Chapter 144

When Shen Ling returned home from Mu Mansion, he told Mu Hongjin that he wanted Han Shi to recognize him as his righteous brother. He also said that it was his grandmother's wish, so he agreed to it, but Mu Hongjin had some issues. Helpless, "Mu Wucai won't treat me like that."

Shen Ling just chuckled, noncommittal, "Just let the old man feel at ease."

Mu Hongjin understands this and is happy to be Han Shi's younger brother, listen to Shen Ling said this and nodded naturally.

"If you recognize your righteous brother, you should also arrange your marriage. According to the old lady's opinion, it's better to do it earlier, so as not to..." Shen Ling paused and did not dare to say any more. After all, Mu Futai was Mu Hongjin's father. , Mu Hongcheng is also his elder brother. If something really happened to the two of them, even if Mu Hongjin is no longer in the Mu family in name, he still needs to be filial and cannot get married, and the old lady is old and afraid. She couldn't see her grandson to start a family and start a family, and she was afraid that Mu Wu would change his mind from time to time. No matter what aspect he considered, the old lady hoped that Mu Hongjin would get married as soon as possible.

Furthermore, Mu Hongjin married someone, and even if someone finds out his identity in the future, there is no way to hold him accountable. After all, the married couple is no longer the Mu family, and Mu Hongjin himself did not commit any crimes and was implicated. may be smaller.

Hearing Shen Ling's unfinished words, Mu Hongjin fell silent for a while. He lives in Shen's house at the moment, and he can't help the family. Even if he is anxious, he can't trouble Shen Ling. He knows that Shen Ling can help. It must have helped, but silence.

At this moment in the capital, there are secret guards in the Prince's Mansion, barely able to communicate with the outside world. In the study, the Prince suddenly slapped the table, "What?! The third child actually wanted to dig out Mu Hongcheng's mouth and hunt him down. What happened?"

"Prince, we still need to make plans earlier. Now that we are weak, the emperor will definitely maintain the position of the prince in the east palace for balance, but if the matter of chasing and killing the third prince is made public, even the emperor will be difficult to block the world. Your mouth." The

prince turned around twice, "No, I can't let the third one succeed! If he succeeds, this palace will be finished!"

"Prince...do you want it?" The dark guard made a silence.

The prince thought for a while. Although it is extremely dangerous to do something in Tian Prison, if he is succeeded by the third child, he will really be doomed. Moreover, even if he is caught in Tian Prison, with the old man's temperament to protect the reputation behind him, it is inevitable. I will also try my best to cover up this matter and cover it up for him. It is too late to continue to think deeply. He is now inconvenient to communicate with the outside world, so he must make an early decision to eliminate all future troubles.

"You, find a way to sneak into the prison and kill Mu Hongcheng." The prince whispered.

"Yes!" The dark guard handed the order.

In the prison, Mu Hongcheng was sitting on the straw with a calm expression. The head of the cell outside took the buns and gruel to distribute meals for the prisoners. When he arrived at Mu Hongcheng, Yu Guang glanced at Mu Hongcheng, and then he took the rice bowl. Putting it into the cell, "Eat it."

Mu Hongcheng looked at this meal, which was the same as usual. Although he had no appetite, he still had to eat it, otherwise the hungry stomach would be unpleasant. Mu Hongcheng stood up and served it. The rice bowl was eaten slowly, and his posture was extremely elegant. Even if he was reduced to this point, he was still a handsome aristocratic son.

The night was getting darker, and people were not walking around, crying and chatting as usual in the cell, but today it seemed quiet, the whole cell was silent, all the prisoners slept very deeply, as if they could not be shaken by lightning, and Mu Hongcheng was the same, ever since. It was the best day he slept when he entered the prison.

In the darkness of the night, a man in black entered the sky prison silently, and the slight sound of unlocking did not wake anyone up until someone held down Mu Hongcheng, covered his mouth, and slashed Mu Hongcheng with a broken porcelain bowl. Hongcheng's wrist, Mu Hongcheng woke up with a sudden pain, his brain was still dizzy, he stared at the man in black in the night, his mouth was whimpering, but the whole cell was silent, there was no one at all. People heard his cry for help.

"Mr. Mu, rest in peace! The crown prince will remember your credit when he ascends the throne in the future." The man in black chuckled and whispered.

Mu Hongcheng stared in horror. This person's voice was familiar to him. He was a guard who also served by the prince's side. Because of some things, they were somewhat contradictory to each other. After all, they were working under the same person, and some It's inevitable that he bumps into each other, he is going to be silenced by the prince? !

Mu Hongcheng remembered the various credits he made for the prince. He offered a plan to destroy the Wei family army for the prince, assassinated the third prince for the prince, and many other things. Is it going to end like this? ! Yes, he has done too much and knows too much. Now that he has been convicted, he is already a waste. Of course, the prince will not spare his life. Only the dead can keep secrets and bring everything into dust and annihilation.

"Uuuuu..." Mu Hongcheng struggled even more, his desire to survive trumped everything else, he didn't want to die, he had not yet achieved what he wanted, he was very intelligent since childhood, and had great ambitions, he still did not have the status A minister, one person is below ten thousand people, and he has not yet made an indelible feat and left a name in the history, he is not reconciled! He can't die!

"Mr. Mu, stop struggling. Since I can come in, I have made perfect preparations. No one will come to save you. You are the one who suffers so much that you struggle. Look at your wrist." The man in black wrinkled. He frowned, he wanted to forge Mu Hongcheng to commit suicide in fear of crime, but it was not like murder. Mu Hongcheng struggled, which was not good for his forgery scene.

