Chapter 3

After Han Shi reacted, he realized that Shen Ling had been looking at him, and became nervous and shy for a while, lowered his head, and stood there with a bowl in his hand, not knowing what to do. Shen Ling's stomach grunted in response to the occasion, Shen Ling lowered his head to look at his suffering stomach, and then raised his head, "Let's start the meal." But this time, there was a smile on the corner of his mouth, obviously Han Shi brought the meal over. The behavior and his cute expression please Shen Ling.

Han Shi carefully rubbed over, sat on the edge of the bed, put the bowl on the quilt, held it with one hand, and opened the other bowl covered on the bowl with the other hand, revealing the rough and ugly multigrain cake inside, still soaked in the In a bowl of thick yellow liquid, there seemed to be a few boiled wild vegetables floating in it.

"Eat it!" Han Shi whispered.

Shen Ling has been fooled. He believes that during the end of the world, most of the food he ate in the base was corn and potatoes, which were rarely seasoned, and vegetables were mostly short cycle and easy to grow. Cabbage, Xiaoqingcai, etc., consciously living a very hard life, he thought that he would definitely not worry about eating here, but now it seems that he is too relieved.

"What is this?" Shen Ling asked silently.

"Corn flour porridge, and pancakes." Han Shi answered honestly.

Shen Ling sighed, he probably recognized what these were, Han Shi either really didn't know how to cook, or the people here just made do with their meals. Boil water and eat it. It is estimated that the multigrain cake is not only grains, but also sweet potato leaves and wild vegetables. Otherwise, it will not be so black and green, as if it is poisoned, and it is soaked in cornmeal porridge, and the appearance is sticky. Greasy makes people completely unappetizing.

Seeing that Shen Ling didn't move for a long time, Han Shi couldn't help but look at Shen Ling, "Is it not soft enough? I'll break the cake a little and bring it to you."

"Don't!" At any rate, the soup and water are still separated, and when Han Shi really breaks the cake, he can only eat a pile of yellow, black and green paste. Could this be his sick meal? Shen Ling sighed deeply. However, he would not waste food, nor would he be unable to eat it. In the last days, people were so hungry that they even ate tree bark. It's just not good.

Shen Ling took the chopsticks on the side of the bowl, picked up the rice bowl, inserted the chopsticks directly into the indistinguishable gray-green-yellow pancake, and took a bite. Give him a softer meal. The pancake didn't develop in the direction of firmness and elasticity at all. Instead, it looked like a pile of sticky vegetables and cornmeal dumplings, without any taste.

"No salt?" He has already recognized the lack of vegetables, can't he even add some salty ones?

"Put it in the porridge." Han Shi lowered his head and swallowed where Shen Ling didn't see it.

Shen Ling didn't realize that the people around him were still hungry, and he ate it with a big mouthful of self-consciousness. He always felt that he could eat faster and suffer less torture. Who wants to eat these vegetable dumplings carefully! Shen Ling took a sip of the porridge and silently gave an evaluation in his heart. It was unpalatable. The porridge was either made sweet or salty. This kind of taste that was neither salty nor sweet with a little salt was really annoying. People are a little uncomfortable, it is better to add salt directly to the cake, but he did not say this.

Seeing that Shen Ling was not as weak as before, Han Shi could only let him feed him a little, so he stood up by himself, "I'm going to the kitchen to eat."

"Well." Shen Ling nodded.

After Han Shi left for a while, Shen Ling finally ate all the rice in the bowl, but he was only half full. It would be good to be half full in such a broken-earth house. Shen Ling thought silently and lifted the quilt. After getting out of bed and eating, Shen Ling's strength recovered a lot, at least there was no problem getting out of bed and walking.

Shen Ling walked out of the room with a bowl in his hand. There was a main room outside. There was only an old-fashioned wooden table in the middle. The dust seemed to have just been wiped off. There were two equally worn stools on both sides. , penetrated into the wood, dyeing the dark patches in patches. Shen Ling just glanced at it, and then paid attention to the ground. The ground is not directly the ground, but a layer of green bricks, but as time goes by, the green bricks are also thick soil layers that stick to the green bricks in lumps. Occasionally, a few bricks were broken and stuck to the same place with the soil, but they were cleaned very cleanly. There was only dust on the entire ground, and there were no grass clippings and spider webs.

Walking out of the main room, there was a small low earth house on the east side. There seemed to be some noise in the house. Shen Ling walked over with his feet raised. Han Shizheng was sitting on the small stool in front of the stove, holding a bowl and eating something. When I walked over and looked down, there was pale yellow water in the bowl, and some small crumbs of cornmeal that were not crushed in the bottom of the water, and the clear soup could almost reflect Han Shi's small chin.

