Chapter 18

Shen Ling saw that Li Zheng's face changed for a while, and then he said, "But since the uncle has spoken, even if I am sick with only one breath left, I will drag the sick body to explain."

Shen Ling struggled to sit down . When he got up, he couldn't get up, Li Zheng stood aside, he was both an elder and Li Zheng, how could he help a junior? Isn't that a joke? !

Shen Ling really didn't struggle, panting helplessly: "Uncle, you have seen it too, it's not because I don't want it, it's just that my body is really weak."

Li Zheng frowned.

"Why don't uncle ask the men in the village to come over and do me a favor and carry me out! It's just this cold winter and twelfth lunar month, if I get sick again, I can no longer rely on selling Spring Festival couplets for a living..." Shen Ling had a lonely expression.

Li Zheng was thinking about who to find someone to carry him, when he suddenly heard such words, his brows furrowed for a while, and he vented his anger towards the Shen family a little, and said impatiently, "Since you went out for Shen San's explanation , If you are sick, Shen San should also be responsible for your medical expenses. You brothers are connected by blood and cherish each other. You go out to explain his innocence and prove his innocence for him, then he will also save money for you. You healed."

"That's it! Then I can rest assured." Shen Ling nodded and looked at Li Zheng innocently, "Please find someone to carry me! By the way, there are several layers of quilts underneath. , one is that the weather is cold, the other is that the road is not good and the road is too bumpy, my health is not good, and my head is always forgetting things, so I can't be dizzy anymore."

Li Zheng nodded, feeling that this condition is nothing and reasonable. , go out the door.

Han Shih closed the door after inviting people in and waiting for people. In the countryside, opening the door to talk about things means that people can watch and allow others to come in and intervene, but if the door is closed, the people watching the fun can't open the door by themselves. Don't come in to see jokes in people's homes.

Therefore, when Lizheng opened the door and walked out, the villagers who followed the old man from the Lizheng clan were still waiting at the door. He asked, "Lizheng, has Shen Er come out? Shen San has been kneeling in the ancestral hall for a long time."

Shen San had the backbone and knelt on the steps in front of the ancestral hall and swore that he would never get up if he was not upright. Shen Ling didn't go out to explain for a while, and Shen San couldn't get up for a moment, but he didn't know if he regretted it at this moment. A young scholar who has never done any hard work since he was a child, let alone suffered hardships, dragged him all day long. It's all a matter of words, really let him kneel on the stone steps for half an hour in winter, I'm afraid that at this moment he is about to be unable to kneel.

Li Zheng frowned, the exam was imminent, Shen Sanyue was young and indifferent, what if kneeling hurt his body? It doesn't matter if you hurt your body, you can take good care of it, but it's not long before you have an exam, how can you hurt your body at this time? !

Li Zheng took a deep breath, suffocated his stomach, and said to a young and strong villager: "Go to your Uncle Shen's house and get some quilts, then find a piece of wood, and if you can't find it, go and lead an ox cart. , I said that I asked him to lead, bring the things here, and find a few people to carry Shen Er to the ancestral hall."

The villagers onlookers gasped and were very surprised, and some people couldn't help asking: "Why Shen Er? Second, do you want to carry him? He is sick again?"

"Well." Li Zheng's face was not good-looking, "The illness is quite serious, and it is said that writing hurts the body."

Writing? Can you hurt your body? Everyone looked at each other, feeling that there were a lot of things going on here! Looking at it this way, no matter how cold the weather is, they can't go home and get warm under the covers. They have to watch the excitement.

It didn't take long for a few young people to come over with large and small quilts. They were basically half-new quilts. They were placed in ordinary farmers' homes. This was already a good quilt. It's just that they pick the rest, the most despised quilt.

A few people disliked that it was too tiring to carry the plank, so they simply brought the ox cart over. Anyway, Li Zheng was speaking, and no one in the village would offend Li Zheng for such a trivial matter, so they also led the most sturdy ox in the village and stopped at the place. Shen Er's door.

There has never been any major events in the countryside, and now it's not meal time. There are more and more people around Shen Ling's house, and they seem to be in a market.

Shen Ling was wrapped in the quilt and carried on the ox cart under the attention of the crowd. Han Shi followed nervously. Seeing so many people, he couldn't help but get shy, bowing his head and shrinking beside Shen Ling. , without saying a word.

Shen Ling coughed twice, and said weakly: "Slow down, slow down, head higher, body lower, right, right, don't be too savage, take your time."

Several young people were caught by Shen Ling Instructed to lift Shen Ling onto the ox cart.

Shen Ling said again: "Let's go slower, press down on the back of the car, don't let my head lower than my feet, and the driver will come slowly, I'm a patient, if I'm frightened, the third brother will still be there. I have to pay for my medical bills, I feel sorry for the third brother."

