Chapter 64

After Shen Ling said goodbye to Huaizhou's friends, he took his servants to Chengxian, and called Zhao Song along the way. Zhao Song had helped him transport peach vases. He, by the way, invites people to dinner to express his gratitude.

In the restaurant, Zhao Song was wearing muslin clothes and his eyes wandered. Shen Ling poured a glass of wine for Zhao Song, "Eat! What are you thinking about?

" I got nervous.

"I brought it, but it's just a knife, don't worry, we are friends, I will never attack you." Shen Ling patted Zhao Song on the shoulder with a smile, but Zhao Song shrank silently, trying hard to make himself look Naturally normal, looking up at Shen Ling, why did this person come to find him? He has come by himself, and he doesn't need him to deliver the peach vase. Why did he come to him suddenly? Did you know that he got kickbacks? !

Zhao Song lowered his head and glanced at the muslin cloth on his body, and regretted that he didn't wear the old worn clothes. This man can kill.

Shen Ling's eyes fell on his clothes with Zhao Song, is there any problem? I don't understand why Zhao Song looks so scared, what kind of impression did he leave on this person, and he would cut people with a knife if they disagreed? Shen Ling felt that it was necessary for him to correct the other person's impression of him. Didn't he say that the wine table is the best place for men to exchange feelings? Shen Ling poured another glass of wine for Zhao Song, "Drink, I'll give you a toast, thank you for helping me, and transporting the peach vase for me."

Zhao Song picked up the glass, "I dare not, I should."

He delivered A batch of peach vases received a rebate of nearly tens of taels of silver. I think Shen Ling didn't know it! Otherwise, he has already drawn a knife to cut him, why would he invite him down to the restaurant for a drink? Thinking of this, Zhao Song relaxed a little, and his attitude became more natural.

Shen Ling saw that the atmosphere really improved a lot, and he chatted a lot, and even talked about the famous prostitutes in Chengxian County, which Zhao Song was very interested in, and directly talked about Zhao Song slapping the table to wipe his saliva.

"Since you like it so much? Why don't you go take a look?" Shen Ling smiled calmly.

Zhao Song paused and looked at Shen Ling in surprise. For a moment, he scratched his head embarrassedly, "Isn't this moneyless?" After speaking, he glanced at Shen Ling with a flattering smile on his face.

"I invite you." Shen Ling did not disappoint Zhao Song.

"Really?" Zhao Song stood up abruptly, rubbed his hands and looked at Shen Ling with a look of uncontrollable joy, "That, that, why are you embarrassed? I just shipped the bottle for you once, and I got it too. The reward is ten taels of silver! How could I be so embarrassed to take your money again?"

Shen Ling continued to smile calmly: "We are friends."

"This...hehe...friend, yes, we are friends." Zhao Song quickly nod.

"But I won't go. I'm a family man, and my husband definitely doesn't want me to go in that kind of place." Shen Ling said casually.

"It's okay, it's not that my sister-in-law didn't come! Let's play together! You don't know..."

"Don't go."

Zhao Song didn't force it. You know, seeing this, he made a regretful expression, "Then there's nothing I can do, I'll have to go alone."

Shen Ling nodded.

Shen Ling and the two were on the second floor of the restaurant by the window, and suddenly there was a commotion on the street downstairs.

"General Wei is back, and General Wei is back after a defeat." A person ran over on the street, and the whole street was instantly boiling, Shen Ling frowned and looked down, Zhao Song had already murmured: "The people who escaped said that It's true! Chuzhou has really fallen."

"This General Wei, seems to have heard of it somewhere, did the storyteller say it, General Wei in the story of Chu Ci's military division?" Shen Ling asked.

Zhao Song turned his head, and didn't suspect that Shen Ling didn't even know about this, and explained: "No! That's how many years ago, this General Wei is his son, the General Wei in the storybook. , he has long been a military marshal, and he is old, and he does not often lead troops to fight."

Zhao Song shared the Wei family's genealogy with Shen Ling Science and told Shen Ling that the Wei family had two sons, a man and a twin. They are all on the battlefield, but I don't know who led the defeated soldiers back this time. There are already troops on the street over there. They all look sleepy, and there are many wounded. The news spread quickly in Cheng County. Someone was already talking about it in the restaurant.

"I heard that these people are all wounded soldiers, and they came back to recover."

"It seems that General Wei was also injured and came back with the team. General Wei is still leading his soldiers to meet the enemy, waiting for the court to send rescue soldiers!"

"Yes ! , I heard that it will be repaired in Chengxian County, and then a batch of grain will be shipped from us to the front line." The

atmosphere in the restaurant instantly became depressed, the Jin state has not been stable for many years, and many older people still remember the war. It looks like it has only been more than ten years, is it going to be done again? I can only hope that General Wei can really block the enemy and wait for the rescue of the imperial court! Otherwise, Chengxian, as a large county for food gathering and trading, will definitely attract enemy attacks.

