Chapter 42

Shen Ling turned to look at Mu Wu, this is too much! The storytellers haven't even started yet, so if they speak well, they will be rewarded. Could it be that what Mu Wu was most afraid of was actually the third son of Mu? Not like ah!

The storyteller paused for a while, probably because he had never seen it before and gave the reward, but after only a second of pause, he cupped his hands to Mu Wu and continued: "Twenty years ago, Jin State, once A serious war broke out, which made the people's livelihood and life devastated, including ours! I don't know how many people have been displaced, fleeing the famine, taking their children and daughters, and going to other places. At this time, a scholar Chu Ci appeared in Jinzhou. People who don't have a bit of fame and fame, but have a quick mind, everyone is amazed! They say, 'You are so talented, why didn't you take the exam?' Guess what Chu Ci said. I want to be an official, but I can only be a civil official. I am dedicated to saving the country, and the country is caught in the chaos of war. How can I go to Beijing to become a civil official? What I have to do is to join the army and serve the country.'

Others saw him like this . Said, I think this person is still very good to serve the country. Although he is only a weak scholar, he is a little over his own strength, but his heart is commendable, and he is still very worthy of praise. At this time, the army of the imperial court passed by Jinzhou, the general of Jin State. Wei Yi heard that there was such a scholar in Jinzhou, and thought it was very interesting. It happened that what he lacked most in the army was a scribe who could write, so he was called from the street. Chu Ci used to rely on the street. You write letters and settle accounts for others! When General Wei Yi saw him, he said: 'I heard that you want to join the army? I think you are as weak as a pair of children. When you arrive on the battlefield, you may not be enough to slash the enemy with a knife. Yes .'

Naturally, Chu Ci didn't have stage fright, and asked instead: 'Has our Jin state declined to the point where we have to let weak scholars go up to fight with swords? If so, if the country is no longer there, why would I even die on the battlefield? '

General Wei Yi asked! 'Since you don't want to go to the battlefield, why do you want to join the army? Or do you want to join the army at all and just talk about it?'

Chu Ci said; 'To join the army is to join, but I want to be a counselor, not a scribe, let alone a soldier.'

General Wei was mad at him. He had never seen such an arrogant scholar who dared to say that he wanted to be a counselor, but General Wei had forgotten that he had never let anyone tell Chu Ci, and he asked him to come here to let him go. He became a scribe, and Chu Ci guessed the matter of being a scribe himself. General Wei only thought that this man was really arrogant and arrogant, and it would be a scourge if he was placed in the military camp, so he simply let him go back and ignore it. Chu Ci, Chu Ci did not force it, but said: 'The enemy's attack on Zhennan, Binzhou, Huaizhou and other places may not target the capital but Jinzhou. Binzhou is close to Jinzhou and has many mountains and forests. The place of retreat, please also let the general know. 'How can General Wei ignore him, wave his hand and let Chu Ci leave.

Chu Ci said again: 'I also ask the general to leave more troops to defend Jinzhou. 'General Wei still ignored him. To be honest, General Wei didn't take Chu Ci to heart at first, but he just happened to be free, so he just met this scholar who claimed to be joining the army. If he could be brought in as a clerk, he could be a clerk. Even though, Chu Ci knew this very well, so he didn't express much joy at first, he was about to join the army in a hurry, not to mention that he had more important things to do. The

young storyteller patted the table with his fan, and Mu Hongjin listened with relish. Seeing that Mu Hongjin had been nibbling melon seeds, Mu Wu simply took the melon seeds in front of him and sat there and nibbled a bunch of them, and then pushed it to Mu Hong. Jin.

Shen Ling glanced at this scene inadvertently, and his heart became more and more strange, but he really didn't dare to think about Mu Wu's love for Mu San Gongzi. After all, he also saw how stupid and loyal people in this era are. A foolish and filial person, Mu Wu, a master who is loyal to the Mu Mansion, should have never had such thoughts. It is estimated that such thoughts are forbidden to Mu Wu. Maybe, Just taking care of Mu San Gongzi as a younger brother?

Shen Ling looked back and looked at Han Shi, Han Shi was obediently sitting in the seat and listening to the story, with his hands on his lap, motionless, Shen Ling peeled it off. The sliced ​​orange was stuffed into Han Shi's mouth, and Han Shi opened his mouth and bit it, without even turning his eyes towards him.

