing his breathing picking up and I placed a hand on his shoulder. I nodded to him and he slowed his breathing as he nods.

The elemental Master of Smoke narrowed his eyes at me and threw a smoke bomb. We coughed and I looked ahead, seeing they were gone. I scowled and then turned to the others, "Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, we're alright" Nadine smiled. I noticed Lloyd on the ground and quickly approached, kneeling down "Lloyd?"

He panted heavily, "It's not a dream...It's real. It's all real. The blood moon is coming. The blood moon is coming!"