Chapter 160

A few days later, when the new emperor ascended the throne, Shen Ling originally wanted to leave, but was kept by Wei Yi, saying that Chu Ci still had something to do, and asked him to bring Han Shi back, in the name of the son of Chu Ci, and wait for the decree. , Shen Ling thought about it, Xiao San still has no title to Han Shi, and Han Shi really should return to the capital, the old emperor is dead, and no one will attack Han Shi's idea again, it is not a problem.

Mu Hongyuan was locked at home recently. When Shen Ling came to ask for an appointment, Mu Hongyuan was very excited when he saw him, "Brother! My life is miserable!" Mu Hongyuan hugged Shen Ling and did not let go. into a group.

Shen Ling already understood why Mu Hongyuan was locked up, pushed him away with a blank face, patted his clothes, and said with disgust, "Don't rub my clothes."

Mu Hongyuan wiped his face, "Brother Shen, save me! "

Cure or take you out?" Shen Ling smiled.

Mu Hongyuan was a little embarrassed, "Otherwise, treat the disease first, and then take me out! Brother Shen, you are highly skilled in medicine, you can definitely help me, right!"

Shen Ling nodded, "It's okay to treat the disease, yes, you help me Bring Han Shi back!"

"Okay." Mu Hongyuan nodded, then paused abruptly, "So soon? The matter is settled?"

Shen Ling nodded, "It's settled, something needs him to come back." Shen Ling After explaining to Mu Hongyuan about Han Shi's identity, Mu Hongyuan's eyes widened in surprise.

"Son of Chu Ci?"

"Yes!"

"Then... Hong Jin..." Mu Hongyuan touched his chin.

"Since Han Shi considers him his righteous brother, he is naturally the Chu family."

"When did you know Han Shi's identity?"

"I already knew it, but I can't say it." Shen Ling said with a smile.

Mu Hongyuan clicked his tongue, raised his hand and patted Shen Ling's shoulder, "Good brother!" Knowing his husband's extraordinary status, and the brother who takes care of his brother, he is really a good brother.

Shen Ling smiled and didn't refute. After leaving some pills for Mu Hongyuan, Shen Ling left Mu Mansion. Xiao San blocked Shen Ling's way in Shen Ling's shop. Shen Ling had moved out of the Marshal's Mansion and lived temporarily. In the inn, I usually go to my own store to check the account books and the like.

"See Caomin..." Seeing Xiao San, Shen Ling immediately bowed and was about to salute, but Xiao San raised his hand and held it. The country cannot live without a king for a day, Xiao San has already succeeded to the throne, goodbye Xiao San, Shen Ling and him It is the difference between the ruler and the people, which should be a great gift.

"We're friends, why is this?" Xiao San smiled, "Besides, I came out in casual clothes today."

Shen Ling nodded and chuckled, even if Xiao San really thought they were friends, it was the proper etiquette He still has to do it. Wei An and Wei Jing understand this principle, and he also understands it.

"Young Master Xiao, it's not safe outside, or..."

"Don't worry, there are guards! I've been too busy these days, and I haven't had the time to go out. I used to be wandering around, but suddenly I was locked in a big yard. , I'm really not used to it, I finally took some time today to come and see you."

"Thank you, Young Master Xiao, for your concern." Shen Ling smiled and handed over.

"Where's Han Shi? Didn't come back? What about my son? Didn't come back with him too?"

Shen Ling nodded, "I've already had someone pick it up."

Xiao San nodded, patted his palm with the folding fan, and the two of them were actually close to each other. Time had nothing to say. Seeing this, Shen Ling hurriedly said, "Where is Xiao Gongzi going to play?"

"No, I just went out for a walk. I just went to the Marshal's Mansion and didn't see Wei An. He's on business."

"General Wei An is about to get married, do you still have official business?" Shen Ling said with a smile.

"Yeah! He's an eagle. I can't break his wings. He can do whatever he wants. Even if he gets married, I won't keep him in the deep courtyard." Xiao San whispered.

"Young Master Xiao really loves the husband." Shen Ling smiled, and the two of them had nothing to say for a while.

The two of them used to fight each other before. When they were in Chengxian County, the two of them sparred from far and wide, neither of them would let the other, but it was very interesting, but now, it seems that they are really going to have a relationship, and Xiao San gets it. Now that he has obtained what he longed for, power is in his hands, and his lover is at his fingertips, and some things that he didn't care about before are gradually becoming more important now, such as the attitude that Shen Ling used to treat him like a friend.

In the palace, he was surrounded by courtiers or ministers who were obedient or courteous to him. Sometimes he also missed the days when he was a commoner when he was in desperation. Although he was shoved into the secret room by Shen Ling all day long, he was always at a loss. He was also ordered by Shen Ling to help him take care of the child. Maybe he would have to go hungry. From time to time, he would have no love for him. He was speechless, but thinking about it now, it was quite interesting.

It is precisely because of this that Xiao San came to Shen Ling's shop after he came out of the Marshal's Mansion. He didn't know why he had come. After all, Shen Ling might not be here, but he still came, probably just to pursue some things. When I was in Chengxian, I didn't want to meet Shen Lingzai by chance.

It's just that things are different, and it seems that everything has changed.

Xiao San looked at Shen Ling, "Drinking?"

"Okay! I sell good wine here." Shen Ling smiled indifferently, neither humble nor arrogant, but he couldn't find the real sense of equality and reciprocity.

Xiao San lowered his head and made a joke, "Your wine! I don't know yet! You said it yourself, it's just a joke, it can't be compared with the real good wine, let's say good wine , it has to be the wine pulp that has been buried for decades, those you sell after brewing for a few months are not good wine."