"Ah?" Han Shi didn't expect someone to suddenly enter the kitchen, so scared that he stood up from the low stool, holding the bowl and staring at Shen Ling with wide eyes.

The corners of Shen Ling's mouth moved, "Have you eaten the cake?"

"Eat...eat." Han Shi lowered his head.

"You didn't eat your chopsticks with your hands! Why didn't you stick to your hands at all?" The pancake was extremely sticky, and it was estimated that in addition to wild vegetable cornmeal, there was some bean dregs and sweet potato noodles added.

Han Shi lowered his head and said nothing.

"What did you eat?" Shen Ling found that the child was very timid. He was a patient and had to rely on him to take care of him. Moreover, his biological parents didn't want him anymore. The whole thing fell into the hands of this child and let him bully him. Yes, but this child is still timid and submissive, so he didn't dare to get angry at him. It was probably because he spoke a little louder just now, which frightened the child. Later, when he was eating, the child kept holding on to it. With an attitude of panic and nervousness, you can't be scared anymore. Shen Ling let himself have a good-natured smile.

Han Shi lowered his head, not feeling Shen Ling's kindness at all, "Eat... eat porridge, and vegetables."

"Is the vegetables in the porridge?"

"Well." Han Shi nodded, thought for a while and added One sentence, "I'm almost finished."

Shen Ling didn't believe him at all. He walked to the pot and took a look. The traces left by the porridge were still on the pot, especially the dividing line between the porridge and noodles, which was a complete circle. A small circle of traces was clearly on the iron pot, but it was near the bottom of the pot. Shen Ling felt that if there was only so much porridge in the pot, it would be just one bowl for him and Han Shi. He had already drank one bowl. However, what was in Han Shi's bowl was thin. Shen Ling's mood was a little complicated, and he turned his head to look at Han Shi.

Originally, I wanted to pretend that I was only a little better, but I was just able to walk, which is already amazing, but now...

"My illness is cured."

Han Shi raised his head in surprise, and it was the same Looking at him with unbelievable eyes, Shen Ling felt that he had seen this kind of gaze many times today, and he was almost used to it, but he still had to find a reason for himself, no one's illness can be cured so quickly, as for Lingquan, He will never tell this secret to anyone in his life. This is not distrust, but telling others that it is not good for anyone. It is not necessary to prove anything, so calm and no secrets in front of others.

"I'm pretending to be sick. My illness showed good signs half a month ago."

"Then...then..." Han Shi was even more speechless when he was nervous. It has never been as exciting and ups and downs as it is today.

"My parents don't like me very much. I thought, even if I am cured, I can't stay at their house. I have to come out by myself. Otherwise, if I were fine before, they won't separate me. Well, in this way, everything I do with the money I will do in the future will be for that family, not my own." Shen Ling slowly put his hand on Han Shi's shoulder, but only felt a handful of bones.

Because Shen Ling's movements were slow, it seemed that he wanted to give Han Shi time to prepare, and he was afraid of scaring him, so Han Shi just straightened his body nervously, but did not escape.

"Han Shi, you are my husband, we are a family, and my parents don't like us, so we have to separate the family first, so that we can live a good life." Shen Ling said word by word, for fear that he would say What should not say that there are loopholes and mistakes.

Han Shi was silent for a long time, then nodded lightly, "Then you...really don't remember?"

Shen Ling was a little worried, how could this child still remember this!

"I remember a little bit, vaguely, maybe my illness is not fully recovered. I have forgotten a lot of things in a mess in the past two weeks, just remember that I am leaving home, and I will live my own life when I get better." Shen Ling frowned and made a confused expression.

Han Shi raised his head and looked at him pitifully, "Then you...will you forget it in the future?" No one has ever cared about how much he eats, and he still cares because he eats less. Forget about it now.

"It shouldn't be, I'm all right, look at me, I don't have any fever!" Shen Ling grabbed Han Shi's little hand and pressed it on his forehead.

"It's not hot anymore!" Han Shi said in surprise.

"Yeah." Shen Ling nodded with a smile, "I'll raise you in the future, so that you won't be hungry." The child is so good to him, and he will also be good to the child in the future. As for the husband and wife, you can put it later As soon as it is released, he will first raise the child well and gain weight.

It was the first time that Han Shi heard someone say this to him. He was incapable of accepting it for a while. He didn't know how to react. He just blushed with excitement. , showing nervousness and shyness, but happy.