Chapter 34

Outside the examination room, Mu Wu had been waiting at the entrance of the examination room for a long time. As soon as Shen Ling walked out of the door, he saw the servants of the Mu Mansion greet him, "Mr. Shen, Butler Mu is waiting for you here." Shen Ling nodded and moved towards Mu Go in the direction of five.

Mu Wu held a wooden food box in his hand, and when he saw Shen Ling coming out, he raised his head and smiled, "I wish you a gold medal title."

Han Shi got out of the carriage, jumped off the carriage and ran over, taking Shen Ling's back basket, Looking at Shen Ling with glittering eyes, "Are you tired? Do you want to eat something first?"

Shen Ling shook his head with a smile, Tong Sheng's exam was only one day, he was not very tired, and looked up at Mu Wu again, "Trouble "You are."

"Young Master Shen is polite, I didn't say it before, you are a distinguished guest of Mu Mansion, and I should use more snacks."

Shen Ling nodded, didn't say anything, and didn't mention the matter of going home, he had already fainted. I feel that before Mu Hongyuan is alive and kicking, he probably won't be able to go back. Sure enough, after returning, he should add more spiritual spring to Mu Hongyuan! Shen Ling stayed at Mu's house for another half a month, until the exam results came down, and before the government released the list, Mu Futai had already obtained the list and asked the servants to send it over.

Third Young Master Mu was with Han Shi in Shen Ling's house, and when he saw the list of the list sent by the servant, he reached out and took it. "There is Shen Ling!" Mu Hongjin raised his head and faced Han Shi with the list.

Han Shi sat next to Mu Hongjin with a look of surprise, "Really!"

"Why should I lie to you?" Mu Hongjin pouted.

After Shen Ling finished the exam, he went to the master of the Mu residence to write down his answer again, and asked the master to judge. The master said that it was very likely that he would pass, but the ranking would not be higher. Shen Ling knew that he might pass. , Wen Yan was not surprised, and took it for granted, but there was still a relaxed smile on his face.

Mu Hongjin raised his head and asked, "Second brother Shen, will you take the Xiucai exam next time?" He had a good relationship with Han Shi recently, so he simply changed his name.

"Let's take the test!" Shen Ling nodded, guessing that the next test would be suspended. After all, with his level, the test of talent is a bit low. "By the way, is the above all the list or only Tongsheng?"

"Let me take a look! It seems to be all, and the ranking of Xiucai. It's the original version that Dad got. I guess I will return it later!"

"Here Let me take a look." Shen Ling said quickly.

Mu Hongjin handed over the list to Shen Ling. Shen Ling quickly glanced around in the ranking of the talents. He didn't seem to see the word Shen. Failed? Shen Ling felt a little weird in his heart, but he also felt that it was the case. He couldn't help feeling a little sympathetic to Shen San. He wondered if Shen San would be able to resist this blow after seeing the announcement. Don't let him go, don't gossip.

Mu Hongyuan has been able to get out of bed and take a few steps recently, but he still needs to take good care of his injuries. The doctor of Mu's house also participated in the diagnosis and treatment of Mu Hongyuan, but no one told Shen Ling. The doctor of Mu's house said that Mu Hongyuan There is no danger in returning to the current level, and the rest can be taken care of. The Mu family's attitude towards Shen Ling is even more kind. Mu Hongyuan was even more happy and insisted on bowing to Shen Ling, this kind of genius doctor should be tied firmly!

Shen Ling refused a few times, since he was a brother who shied away from the Tao. Seeing that Shen Ling was so determined, Mu Hongyuan could only give up!

In fact, Shen Ling didn't want to worship Mu Hongyuan. This is an era of continuous sitting. It should be good to have a good relationship with these big families, but if you are tied to a chariot, you will have no initiative. Maybe you will be implicated at some time. , not to mention that he has no idea what situation Mufutai is in in the officialdom, whether it is rising or falling, whether to stand in the team, or to remain neutral, so it is best to maintain a certain safety distance.

Now that Mu Hongyuan is safe, Shen Ling doesn't need to be monitored by the Mu family anytime and anywhere. He can go to the street by himself from time to time, and Mu Wu will not follow him all the time.

"Second brother?" As soon as Shen Ling came out of the restaurant, he heard someone calling him not far away. He saw a restaurant a few days ago that he wanted to sell, so he came over to inquire about the news. Today, he came to have a look. He didn't expect to see the third child of the Shen family just after going out.

"Third brother." Shen Ling walked over and smiled.

"Zhuo Luo, is this your brother?" A scholar beside Shen San said in surprise, Shen Ling was dressed in luxurious brocade silk clothes and looked like a rich boy, Shen San was just a scholar who came out of farming, so he was called this The rich boy's name is brother?