Although Mu Hongcheng is a weak scholar, but at the juncture of life and death, he managed to fight with more strength than before, and he broke free from the opponent's restraint. He also knew that calling for help was useless, but it would make this person anxious. Mu Hongcheng stared in horror. Man, with one hand covering your wrist that bleeds more than you, he said tremblingly, "You can't kill me! I hid the evidence of the prince. If I die in prison, the evidence outside will immediately fly all over the sky! The prince will be finished!"

"Oh! Is that right?" The man in black stood up and said in a low voice, "So...just right."

The man in black smiled lightly, and attacked violently, smashing his palm on Mu Hongcheng's neck, knocking him unconscious. , Before Mu Hongcheng fainted, he heard the last sentence of the man in black, what does it mean to be so right? ! This man is the third prince...

Unfortunately, his life has come to an end, and there is no time for him to think about it.

Mu Hongcheng committed suicide in prison in fear of crime. The news spread to the court. The third prince was very angry and threatened to interrogate Mu Hongcheng. Maybe there is still something that has not been brought to trial. Now that Mu Hongcheng is dead in prison, he must be held by his party. In order to cover up some facts, it must be strictly investigated.

The emperor is now paralyzed in bed, and his condition is getting worse, but he still refuses to let go of his power.

On the dragon bed, the debilitated old man had sparse hair and drooping eyelids. He lay motionless on the bed. Seeing that Xiao San was unrelenting, he ordered the loyal palace servant inarticulately. The palace servant listened and immediately conveyed the emperor's intentions. "This matter is left to the Ministry of Punishment for inquiries, and the third prince need not worry." The

Ministry of Punishment is the crown prince's territory! The third prince almost laughed angrily and snorted coldly. "The Ministry of Punishment is busy with business now. I'm afraid that it will be too busy. The thieves can sneak into the sky prison to kill people. It shows that they are so powerful that they even dare to despise the imperial power. I'm afraid that the Ministry of Punishment will not be able to make progress. Why don't they go to Dali Temple together?

" Above, the aging emperor narrowed his eyes slightly when he heard Xiao San's words. The first thing he thought of was not the struggle between the prince and Xiao San, but Xiao San's words so powerful that even the imperial power dared to despise them.

The emperor is not stupid. The third child has been trying to dig out the evidence of the prince chasing and killing his brother from Mu Hongcheng. He still knows and understands that if he is, he will definitely do the same, so the third child will not do it, nor does he Ordered to do it, then, who killed Mu Hongcheng?

Fear of committing suicide? Even the new jinshi who have just entered the court will not believe it.

The prince... The emperor didn't say a word. He thought that after a round of bloodbaths and shutting down the queen and prince, the prince's vitality had been greatly damaged and he was powerless to resist. He never thought that the prince would have such power in secret, and he could be under the eyes of the third child. When you are weak, you can send someone to sneak into the prison and kill people. It's really unexpected!

But even so, the emperor intends to continue to cover up this matter, because if the brother's reading of the wall is exposed, it will be a very serious stain on his reputation behind him. The emperor muttered another sentence, and the palace staff immediately translated it to everyone, meaning to reject Xiao San's suggestion. Xiao San raised it several times in dissatisfaction, but they were all rejected. In the end, the emperor asked everyone to retreat on the grounds that he was tired. Next, Xiao Sancai left with an unwilling look.

After leaving the palace, the anger and anxiety on Xiao San's face disappeared without a trace. Who said he must be the most willing to keep Mu Hongcheng's life? But in the eyes of others, including the old man, they all think that he wants Mu Hongcheng to live, right? Xiao San slightly twitched the corners of his lips.

Mu Hongcheng's death did have many disadvantages for him, but as long as he planned carefully, he could still use this person's death to make the old man suspect the prince and turn in his favor.

As for why the prince could still have such a force infiltrating the Heavenly Prison after a round of bloodbath, it must be because he was willing to help and let the killer in! Xiao San smiled silently and looked up at the sky. If Xiao An knew that he really avenged him, he would be very happy. However, Xiao An, who is so reserved, will definitely keep it in his heart and will not declare his happiness in his mouth, but it doesn't matter, he knows that Xiao An is happy.

Huaizhou, Mu Hongjin's marriage has already been put on the agenda, because Mrs. Mu is in a hurry, although Mu Wu is busier these days, the smile on his face can't be hidden, so he will wait to marry Mu in a few days. Hong Jin entered the door, and Mu Hongyuan also got the news in the cell. Except for Mrs. Mu's dissatisfaction in the cell, no one objected, and Mu Hongyuan was also happy to see it happen.

Shen Ling had to put the merchants in Huaizhou aside first and concentrate on Mu Hongjin's marriage. In the prison, Shen Ling sat cross-legged on the ground, with a low table in front of him, Mu Hongyuan was lying on the prison railing and instructing , "Yes, yes, the red sandalwood screen should also be written. I remember that you have it in your house. You can help me cushion it first, and I will return it to you in the future."

Shen Ling had already written several pages, and Wen Yan made another note, um, my hand was sore, but seeing that Mu Hongyuan didn't want to stop, Shen Ling had to rub his wrist and continue to write, brother control or something, really Terrible, sitting in jail is uneasy.

A few days later, the news of Mu Hongcheng's suicide came to Huaizhou, and Mu Hongjin's marriage was forced to suspend. The daughter-in-law who will soon be married will be delayed for another year. Who knows how many variables will be born this year? !