Shen Ling nodded and chuckled, "Young Master Xiao is right, what I sell is originally It 's funny." Xiao San was silent, and when Shen

Ling took the wine and asked him to go to the cleaned backyard, Xiao San said, "Are you still angry? How about I apologize to you?"

The furniture is placed on the stone table in the backyard. The stone table has been wiped clean, and the water has been absorbed with a dry cloth. The stone table is dark.

Hearing this, Shen Ling raised his head, he knew why Xiao San came here, basically because he was being praised too much and wanted to find a way to get along with others. , "Mr. Xiao misunderstood, I'm not someone who doesn't know how to lift up, and I don't hold any grudges against anyone. Besides, Han Shi is fine, what's worth worrying about?"

Xiao San heard the words and sat on the mat. He sat on the padded stone bench, "I think you're still cold to me."

Shen Ling filled the wine glass and sighed, what he did was wrong, Shen Ling could only say: "Dare to ask Young Master Xiao, I hope I How?"

"Just get along as usual."

"Then ask Young Master Xiao, Wei Jing, Duan Rui, or some other people I don't know. These friends who have known Young Master since childhood are still the same as before. Get along the same way?"

Xiao San paused, "No, there are differences between rulers and ministers." They used to be able to sit at the same table to eat, but now, even if they were killed, they would not dare to sit at the same table with him, even if he asked Yes, his butt would only stick to half of the chair. He couldn't stand the way they were squatting, so he wouldn't let them sit.

"I think I'm better than them. I'm just a little more respectful than before, far less than the difference between a ruler and a minister." He is a modern person, and he has no concept of what a king is. He was just afraid that Xiao San could squeeze his power to death at will depending on his mood.

Xiao San thought for a while, then nodded, "Indeed, they didn't dare to sit at the same table with me, you just sat down without asking a question."

Shen Ling looked at the stone table in front of her, feeling her ass The stone bench below is a bit hot, is he too late to stand up now?

Seemingly seeing Shen Ling's stiffness, Xiao San laughed, reached out and patted Shen Ling's shoulder, "Just kidding."

Haha...

"Drink." Xiao San raised his glass, and Shen Ling had to follow him.

The two killed nearly half the jar of wine. Although the alcohol made from flowers was not high in alcohol, it was a little on the face. Shen Ling let go a little bit more than before. After drinking too much wine, it could really reduce some estrangements. , Xiao San had already sat next to Shen Ling, put his hand on Shen Ling's shoulder, and said seriously: "Actually, I just think I have to have a friend, otherwise, I will really be alone. I don't want to be an emperor like that."

Shen Ling chuckled and lowered his head, as if he had heard something interesting. If he wants to be an emperor, he also wants to have confidants and friends, do you want to? too much? People are too greedy, and God will not be used to it. Do you really think that you are the son of God?

The emperor is the ruler of a country. He calls himself the Son of Heaven and is above all ten thousand people. He does not allow anyone to stand by his side, let alone divide his power. Such a person wants to be a confidant and a friend? Has anyone ever seen an elephant and an ant as friends? When one of them can crush the other to death at will, the net worth and life are given to the other party, where is the friend?

"What are you laughing at?" Xiao San frowned.

"It's nothing, I'm willing to be your friend." Shen Ling raised his eyes and said seriously, "Although Xiao San has used me and plotted against me, but I know that he has no choice but to be his friend."

If Xiao San is not The emperor, that is his friend, but if Xiao San is the emperor, then he is still the king of this country.

Xiao San looked at Shen Ling and seemed to understand what Shen Ling was saying, but he didn't seem to understand. He raised his hand and patted Shen Ling's shoulder hard.

Shen Ling fell silent, not because he didn't know how to praise Xiao San's good intentions, but Xiao San was a smart person, he could clearly see the attitude of others towards him, he couldn't pretend to be a good friend for life, and he couldn't grasp it. Well, the level of joking, scolding, and chatting with the emperor is too much. If you pass it, you will be arrogant and disrespectful. It is not an exaggeration to anger the emperor. The name is pretending, and it will still make the emperor angry.

Instead of trying to figure out the emperor's thoughts every day and being a 'friend' with just the right behavior, he might as well simply refuse while Xiao San still has some affection for him at the moment.

"General Wei, this way." The shop assistant guided Wei An and brought him to the backyard.

"Xiao An." Xiao San stood up with a smile, "Are you done with your work?"

"Well." Wei An nodded, "I heard that the young master was looking for me, so I quickly chased it out to see if I could meet it."

Shen Ling He stood up and greeted Wei An. The two of them had almost finished drinking. There was nothing to say. Xiao San ended the somewhat inexplicable chat. Wei An had to escort Xiao San. back to the palace.

Walking out of the store, Xiao San suddenly looked back at Shen Ling and said, "Shen Ling! My name is not Xiao San, my name is Xiao Shaoyang, remember?"

Shen Ling was a little confused, what do you mean?

Xiao San saw that Shen Ling was a little puzzled, but he didn't explain it to him, but smiled, "I know you will be staying in the capital for a short time. If there is a chance, we will see you again. Remember to invite me to drink again."

"Definitely." Shen Ling nodded.

"Okay, I remember." Xiao San nodded, turned and left with a smile, heading in the direction of the palace, Wei An was half a step behind Xiao San, but followed steadily.

"Boss, that's..." Xiao is a big surname and a national surname, and no one dares to declare the name of the prince and his grandson directly, and ordinary people don't know it. The surname Xiao, the man is not stupid.

"That's right! It's what you think." Shen Ling said casually, turning back to the store.