Chapter 124

After Shen Ling put on makeup, she didn't stay any longer, but left. Zhao Shuitao was looking at the door in the yard, and she turned her attention when she saw Shen Ling coming out.

"Sister-in-law, I heard that the third brother passed the exam as a scholar? He also had a feast for guests?" Shen Ling asked.

"Yes! No, look, this is a yard, I'm cleaning it up!" Zhao Shuitao laughed.

"Since there is still money in the family to give the third brother a big banquet, why did I hear that the family took the money from the brother-in-law to agree to the marriage? Our family has the third child, and our daughters will all be precious in the future. Miss Guan's family, it is right for others to rush to ask for marriage, but why are we in such a hurry? Could it be that we really took money from others?"

Zhao Shuitao was stunned for a while, and said, "Where did you hear about this? ? This..." Zhao Shuitao was just a country woman, she was stunned for a moment and then blushed with anger, Shen Ling also understood, it seemed that Shen San really took the money.

"Sister-in-law, how much money do you have at home? Why isn't there enough for the third brother to take the exam?"

Zhao Shuitao was angry when she heard the words. Shen Ling was the second child in the family. "Although I don't know how much is left, I also estimate that there are one or two hundred taels of silver, but the third brother said that going to the capital, the consumption is very large, for fear that the money will not be enough, and to make friends with the students of the capital, this is life and death. You have to hollow out your family! I also heard before that students who go to Beijing to take the test are enough to bring a few dozen taels, and most are only a hundred taels. It's not enough!" Zhao Shuitao was indignant.

Shen Ling understood, it's just that a few dozen taels are barely enough for the average farmer to go to the capital for the exam. After all, the accommodation, clothing and food are expensive during the exam, plus the cost of the exam, making friends, one hundred taels will never be enough. Too much, which exam did Shen San suffer from? You have to save face in front of the students, but the more money the better? !

It's just that the family seems to have no money, and he is quite concerned about this. After all, there is no money here, so it is very likely that he will come to attack him, but after careful calculation, the family has cultivated a scholar, and he is not. Saving, plus the remaining two hundred taels of silver, it can be seen that the sum of money that the Shen family suddenly obtained back then was probably in the thousands.

Shen Ling looked at Zhao Shuitao and smiled, "Sister-in-law, don't say that, my parents must have a clue, and they won't let the third brother take the whole family with them. There must be a backer."

"Where did the backhand come from? I saw my mother-in-law counting the money..." Zhao Shuitao hurriedly shut up and peeked at her mother-in-law to count the money, it would be too embarrassing to say this.

Shen Ling didn't seem to hear it. Thinking of the jade pendant he gave to Shen Mei just now, he casually comforted: "Sister-in-law is prejudiced! Not all silver is just silver, some jade and jewelry are also very valuable, and these things are more valuable than silver. It's easy to hide, and it's not conspicuous. My parents must have saved it. Even if you see it, sister-in-law, I'm afraid you won't recognize its value. Even if the money is gone, there must be other things."

Shen Ling He didn't care about what he said. He had already instructed Shen Mei to carry the jade pendant close to her body. Don't tell anyone if she hid it. If she could still be taken away like this, it means that she didn't have the ability to keep it. She comforted Zhao Shuitao casually, she was blocking the road, and it was not easy for her to go directly.

However, Zhao Shuitao seemed to suddenly think of something, and quickly said: "It seems that there is such a thing, or your daughter-in-law said."

Shen Ling had already thought that the chat was over, and was about to walk away, when she heard her mention Han Shi, she paused again. Step, listen to Zhao Shuitao speak.

Zhao Shuitao said, "Your daughter-in-law once accidentally knocked off a box in her mother-in-law's house when she was cleaning the house. She broke the box, and something fell out. She was beaten by her mother-in-law. Later, when I asked him, he only supported him. He faltered and told me that there was a brand-like thing in it, and he didn't know it either. You said, this brand must be very valuable when my mother-in-law is so nervous?"

Shen Ling didn't pay attention to the brand, and didn't care about Zhao Shuitao's guess. He just had a cold look in his eyes when he heard that Han Shi was beaten, turned to look at Zhao Shuitao with a smile, and said maliciously, "Sister-in-law, it must be worth a lot of money. What! Otherwise, her old man can be so nervous? It must be a treasure! Maybe, there are other treasures, sister-in-law, if the third brother passes the exam this time, it will be fine, and he doesn't care about these money issues, but if the third brother is I didn't pass this time, and I will take the test next year. Parents are not allowed to sell all those treasures to the third brother to make money for the trip? By then, the family will be really empty, and I have no other ideas. We have already separated. We all know the relationship between my third brother and my family, and I won't help him or anything, but it's just that you have suffered, sister-in-law, your family, and my undeveloped nephews and nieces!"