Shen Ling's brows also wrinkled, not to mention that business could not be done during the war, he said that he himself did not want to encounter war. Xiao Shi will be born in just a few months. In the chaos of war, thieves and bandits are roaming. He brought the newborn baby and the frail Han Shi. What if something happened?

Zhao Song's expression also looked slack, and he muttered: "It's too mysterious to just rely on one pair to block the enemy's army. Don't I have any more capable generals in Jin?"

Someone next to him heard Zhao Song's words and said: "The Wei family has been guarding the frontier since the founding of the country, fighting in the battlefield, and a three-star, even if the general Wei is a double, he is better than a man, and his reputation is also his own. If you work hard little by little, why can't you stop the enemy?! You want the enemy to hit Chengxian, right?"

"Yes! ."

Someone in the restaurant kept scolding Zhao Song, and seemed to think that what he said was unlucky, and even a little grumpy would be eager to beat someone.

Zhao Song also knew that it was not good for him to say this. He was prone to crows and angered the public. He quickly shrank his head and did not dare to make a sound. Everyone returned to his own discussion, calculating when the imperial court would send troops to fight, talking and talking. Then, he discussed the political affairs, saying that the emperor was old, and he didn't know if he still had the courage to conquer the battlefield and open up the territory. People said that he was old and dull, and when he was old, he was prone to covet comfort. The stupid decision, it is the little people who suffer.

Not long after the founding of the Jin state, many elderly people were remnants of the previous dynasty. In addition, the imperial court was weak, and the deterrent power to the people did not reach a certain level, and there were no regulations that the common people were not allowed to discuss government affairs. Therefore, everyone talked about the government. take into account.

Shen Ling listened for a moment, then glanced out the window. A carriage was walking forward surrounded by soldiers. A flag was erected on the gray carriage, with the Chinese character embroidered on it, "Isn't there a general over there?" Shen Ling Ling casually said, pulling out a wry smile, feeling a little bad, unless the seriously wounded in the army should not be able to ride in the carriage, and the carriage of the seriously wounded will not erect a flag, surrounded by the stars and the moon, then Inside, there is basically only one possibility!

However, if a general can be injured to such an extent that he can't even walk on horseback, Shen Ling felt that the injury might be really serious. Chuzhou had just been lost, the army was exhausted, the morale was low, and the general was seriously injured. Only one general was left to fight alone and wait for reinforcements. No matter how you look at it, the situation was not very good.

As soon as Shen Ling finished speaking, the people in the restaurant hurriedly pointed their heads to look outside. Sure enough, they saw General Wei's carriage, and their expressions became more and more ugly. Obviously, they went with Shen Ling.

When the army passed, the atmosphere in the restaurant did not ease for a long time, everyone was still immersed in the low pressure, Zhao Song lost interest in drinking, so Shen Ling paid the money to leave with him, walked outside the restaurant, Shen Ling After giving him enough money for whoring, let him find a famous prostitute in Chengxian to be happy and unrestrained, Zhao Song's face improved, and he excitedly looked at Shen Ling with a posture that he was about to swoop in with Shen Ling.

"Brother! You are really loyal, don't say anything else, I will take it, I understand, I understand! If there is a dispatch in the future, Zhao Song will definitely be on call. From now on, we will be brothers, our own brothers!"

Shen Ling patted Zhao Song on the shoulder, "Let's play! I'm going back to the inn, you know where I live."

"I know! That must be known! I don't know what's going on on the street! Tomorrow I went to find you, didn't I want to order a peach vase to do business by the way? I'll follow! Then I must help." Zhao Song patted his chest and assured.

Shen Ling smiled and went back after saying goodbye to Zhao Song.

Here, the smile on Zhao Song's face slowly changed from bright to struggling. With so much money, isn't it too extravagant to spend it on prostitutes? Apart from taking Shen Ling's rebate last time, he has never seen so much money, and he doesn't know if he can win the war. The family is big and small! Wouldn't it be better to have some money in hand? Even buying some food and storing it in the cellar is not too much!

Besides, how much meat can you buy for so much money! Enough for his whole family to be rich for half a year, what kind of woman sleeps! !

Zhao Song stuffed the banknote into his clothes and patted it with his hand. After feeling the existence of the banknote, he walked towards the brothel and walked outside the brothel. Zhao Song did not go in, but looked at the daytime.

The brothel, which was as quiet as a chicken, spat fiercely. In the evening, the Lord came to the door to take a look and feast for the eyes. What are you doing in there! waste money! Then he swaggered away and walked towards the silver village. He also knew that if there was a real war, the silver bills would not be able to be exchanged for money, so he had to deal with the money first. Moreover, the country people don't have much sense of identification with the banknotes, and they always feel that there is no silver in the palm of his hand.

Although Zhao Song also recognizes the banknotes, he still prefers the money subconsciously, so he has to exchange the money first.