Shen San smiled subtly, "This is my brother from the same mother." The

scholar's expression changed a little in an instant, and looked at Shen Ling with a strange look, "Brother Shen is growing up well." Why does Shen Zhuoluo's brother look like this Rich, since Shen Zhuoluo's brother is so rich, why does Shen Zhuoluan wear the most ordinary clothes all day long, use the most ordinary pen, ink, paper and inkstone, and look like a poor child, this brother can't subsidize him A little?

"Hello." Shen Ling nodded and smiled. "Didn't the third brother come home? Parents should be anxious."

"I'm waiting for the list to be released. I want to know the result and then go back. Did the second brother live in Mu Mansion recently? I don't know Mu Mansion Terrace..."

"Third brother Shen Yan, I just have some personal friendship with Second Young Master Mu, so I temporarily stayed at his house and have nothing to do with Lord Futai." Shen Ling said righteously.

"Yes, I don't mean anything, I just want to ask the second brother, do you know who is on the list this time..."

"The third brother is joking, how could I have seen such a list? I am just a countryman, and I am so nervous that I can't speak when I see Lord Futai, but I was lucky enough to help Second Young Master Mu once to be able to temporarily stay in Mu. Mansion, it was just because Second Young Master Mu was recuperating in the mansion, and it was a little boring, and I happened to come here for the exam, so Mu Mansion asked me to talk to Second Young Master Mu to relieve the boredom, you think highly of me." Shen Ling smiled and said, a little surprised in his heart, is Shen San stupid? Are you still acting stupid? ! Doesn't he remember how he threatened him in the first place? As if he was going to pay the price for success, he even counted on him for help.

Shen San nodded and said nothing.

Shen Ling added, "If the third brother goes home, if you have time, you might as well help me take a look at the chickens and ducks I raise in my house. They haven't gone back for so long. I don't know if the person I invited has taken good care of them. It's been more than a month, and those chickens and ducks are almost the same when I think about it!"

Shen San's face flashed a trace of embarrassment, and felt that the eyes of his companions seemed to be full of surprise and ridicule, laughing at him that he was just a countryman A student from a family who raised chickens and ducks, "Second brother, if he is okay, go home early! The exam has been passed, is the second brother also waiting for the ranking?"

Shen Er shook his head secretly in his heart, Shen San was still so patient Unable to be tempered, from the malicious threat at the beginning to the mockery at the moment, it basically showed Shen San's rather naive side, and said, "I plan to do some business here, so I have to take a look again, three If my brother is busy, forget it, I think it shouldn't be a big problem, after all, I also asked someone to take care of it."

Shen San's face became even more unsightly when he heard Shen Ling talking about business affairs, "Since the second brother wants to take the imperial examination all the way, he does business in business. It's better to reconsider the matter, so as not to affect the future."

"Third brother, I'm not good at learning, and there is no hope for the imperial examination. It's better to do business well and earn some money." Shen Ling smiled, "The hour is almost here, It is estimated that in half an hour before the list will be full of people watching the list, won't the third brother go to grab the position? Otherwise, when the list is released, it will be overcrowded, but you won't be able to squeeze in."

When the scholar next to Shen San heard this, he didn't want to waste time here, so he pulled Shen San and said, "Let's go! The list is the most important thing, when are your brothers not good at chatting! Brother, let's say goodbye first. "

Go slowly." Shen Ling nodded.

Shen San was dragged by his companions towards the place where the list was posted. From time to time, Shen San looked back at Shen Ling, but Shen Ling was already heading for the next restaurant. He wanted to taste all the restaurants in the city first. Only by knowing himself and the enemy can he know whether this business can be done and how to do it.

Seeing Shen Ling going in the opposite direction of the ranking list, Shen San obviously didn't intend to go to the bottom of the list to grab a place, waiting to see the ranking list for the first time. gave up? He doesn't even want to look at the list, or does he actually already know if he is on the list?

Shen Sanyi was a little resentful for a while. If Shen Ling had already seen the list, but didn't tell him, let him crowd around with so many people to see the list, it would be a bit of brotherly love. Regardless, Shen Sanyi forgot the threatening words he once said, and even the provocation just now. In his subconscious, even if there was something wrong with him, the whole family and even the whole village, including everyone around him, did not. You should care about him, because he is everyone's hope, the existence held by everyone. As the so-called one person attains the Tao and ascends to heaven, he is the only person who may attain the Tao and bring everyone to the heaven.

What is Shen Ling? If he wants to change his position, he should listen to him and help him. Even if he says some harsh words, he should not care about it.

With resentment, Shen San followed his companions and squeezed into the crowd watching the list. There were scholars, some people watching the fun, and some servants from big families. They were crowded and noisy. Shen San frowned and was squeezed into the crowd. More and more resentment in my heart.