The storyteller has continued: "After General Wei left, Chu Ci continued to return to the street to write his own letters and live his own life, but everyone else said, 'I didn't even go to recruit General Wei, this person is probably just talking about it. It's definitely not someone who really wants to join the army. He must be a cowardly person who is afraid of death.' This kind of remarks spread more and more. Ci has a different heart and is a villain, but Chu Ci never explained it until half a month later, when the enemy suddenly attacked.

Jinzhou is the most prosperous and fertile place in the entire Jin state, and it must be the place where the enemy army wants to raid, but, The imperial court, however, put the main force on the enemy troops who continued to influx in the defense of the capital and cut off the border, leaving the enemy iron cavalry to raid the city around the country of Jin, killing people and setting fires. The troops who are under the defense will defend the city. Generally speaking, a large city like Jinzhou has a large number of troops guarding. If it is not the main force of the enemy to attack the city, there will be basically no problem, but who would have thought that the main force of the enemy will be Instead of attacking the capital, I came to Jinzhou, which happened to be mentioned by Chu Ci.

The defender of Jinzhou at that time was named Mo Ji, a young man who was not very old. When Chu Ci was answering General Wei, he guarded On the side, when he learned that Jinzhou was really surrounded by the main force of the enemy army, General Mo immediately sent someone to the street to take Chu Ci over, and threatened: 'If he doesn't come, he will be given to him. Come over.' To tell the truth, General Mo was also young and energetic at the time, and because the enemy was too anxious to attack the city, he did such a thing." The storyteller laughed.

"In contrast to Chu Ci, this time it was very positive. I didn't need the soldiers to stand up and rushed over. When I came in, I bowed to Mo Ji and said: 'I also ask the general to try his best to keep the north gate and send the people out of Jinzhou to Binzhou. .'

Chu Ci thought that he would have to go through some words again, maybe he could not convince the general, but he didn't want General Mo to nod, so he said, 'Do not use people if you are suspicious, since Mr. When the main force of the enemy strikes, I will trust Mr. 'Completely disregarding the early fall of Binzhou, the people of Binzhou fled everywhere, insisting on believing in the words of Chu, and opened the Jinzhou city gate, which had not yet been broken, and sent the people into the mountains and forests of Binzhou.

Chu Ci was surprised, and asked in surprise: 'Why does the general trust me so much? '

Guess what General Mo said, General Mo scratched his head and said; 'I only know how to fight, not strategy. Since someone is planning for me, I don't believe you, do you believe in myself?' 'It was something that Chu Ci didn't think of at all, but Chu Ci was greatly relieved. After all, being trusted was better than if he tried his best to listen to him.

Chu Ci also said: 'Send away the old and weak women and children among the common people, leaving most of the young and strong laborers as a reserve army. 'Chu Ci knew that this time it was bound to be a hard fight, and the guards in Jinzhou were simply not enough, so they could only be drawn from the common people.

General Mo agreed again, and acted in full accordance with Chu Ci's instructions. The two discussed strategies until midnight. The whole thing was what Chu Ci said. Mo Ji listened and didn't refute it at all. Until late at night, when General Mo saw that Chu Ci, a weak scholar, couldn't take it anymore, he dragged him. To fall asleep together, Chu Ci was startled, and suddenly panicked. He was originally a twin, how could he just sleep with a man? ! Mu Wu spit out a mouthful of

tea, and the storyteller stopped immediately and looked at Mu Wu quietly, his expression was a little uneasy.

Whoever wrote the book actually wrote Chu Junshi as a pair of children! Chu Ci is clearly a man! "

Shen Ling didn't know the history of this military advisor of the Jin State, and he rarely read this kind of history books, and he didn't even know Chu Ci. Hearing the words, he looked at Mu Wudao: "Why, is there really such a person?" Mu Wu looked at Shen Ling in surprise, "

Where did you come from?" Even Chu Ci does not know, he is the god of war! "

Shen Ling said as a matter of course: "Is there any problem? I had a serious illness and forgot a lot of things. "What an all-purpose excuse.