Li Zheng followed silently, watching the bullock cart as Shen Ling said, slowly pulling it forward, the young man who was driving the car estimated that he was driving the car My own mother has never been so careful.

Several clan elders followed behind the ox cart, and the villagers watching the lively crowded the ox cart all the way to the ancestral hall. Shen Ling yawned and never got out of the quilt. The quilt was still warm, and the car went slowly, which made him sleepy again for a while, so he retracted his head into the quilt, ready to close his eyes to rest. a bit.

"Shen Er is here, Shen Er is here." There were also a lot of people in front of the ancestral hall. When Shen Ling, the mighty army, was soon discovered by some children, they cheered and rushed to the ancestral hall to report.

Shen San was still kneeling in front of the ancestral hall, his lips were already white, and he was wearing a thick padded jacket, which was almost wrapped into a ball, but he still couldn't stop the cold wind, and when he heard Shen Ling's arrival, his figure swayed. Akira seemed to be finally unable to hold on.

"Son!" Mother Shen reached out to support Shen San, who was about to fall, and cried out in distress.

"What the hell!" Shen Zhibo glared at Mother Shen angrily before turning his head to meet him.

Li Zheng and several elders from the clan stood on the stone platform in front of the ancestral hall. Shen San had already been lifted up by the Shen family and pulled aside. Shen Ling was still huddled in the quilt. He was a patient, and no one dared to call him out to listen to Li. talking.

Li Zheng cleared his throat and glanced at the circle of people under the steps. The door of the ancestral hall behind him was still tightly locked. After all, this matter was not a big deal, and it was not worth opening the door of the ancestral hall to deal with it. On the stage, Shen San was already given enough face.

"Everyone, be quiet." Li Zheng raised his hand, "The weather is cold, so let's talk about the most important things. Everyone knows the rumors circulating during this period that the third child of the Shen family wrote the Spring Festival couplet to the second child of the Shen family. Going to the town to sell, robbing other people's Spring Festival couplets business, and losing the integrity of a scholar, not worthy of being an official in the imperial examination in the future, is there such a thing?"

Everyone was buzzing, and Li Zheng couldn't hear clearly, so he had to continue: "Originally, I didn't take this matter seriously, I thought it was just a rumor, not to mention that Shen San has always been studying hard and has no time to write Spring Festival couplets to sell, and the exam is near, and it's too late to re-read poetry and books, how can there be that? Time? However, I don't want the rumors to intensify and become more and more noisy, so that the whole town knows that Shen San of Shenzhuang is going to sell the Spring Festival couplets. Since this matter has reached this level, I, the Lizheng of Shenzhuang, is also the Shen family. The patriarch can no longer stand idly by. Shen San, is our Shen family, the hope of our Shenzhuang, and even the pride that can be counted in our entire town, everyone thinks about it, the whole town is a village of eight villages in ten miles. , How many more children were born in their teens, and can still enter the county school? How many children were said to be promising talents by the master? In the past few decades, we have been the only one in Shenzhuang. Qian's big words, I'm afraid that Shen San is rare in our entire county."

Everyone agreed and praised, as if they were all honored.

Li Zheng then continued: "But what about now? As soon as this rumor came out, the county exam was approaching. If it spread to the invigilator's ears, what would the invigilator's impression of Shen San be? Xiucai was already extremely difficult to take the exam. We only have one or two talents in the whole town, which shows the strictness of the invigilator. If the invigilator has a bad impression of Shen San, will Shen San still pass the test? Does Shen Zhuang still have a bright future? "

Everyone was chatting again and again, Li Zheng stopped it for a while, and continued: "So, this matter is not too small, we must investigate it clearly."

Everyone agreed.

Li Zheng added: "It's easy to investigate this matter, the second son of the Shen family is the one who sold the Spring Festival couplets, so let the second son of the Shen family tell what's going on by himself, and it will save everyone from suspicion and suspicion. Shen San's future. Shen Er, tell me what's going on?" After

hearing Li Zheng's words, Shen Ling slightly lifted the quilt and stretched out a pair of jade-white hands to Han Shi, who hurriedly supported him. He stopped, helped Shen Ling up, and used the quilt to surround Shen Ling with his hands and feet neatly, for fear of freezing him. Shen Ling coughed twice before saying: "I wrote the Spring Festival couplets myself, and it has nothing to do with the third brother. My Shen family is a family of farming and reading. Although I haven't been to a school, I can hear it, and the third and fourth brothers usually teach me a few times. I can read and read myself, but I am not as good as the third and fourth brothers. I can't write splendid articles, and I just go to take the scientific examination, ahem..."

"You lie, you can't read at all, if you can read, Why didn't even a Tongsheng take the exam?" People in other villages hid in the crowd and shouted, and the people in Shenzhuang glared at each other, but the speaker quickly slipped away.