Chapter 11

In the grocery store, Han Shi blushed and picked up the white paper the store gave him. He also bought some vegetable seasonings, including chili powder. Shen Ling likes spicy food, or he thinks it is good to eat spicy food in winter. , In the future, some peppers will be planted at home, and dried in the sun to be used as seasonings in winter. Splash the pepper noodles with hot oil, and the fragrant taste.

In other words, I don't know if people here eat chili like this. If no one knows, then he can make some chili oil and sell it! Shen Ling silently kept this matter in mind, ready to go back and try it out.

"Store, do you have red paper for selling Spring Festival couplets here? Oh, I don't seem to have scissors at home."

"What? Can you find a way to write Spring Festival couplets?" The grocery store owner became interested.

"Well." Shen Ling didn't say that he planned to write it himself, "I just want to buy some pen, ink, paper and inkstone, and go back and write some Spring Festival couplets to sell. Why, does the store also sell Spring Festival couplets?" Shen Ling smiled.

"Of course, I also receive Spring Festival couplets here, but the word must be written well, and you can't just take it from me. If it's good, I'll charge you a penny lower than the market price, and it will save you from running to the town. To set up a stall, you have to pay a stall fee of ten cents." The owner of the grocery store said with a smile.

"That's good, shopkeeper, let's buy some red paper." Shen Ling nodded.

It was obviously not the first time for the grocery store owner to do this kind of business. He skillfully took out a stack and placed it on the counter, "But this red paper is a little more expensive than white paper."

"It should be." Shen Ling nodded, red paper anyway. It also needs to be dyed with paint, which is of course more expensive. However, Shen Ling wondered, "Is that all?"

The boss was a little surprised, "How much more do you want? Writing is a very tiring thing. Even if you give a scholar a pen fee, he will not be able to write the Spring Festival couplets for you without doing anything for a few days. If you can write a hundred It would be good to have a pair." It took a few days to write a hundred or so pairs, after all, a pair of Spring Festival couplets is about 20 words, and a hundred or so pairs are more than 2,000 words. Writing 2,000 characters is not an easy task.

Therefore, the stack of red paper they sell is basically the size of nearly 200 pairs of couplets that can be cut, leaving room for people to write and cut them.

"Then I want two stacks and more ink." Shen Ling nodded.

Since the customer asked for two stacks, of course the store owner would not stop them from buying them, so he took out another stack and wrapped the pen and inkstone, saying, "A total of one tael of silver."

"So expensive?" He bought a stack Winter clothes and quilts are only 800 yuan.

"Little brother, my stack of paper is really not expensive, only fifty cents a stack, two stacks are only one hundred cents, and ink is not too expensive. I got two yuan for you to be rich, and it was only two hundred cents. The writing brush costs 20 wen, depending on how many you buy, I will send you a damaged brush, which counts as two, but the inkstone is expensive! Some people can use this thing for a lifetime if you buy a piece of it, and a better inkstone costs a few taels, about the same. The inkstones used by scholars may cost dozens of taels, but the ones I got for you are already the cheapest." The store owner refused to mention that generally, scholars who are invited to write Spring Festival couplets use their own inkstones.

Shen Ling didn't plan to invite anyone. If he wants to write in the future, he must have one inkstone table, and the Spring Festival couplets are extremely profitable. One tael of silver is one thousand pennies, and if he counts ten pennies, it's just a hundred pairs of couplets. , After writing the two stacks of paper, he could make a fortune no matter what, but not much.

Shen Ling thought for a while, "Okay! Boss, then you can send me some red paper!"

"Come on." The grocery store owner smiled brightly, "I still have a few stacks here that are soaked in water, and they can still be used if I cut them carefully. , do you want a stack of ten cents cheaper?"

"Let's take a look first." Of course he couldn't have it if it was ruined too much.

The shop owner took out the water-soaked red paper and put it on the counter. Shen Ling took a look and found that it was indeed damaged a lot, and some places were discolored and wrinkled, and the area was not small, nearly half of it was damaged, " Two folds of ten pennies, I want them all."

Just as the shop owner was about to make a price, he heard Shen Ling say that he wanted all of them, thinking that he had accumulated dozens of folds, this kind of thing can only be used by scholars, which one? The scholar was not angry when he saw that the person who paid for the pen had brought a stack of damaged red paper over, so his red paper has never been shot. It would be good if someone wanted it. Moreover, today is only one guest, basically He spent more than one or two dollars here, which was already a big profit, and it was okay to give away these discarded red papers for free.

Thinking of this, the shop owner nodded, "Yes, there are eleven stacks of damaged red paper, please give me sixty wen! Don't give me five."

"Yes." Shen Ling nodded.

Han Shi handed over the silver in a daze, feeling that his heart, liver and lungs were entangled, and the ten taels of silver were not warm here yet. They spent nearly three taels of silver on a trip out of the door. I spent so much money all at once.

Han Shi looked at Shen Ling pitifully, but he didn't dare to say anything in front of outsiders, for fear of losing his face, so he could only bear it by himself, and when he went out, Han Shi couldn't wait to say: "The third brother will definitely not write for us. Yes." He thought that Shen Ling wanted to ask Shen San to write the Spring Festival couplets.