"Zhuo Luo, do you think someone will catch a son-in-law on the list?" Shen San's companion smiled happily, with bright eyes, looking around, as if he was looking for a big family who was going to catch his son-in-law.

Shen San's expression changed slightly, but he still said with disapproval: "You and I are going to go to Beijing to take the exam in the future. When the title of the gold list is called, some real aristocratic families will come to arrest the son-in-law. Where can there be here?" The

other side shrugged . He shrugged, "Actually, I hope someone will catch my husband. Although my family is a small landlord and has so many servants, how can it be compared to a real big family? I don't dare to think of a hundred-year-old official family, who can marry an ordinary big family. It would be fine if the young lady came out, even if it was a concubine! I can be regarded as a glorious ancestor, and I still don't know if I will be able to pass the exam! Thinking about it, I think it's better to get married now! "

Shen San didn't speak, his eyes turned to the empty wall, waiting for the list to be released, he didn't want to get married here, he wanted to pass the exam, he wanted to be a young jinshi, he wanted to marry the daughter of a real senior official, he wanted to... ...

"The list is released." The crowd instantly rioted.

On the high platform, several yamen walked up to the high platform with the list in black and red paper, starting with Tongsheng and pasting it at the lower position. The crowd moved to avoid the yamen and saw the words on the red paper.

Shen Ling, Shen San's eyes were fixed on one of the names, and the age of origin and age were all listed. Has he passed the exam? Shen San had mixed feelings in his heart, resisting himself so that he didn't think about it, turned his head to look at the list of talents that was being posted, and then looked for them one by one.

After going over again, Shen San didn't find his name, and his heart began to panic, and his companions were cheering, "I found it, one hundred and fifty, oh my, my grades weren't very good, but I passed the exam anyway, hahaha. !"

Shen San swayed, continued to look from the beginning, and searched again, there was a buzzing sound in his ears, some were crying, some were laughing, some were sighing, some were indifferent and just watching the fun.

"Zhuo Lu, you, have you seen yourself?" Shen San's companion did not leave, but helped Shen San find his name. After a while, he couldn't help but ask.

Shen San shook his head silently, resisting to stand still, his head dizzy for a while, he felt cold sweat behind him, he wanted to find another side, maybe he missed it again? !

"Zhuo Luo!" An exclamation suddenly came from his ear, Shen San felt himself swaying, and his eyes suddenly became dark.

In Mu Mansion, Shen Ling heard a message from the servants of Mu Mansion as soon as he returned.

"My third brother is dizzy?" Shen Ling asked in surprise.

"Yes, Mr. Shen, a man dressed as a scholar came to say it. He said that Mr. Shen fainted in front of the list. He carried the person back to the Xiangyun Inn, and also invited a doctor to be treated. He knows that you live in Mu The mansion, so I'm here to tell you and let you go take a look."

Shen Ling thought of the list of talents that Shen San was not on the list at all, and sighed, "I know, I'll go take a look."

Shen Ling hasn't entered the mansion yet . When he had time to take a sip of tea, he took his wooden box to Xiangyun Inn. The wooden box contained all the utensils that he would use when he practiced medicine, and it was also made by himself for so long.

"Yes, the villain is going to set up the carriage." The servant cupped his hands.

"No, just lend me a horse."

"Yes."

Shen Ling rode on the horse and went to the street. As long as he didn't run wildly on the street, he wouldn't hit anyone, and no matter how slow the horse was will be faster than a carriage.

Inside the Xiangyun Inn, Shen Ling asked the servant Shen San's room number and went upstairs.

"Brother Shen is here!" Shen San's companion smiled and greeted him, "Look at Zhuo Luo! He suddenly fainted in front of the list."

"Thank you for this little brother." Shen Ling felt the The people looked about the same age as Shen San, both of them in their teens, so they were called little brothers.

The doctor in the house had already put away the medicine box and was about to leave. Shen Ling walked over and asked, "Dare to ask the doctor, how is my brother?"

"I'm in a hurry, I've already prescribed the medicine, and I'll be fine after a few days of rest. , there are many people like this today, the old man has other places to rush to, so don't bother."

"You are busy, I don't know the medical fee..." Shen Ling asked quickly.

"I have already paid." The little scholar said.

"That's good, I'll return the money to you later, this doctor, I'll send you out." Shen Ling cupped her hands.

After sending the doctor out of the inn, Shen Ling took out two taels of silver and stuffed it into the hands of the little scholar in front of him, "Thank you for this little brother, I don't know your name?

" This is too much." The other party hurriedly stuffed the silver back, "I can't use that much. My name is Zhao Wenjin, and I'm Shen Zhuoluo's classmate."

"Brother Zhao, thank you for taking care of my third brother, this is what it should be." Shen Ling forcibly stuffed it. In the past, Zhao Wenjin refused to accept the money. Instead, he said: "If you have to give me so much money, I won't ask for a penny."