Han Shi nodded quickly, "Yes, Shen Ling has forgotten a lot of things!" Mu Wu really didn't think that Shen Ling had forgotten a lot of things. With this medical skill, reading and literacy are no problem, why does it seem like amnesia Pass! But he didn't want to go deep into these things that had nothing to do with him, so he said: "Chu Ci is the military god of Jin, his wit and strategy are unparalleled in the world, and the fighters on the battlefield are ever-changing, he can always seize the opportunity and defeat. The enemy army, at that time people said that he had the best wisdom in the world, how could he not be a man, if not a man, would the entire army be blind?"

Mu Hongjin felt very dissatisfied after hearing this, so Mu Wu was alone. Know these things? He has also read history books, and besides, it's only about the past twenty years, even if he doesn't read what many people know, he will hold his chest and say: "Although Chu Ci is a military teacher, his origin is unknown, and he has no talent for learning. Fame, if it is a man, he should have become famous for his talent long ago, how come he has not even taken the exam, only Shuang'er can't take the exam!" Mu Hongjin pouted in dissatisfaction.

Mu Wu hurriedly said: "The third son is right."

"You coaxed me again! I can see it!" Mu Hongjin said dissatisfiedly, as soon as he said it, he was right, he was the most right, every time Coaxing him as a child does not really agree with his point of view at all. Mu Hongjin doesn't want to look like a child in Mu Wu's eyes at all. He is called Mu Wu by his first name instead of Mu Wu's brother. How can he be regarded as a child? What about the kid!

Mu Hongjin continued dissatisfied: "Moreover, the military advisor Chu Ci also has an unidentified origin recorded in the history books, saying that he is the third son of the Chu family's direct line in Yuan County, Huaizhou, but Yuan County The Chu family was exterminated when the foreign enemy invaded, and even the family tree does not know where to go, who can prove whether the third son of the Chu family is a twin or a man? No one can prove it!" Mu Hongjin spread his hands.

"Everyone, gentlemen, and bosses." The storyteller bowed his hands on the stage and said with a flattering smile, "Didn't we agree? Just take it for fun, why take it seriously?"

Shen Ling also became curious. It was only a counselor called the God of War more than ten years ago, and not thousands of years ago, how could it be impossible to distinguish between genders, and the state of Jin did not collapse. Chu Ci was really so powerful back then, so where is he now? There are always brothers and friends who fought together in the DPRK and China. How can they helplessly watch this kind of story spread all over the world, and the storytellers speak it without any scruples? How about treating this kind of anecdote as a market talk?

"Brother Chen, I don't know where these words originated? Does the imperial court care? Even if the imperial court doesn't care, do the friends and brothers of the military division Chu watch and ignore them?" Shen Ling asked.

"This..." The storyteller paused and shook his head, "This story originally originated in the capital, because it is not true or true, and it is related to the war more than ten years ago. Many people like to listen to it and discuss it, so spread it. It's very wide, but I haven't heard of anyone who was put in jail for telling this story, it's been around for several years."

Shen Ling was lost in thought, and Mu Wu also seemed to have discovered the inappropriateness of this. Shen Ling said, "I don't know how this story ends?"

"Oh." The storyteller quickly said, "It's also simple. During the period, I talked about a few battles of the Chu military division to become famous, and also described some of his love and hate with General Mo Ji. Love and hatred, until a certain time when General Mo Ji took Chu Junshi to bathe together, Chu Junshi told General Mo Ji his identity, and the two changed from brothers to lovers, eating and sleeping together, until later, Chu Junshi became pregnant , General Mo Ji died in a battle, and the military division Chu escaped from the barracks in the melee, mixed in with the fleeing crowd, and gave birth to a son, but he was also seriously ill, and finally passed away sadly, and the whereabouts of the child are unknown. General Yi found Chu Junshi's body, buried it, and the story is gone."

Is Chu Ci dead? Shen Ling thought about it for a while, and sure enough, only dead people can arrange it so casually! If this Chu Ci is still alive, I am afraid that he would have been in the court long ago, and there would be no room for such an affair.

However, this story is still inexplicably strange, Shen Ling looked at Mu Wu, "What is the opinion of Brother Mu Wu?"

"It's ridiculous, it's ridiculous. Could it be that Mo Ji can't even tell if the other party is a twin? It's funny."