Zhao Shuitao's face froze, Panicked, "It's impossible to fail the exam, right?"

"What do you mean, didn't you even fail the exam last time? There are still several exams to come! Could it be possible to pass the exam so smoothly? Jinshi?"

"Then..." Zhao Shuitao panicked.

"Sister-in-law, you don't know, but I do know that there are juren on top of Xiucai, and only after passing the examination can they go to Beijing to take the exam. The third brother has taken the examination for Xiucai twice, so does this juren pass once? Let him pass it once. After all, the family is already preparing the money for him to go to Beijing. It seems that he still believes that the third child has passed the exam once, saying that he has passed the exam, and then he has to travel thousands of miles to Beijing to take the jinshi exam. If you get sick all your life, lose money, or take the wrong path and delay your trip, or you really fail the exam, the money will be spent in vain, and you have to come again. Two snowflakes and silver!"

"Then...then what should I do? If Shen San really took the test a few more times, even if he had gold and silver at home, he would be free!" Zhao Shuitao panicked, "I still have a few children. I have to take care of you! Second brother! That's your nephew too! You will have to honor you in the future, so you can't ignore it, your elder brother treats you well."

Shen Ling smiled, "Big brother is good to me, but my uncle, who has been separated from the family, can't handle my nephews and nieces! Sister-in-law, you have to plan more for yourself. Say, if you lose your family, What, don't parents spend money so recklessly? It's a little bit if you can save a little bit, and it's not like giving the old three or two hundred taels of money to take the exam at once. You know, these two hundred taels save money, but you can I took the test twice. Sigh... my parents still have something in their hands! It's just a pity, nephews, I don't know who will pay for the toll for the test in the future."

Zhao Shuitao was completely stunned, she never thought about it. This, the money at home saves money, Shen San can still take the exam, why does he have to pretend to be like this, if she fails the exam, her family will not be able to survive? Zhao Shuitao's heart was twisted for a while, and she deeply hated her in-laws' partiality. When they squeezed together, they couldn't compare to Shen San's fingers, and they didn't even plan to leave a little bit of their family property for them.

Shen Ling had already walked away, Zhao Shuitao wanted to discuss this matter with Shen Ling again, but Shen Ling ignored her and left in big strides. Zhao Shuitao stomped on the spot, and the more she thought about it, the more she felt wronged and married into the Shen family. After so many years, she is the eldest daughter-in-law again, and has given birth to the eldest grandson. If you change to another family, you should be a great hero in the family! And what about her? For the sake of a third Shen, he has worked for so many years and served as a servant for so many years. Maybe he won't get any benefits in the end. Zhao Shuitao raised his hand and wiped his face. 's house.

Shen Ling hurried home with a dark face, Han Shi was coaxing Zhao Fu, Shen Ling walked over and gently embraced Han Shi's waist, "You must have suffered a lot before?"

Han Shi was stunned and smiled. He got up, "Why do you suddenly think of saying this?"

"I heard my sister-in-law say that my mother beat you? Where did I beat you? Does it hurt?"

Han Shi shook his head, "It's okay, I'm used to it, when I was at my mother's house, He was beaten too, it's fine."

"Was he beaten before marrying into my family?" Shen Ling's eyes were full of coldness.

Han Shi was embraced by Shen Ling from behind, and he couldn't see Shen Ling's expression, he just lowered his head slightly, "It was fine when my godfather was here, but then my godfather passed away." There was only one eldest brother left in the family, His eldest brother is very rambunctious, and his godfather is mad at him, so he is often beaten for work.

Han Shi suddenly heard Shen Ling's light laughter, but Han Shi felt that Shen Ling's laugh was a little chilling, "You've been married to me for so long, I really want to never see my uncle. Now that you're back, you have to visit, right?"

Han Shi's eyes widened and he said in horror, "No...don't go!" He still had some instinctive fear.

Hearing Han Shi's panic, Shen Ling strengthened his thoughts, "Go and have a look! With Zhaofu, you must not go to your godfather's grave to burn paper and tell him to the old man? He adopted you anyway, and seems to be paying attention to you. It looks good."

Han Shi nodded when he heard the words, "Godfather, it's really good to me." His eldest brother used to say that if the godfather picked him up and gave him a bite to eat, he would have died a long time ago. It is also because of this that he has never resisted his elder brother. It is not that he can't beat him. He is stronger than men, but he also feels that the Han family gave him a bite to eat and let him survive. He must be grateful. Even if you are bullied, you have to repay your kindness first.

Shen Ling didn't know what Han Shi was thinking, and he had already thought about the way to mutilate the other party, not involving himself. Of course, he had already considered that the Han family saved Han Shi's life and raised him, and Godfather Han is also good to Han Shi. He has already added all these kindnesses, so he just maimed rather than killed him. Shen Ling felt that he was already very benevolent and righteous.