Seeing that the other party was so determined, Shen Ling finally just paid the full amount of the consultation fee. He said, "Brother Zhao, please carry him back, I'm quite tired today, go back to rest first! I'll just take care of him."

"Then, I'll go first." Zhao Wenjin is also welcome, Zhuo Luan Saying that this is his biological brother, it should be no problem to give it to him. It was not his turn to say anything from an outsider, so he agreed and turned around and went back to his room.

After seeing Zhao Wenjin leaving, Shen Ling walked over to the bed to give Shen San a pulse. The doctor just said was right, Shen San was really angry, just take a rest.

An hour had passed when Shen San woke up. Seeing Shen Ling sitting beside his bed playing with the wooden box in his arms, he was startled and sat up quickly, "Why are you here? Come and see my joke! "

Shen Ling raised his head, "You're awake! That's good, wait for the guy to come up to deliver medicine to you, remember to drink it, and keep your heart calm and take good care of it. Although it's not a big problem to be anxious, you still have to take good care of it." Keep it up."

A trace of anger flashed across Shen San's face, "You already knew I didn't pass the test, didn't you! You just came to see my joke on purpose!" Failing to pass the test was a great blow to Shen San, plus There were no other outsiders in the room, and Shen San almost collapsed.

"First of all, I didn't come by myself, it was your friend who called me over. He knew that I was your brother, and you fainted again. He knew that I lived in Mu's house before he came to me to take care of you, otherwise people would Why do you take care of you, who are you?"

Shen San was blocked by Shen Ling, his face flushed red, he was sullen for a moment, he didn't know what to think, and suddenly his eyes widened, "It's you who made me wrong, right? ?! You asked the Mu family to change my grades, right!! You already knew that you were on the list, so you didn't care about looking at the list at all! The Mu family has a high status, so of course they can change mine Name, add your name, you deliberately hurt me!"

Shen Ling's eyes widened, "You really found a good reason for yourself! You can't pass the Xiucai exam, that's all you have to do. Is it difficult to face? You have to throw dirty water on me often!"

"It's you, right! You hate me so much? I know, it's been like this from the very beginning. My parents let me go to a private school, but let you You have long been dissatisfied with your work. You feel that all the money you earn has been spent on me. Later, when you fell ill and were distributed by your parents who almost went out of the house, you hated me even more. The matter of the Second Spring Festival couplet, now that you have finally caught up with the Mu family, how could you not harm me!"

Shen Ling's eyes became colder, "Shen San, are you crazy?"

"Shen Er, you are so cruel!" Shen San gritted his teeth, obviously already convinced of his guess.

Shen Ling didn't look at the list, and even looked confident. He, a person who had never been to a school before, had his confidence. He must have known that he was on the list. Who helped him? Only the Mu family.

As for himself, everyone knows that he is a good candidate for the exam, and his grades are much better than Zhao Wenjin. Zhao Wenjin can pass the exam and hang in the middle of the list. It makes no sense that he can't even get a tail. How is that possible? ! Even if he played a little abnormally, even if he was a little dizzy at the time, he shouldn't be like this, someone must be hurting him!

Only Shen Ling! Only he can harm himself.

Shen Ling took a deep breath, this feeling of being bitten by a wild dog, but he really couldn't bear this name, the village elders, and the villagers, big and small, as long as they believed Shen San's words, Then he is a big sin, maybe he will be excommunicated.

"Shen San, since you think I begged the Mu family to change your grades, then go and sound the drum of injustice! What's the point of saying this here, do you dare to say it in front of the Mu family? I tell you, if The Mu family knows you are saying these things in private, I promise not to do anything, the Mu family will kill you first, do you believe it?"

Shen Ling's eyes were icy and dim, as if he was looking at a dead person, Shen San thought of the Mu family , in an instant, my body was cold, and my head was a lot clearer, "You threaten me with the Mu family?"

"I said that I don't have the ability to do things, and I haven't touched your grades, do you believe it?"

Shen San gritted his teeth, He closed his lips tightly and said nothing.

"Look, since the reasoning doesn't make sense, then I'll threaten you, Shen San, remember, let me hear another sentence like this, I don't mind telling the Mu family that you framed them for tampering with the exam results, this is imperial examination fraud, It's a big case, maybe it will affect the whole family, you have to think about it." Shen Ling said in a low voice. "When the time comes, either you will die or the Mu family will die. Guess, who is to blame then?"

Shen San was trembling with anger, "You are so cruel!"

"It was you who wanted to hurt me first!" After believing Shen San's nonsense and reason to shirk responsibility, then he is truly beyond redemption. He doesn't have to think about what happens to those who have been excommunicated.