He had heard before that although the Shen family would write Spring Festival couplets for people, they were for relatives and friends, and they didn't need money. At most, they accepted a few eggs or cabbage and radishes from relatives and friends as a thank-you gift. In terms of business, the Shen family attaches great importance to reputation, and would never agree to Shen San doing such a thing.

Shen Ling rolled his eyes, "Who said I'm going to find Shen San? I'm going to go to him and get a stack of cut and damaged red paper, and I promise that he won't finish writing it for me, at most Write a dozen or so, can I go to him?" Shen Ling didn't understand the behavior of the Shen family, but he felt that Shen San was not someone who would write well for him, that person was smart, but also a little indifferent. , it just sounds nice.

Han Shi paused, and said silently, "Then who do we ask to write?"

"I will write it myself." Shen Ling smiled and said, "I can write."

Han Shi's eyes widened, his mouth slightly opened, revealing the tip of his tongue, Shen Ling forbearance. He couldn't help reaching out to touch Han Shi's lips before turning his head, fearing that he would do something bad and scare the child. Han Shi's face suddenly blushed, and he quickly lowered his head, not daring to make a sound.

When he returned to the village, Shen Gouzi was gone. He didn't know whether he went back by himself or was found and carried back. Shen Ling was not afraid. He went out for a walk today and didn't feel that he had any strength. It's not right, I think the body is just lying down for a long time and the blood is not smooth, and it's almost good to do some exercise today.

Moreover, he and Shen Gouzi are in the same village. To a certain extent, he can't beat people. As long as he doesn't fight with his life, Shen Gouzi is really not his opponent. It's just that he still needs to pretend to be sick, so he can't. It just performed great.

On the other side of Widow Shen's house, Shen Gouzi was lying on the bed, his voice was hoarse and speechless, and several young men also dressed in shabby and dirty clothes surrounded the bed, looking sad and angry.

"Brother, tell me, what's wrong with you? Who was beaten? Tell me the brothers will take revenge for you."

Shen Gouzi couldn't make a sound. Pointing in the direction of Shen Ling's house with his finger, he kept indicating something in sign language.

"What? Slow down, I don't understand bro! Are you saying you were beaten there? We know! We're asking who beat you."

Shen Gouzi looked impatient, and kept making a mouth shape, trying to make a sound.

"Shen Zuzi?"

Shen Gouzi shook his head desperately.

"Shen Lei?"

Shen Gouzi continued to shake his head desperately.

"Brother like this, in this way, we will name everyone who can hit you. If it is that person, you will nod your head."

Shen Gouzi nodded quickly.

"Okay, then let's start. Let's start with our village. Chen Erhei." He

shook his head.

"Chen Chengzu." He

continued to shake his head.

"Chen Daniu."

Shaking his head again...

An hour has passed, and two people who have mentioned names have changed. There is also a drain bowl on the table of Widow Shen's house, and Widow Shen has gone to boil water again. Shen Gouzi shook his head numbly, but Mumu just waited for them to read Shen Er's name.

"I said brother! Who the hell beat you! I can tell everyone in this neighboring village a hundred miles away, tell me who beat you!" Everyone was also very puzzled. They have mentioned everything they could, so why Shen Gouzi didn't respond? Shen Gouzi looked sad and angry, please don't reduce the number of people casually? Although Shen Er was a patient, he was also a strong and healthy man back then!

"If only Brother Gouzi could write," someone muttered.

However, Shen Gouzi can't write, even if he can write, the rest of the people don't know how to write! The crowd fell silent for a while.

Over there, Shen Ling and the two returned home, put food in the kitchen, and changed their bedding clothes. Han Shi happily wore new cotton clothes to show Shen Ling. This was the first time he wore new clothes. He used to wear his brother's clothes. Don't. "Does it look good?"

"It looks good." Shen Ling just finished cleaning up the table, wiped it clean, took time to look up, and nodded.

Han Shi blushed, pinched the corner of his clothes, and said, "Then I'll cook."

"Well." Shen Ling nodded casually, without any intention of following.

Shen Ling took out the damaged red paper first and carefully measured the size before carefully cutting it open. First the good part of the red paper, then the damaged part, some were only wrinkled, and some were both hazy and wrinkled. The first type is a small spring couplet that can barely write a few characters of blessing or four characters. If it is wrinkled and faded, it can only be written improvisationally. At that time, it is a big deal to give it to others, and it can be sold for a penny! There are still a lot of poor people in this world, but they are only faded and wrinkled. I think some people should not mind.

Shen Ling carefully took out the inkstone and placed it on the table, and began to add water to grind it. When Han Shi finished the meal and called Shen Ling to eat, Shen Ling was picking up the pen and writing, all his attention was on the paper, his expression was serious and serious, holding the brush in one hand, his movements were smooth and smooth, and the words he wrote were strong and natural.

Although Han Shi didn't quite understand it, he gradually became a little stunned when he stood at the door. He always felt that Shen Ling was very powerful and very good-looking. The words he wrote were more beautiful than other people's. Such a powerful person is his husband? Han Shi had an unreal feeling, his face warmed up a little, and he couldn't look away.

The author has something to say: (Shen Gouzi: I'm sorry, brothers, I have embarrassed you. I was beaten down by a sick person who couldn't get up.)