"This master is wrong. Jinzhou people are always delicate and beautiful, and men are also small, and Chu Ci is mixed in. Among Jinzhou people, it is naturally inconspicuous, and Chu Ci basically does not tell his origins outside. I am from Jinzhou at every turn, and others will naturally not be suspicious. In addition, there was a rumor among the people that although the Chu family was destroyed, But there are still survivors from other nearby clans. An old woman still remembers that the third son of the Chu family is Shuang'er, but this old woman has passed away at the moment, so there is no way to verify it." The storyteller smiled, obviously he was too. I firmly believe that Chu Ci is one of the twins.

Mu Hongjin nodded, "I've heard of it too! Besides, Chu Ci's skill is so high that after his death, he didn't even get a title, let alone a title of title. He only gave the title of a lay Buddhist in the south of Jin, the title of lay Buddhist. , but they can be both male and female."

Shen Ling listened to the debate of several people, couldn't help rubbing his eyebrows, and said, "Doesn't anyone think that this matter can be written down and spread so widely, it is very important in itself. Is it strange? According to the script, Chu Ci is at least familiar with that General Mo Ji, okay! Just think he is dead, what about General Wei Yi? If I remember correctly, he is already a soldier in the world at this moment. Marshal Ma, right! His friend's affair has been spread like crazy among the people, even for the sake of face, he can't pretend he can't see it, right?"

Mu Wu thought about it, but couldn't figure it out, so he could only say casually: " Maybe General Wei Yi has a good relationship with the military division of Chu in name, but he is actually an enemy? Maybe he made up these words to pour dirty water on the military division of Chu, and deliberately ruined the reputation behind him, maybe!"

Shen Ling thought After thinking about it, I think this is also possible. Well, this matter has nothing to do with the little people like them. Even if there is something hidden behind it, it is not something they can speculate. Besides, even if it is speculated, it doesn't make any sense. They have no graciousness or resentment with Chu Ci, and naturally they will not think about making a name for him.

"Then... all bosses, if you don't want to hear this paragraph, why don't I change it to a myth and legend?" The storyteller asked tentatively.

Shen Ling thought for a while, was silent for a long time, and suddenly sighed and said with a smile: "I seem to understand why this word has spread so widely, as expected, rather than myths and legends, what I want to hear is the story of Chu Ci! Mu Wu nodded. He also felt that the

stories that happened more than ten years ago were much more interesting than those myths and legends that were false after hearing them. Word book.

"Let's continue to tell the story just now!" Mu Wu also agreed.

"Masters, don't you mind? There's a paragraph like Chu Ci is a pair of children." The storyteller asked tentatively.

"Cough cough." Mu Wu coughed uncomfortably and said, "Don't mind, you continue, it's just the story! What's the big deal."

Shen Ling chuckled lightly, turned to Han Shi, and wanted to see how he was doing , Han Shi was sitting in the seat and looked at the storyteller obediently, as if waiting for him to tell a story, Shen Ling turned to face the stage and said, "Let's start!"

"Yes, then I will continue." The storyteller cleared his throat and continued. Just the story.

It wasn't until the sky darkened that the storyteller stopped. He seemed to be exhausted. Shen Ling stretched and stood up. Han Shi was already crying, and Mu Hongjin's eyes were red. After the story was told, everyone heard the final ending of Chu Ci. After Chu Jun gave birth to a child, he was in poor health and died in the crowd of fleeing famine. He had no choice but to hand over the child to the fleeing people, and left with hatred.

Shen Ling stood up, looked at the storyteller's nervous expression, nodded and said: "Tomorrow you can come to the restaurant! According to what your master said, fifty wen a day, two hours a day, one hour in the morning, one hour in the afternoon, When there are the fewest people to eat, you can tell the story."

"Thank you, Boss Shen!" The storyteller immediately smiled and bowed to Shen Ling.

"I heard that you were also picked up by your master when he was fleeing the famine?" Shen Ling asked casually when he remembered this.

"Exactly! Although Chu Junshi only talked about his own children, many people sold their sons and daughters, and some orphans wandered around. I was an orphan back then, and my parents died in the war. In the end, the master picked me up, gave me a bite to eat, and accepted me as his adopted son. I have always been grateful and hope that one day I can make money to repay his old man."

Shen Ling nodded, "Yes, you work hard."

"Yes. "The storyteller clasped his fists.