Chapter 29

Shen Gouzi lowered his head listlessly, stood in front of Shen Ling, Shen Ling sat in the room with his legs crossed, looked at Shen Gouzi standing outside, took a sip of tea, "Do you know where I am wrong?"

Shen Gouzi looked humiliated and resentful, raised his head and glared at Shen Ling fiercely, scolding in a hoarse voice: "You wait for Laozi, dare to sue me, and I won't kill you in the future."

"Oh, I I'm so scared! Since you're so reluctant, I don't dare to ask for a guy like you. I'll tell Li Zheng that you, Shen Gouzi, don't want to work with me, and it seems that you want to serve Labor, I believe Lizheng will be more satisfied if you go to a place hundreds of miles away to build a dam. After all, no one wants to build a dam, right? But our village still wants to send someone, I think you are just right.

" You!" Shen Gouzi was angry and panting, but he still didn't dare to say more, repairing the dam would cost half his life, so he didn't want to go.

"Then now, do you know where I went wrong?" Shen Ling smiled.

"You...you...I shouldn't have stolen your duck." Shen Gouzi gritted his teeth.

Shen Ling nodded, "That's right! Come here and take the medicine." Shen Ling handed the pills on the plate in front of him to Shen Gouzi.

"You still want to poison me!" Shen Gouzi's eyes widened.

"It takes so much trouble to poison you. How good is it to buy a package of rat poison to cure your throat." Shen Ling said. It seems that this voice is still beaten like this by him.

Shen Gouzi looked distrustful, "It's not bad if you don't give me poison, and it's still healing, who did you ask for the medicine! What's the name, I'm going to ask to see if you're so kind. "

I prescribe it myself, can't I? Let me try the medicine to see if my medicine can eat dead people. It's better if I don't eat it. If I eat it, I'll give you my life."

"Cut..."

"Eat or not? If you don't, go to work for me." Shen Ling said.

Shen Gouzi's body froze for a moment, and after thinking about it, Shen Er should not be mad because a few ducks killed him, and if there is a problem with eating, he will ask Shen Er to be responsible, and Li Zheng will also help at that time. If it's not Shen Er, he eats as soon as he eats. Anyway, he's not afraid. Besides, his throat is just resting at home for a while, and he doesn't have the spare money to see a doctor. He can only take care of it slowly. What if what Shen Er gave was really a medicine for the throat?

Thinking of this, Shen Gouzi walked over and snatched the pill from Shen Ling's hand, suffocating in one mouthful, a bitter herbal smell filled his mouth, making him frown, his expression almost distorted, "Okay. Bitter!"

"Good medicine is bitter." Shen Ling said, he didn't say that he specially added a few bitter medicines, not for the throat, purely for the purpose of rectifying him.

"Do you know what you want to do?" Seeing that he had eaten, Shen Ling returned to the topic.

"I don't know." Shen Gouzi said, the next moment, he couldn't help but reached out and touched his throat. It seemed that it didn't hurt so much when he spoke. Is it really a good medicine?

Shen Ling didn't seem to notice anything wrong with Shen Gouzi, and continued: "To be honest, I really don't expect you to work, and I'm afraid that you will plant all my fruit trees for me to die, and you will only be responsible for looking after my yard in the future. , don't let people steal it. Usually you do what you like. I don't expect you to stay in the yard every day, but you remember one thing. In the future, if I have less of my things, it is your responsibility. You will pay for the money, including the duck's money this time, do you know?"

"Then how long I will work, you only need one or two silver, and you still expect me to help you look after the yard for the rest of your life?" Shen Gouzi shrugged.

"I don't want you to work, I'm just looking at it. A hundred dollars a month is not low! A tael of silver is a thousand dollars. Let's work for ten months first! Is there a problem?"

Shen Gouzi thought about it for a while, and didn't let him go to work, as long as his things were not stolen. To be honest, he knew all the petty thieves in the eight villages in ten miles. Nodding, "Don't go back."

"Don't worry, don't go back." Shen Ling turned around and took out a wooden box of pills and handed it to Shen Gouzi

. He took it silently, "When did you learn to prescribe medicine? Why haven't I heard of it?"

"I'm self-taught! I can read and write, but I still can't read medical books? I have a lot of medical books at home now. I read it every day."

Shen Gouzi didn't know what the average scholar was like, but he felt that what Shen Ling said was very powerful, and it felt like it was true, so he subconsciously squeezed the wooden box in his hand. Now, his throat is a little more comfortable, and it is no problem to think about taking medicine, which is much more useful than the remedies that his mother heard from nowhere. "Let's go then."

"Let's go!" Shen Ling waved his hand.

Shen Ling asked the villagers to buy another batch of ducks, but he didn't worry about it. His reputation in the village has been getting better and better recently. Many people are willing to deal with him. Even people in the town who know him are willing to do business with him. Some people even come to ask Shen Ling if he wants a chick, Shen Ling Thinking that he still has some money in his hand, he also wants to buy another piece of wasteland, even the land in a neighboring village, and then stock up some chickens. Of course, he also wants to buy some small fry to stock in the pond. There is a pond in the wasteland, but no one sells fish fry, and there is no one in this world to raise fish for a living, so Shen Ling can only give up temporarily, just buy some turtles and other small fish and throw them in, but there are not many , is a loose purchase.

A month has passed in the blink of an eye. Mu Wu and the others went back after planting the fruit trees. After such a heavy and tiring work, these people seem to have no complaints after finishing it. Mu Wu still has a smiling attitude. There was no change. Shen Ling didn't care about them, but he was still amazed. Mu Wu was really good at managing people, and he was very thoughtful. He was a coolie in a place where the master couldn't see it, and he was happy all day without complaining. , and can control the people below without complaining. He is really good at managing people, but it is a pity that Mu Wu must be a servant of the Mu family, so there is no way to poach people.

At the end of January, the examination of Xiucai will also be held. Shen Ling learned at this time that Tongsheng's examination and Xiucai's examination are held at the same time, saying that it is to prevent cheating. Generally, those who can pass the Tongsheng test have to rush to the test that day. Xiucai, this also greatly reduces the situation of someone taking the test for Tongsheng. After all, there are many people who take the test for Tongsheng, and many of them are taking the test for the first time, and there is no file font to compare.

Shen Ling hurried to the city to sign up, retrieved the wooden plaque for the exam, and then went home. Han Shi had just returned from the chicken yard, and his face was flushed with exhaustion. Shen Ling greeted him, "Didn't you already have someone take care of the yard and take care of the chickens and ducks, why do you have to go by yourself! How tiring!"

"I'm just going to have a look, in case the feeding is not good!"

"He If the feeding is not good, I will not give him wages." Shen Lingdao, he bought a piece of land a few days ago, it is a high slope, the land is good, the average area is also large, and there is no gravel to affect farming, but because it is On a high slope, watering is not easy, and even if it rains, it is difficult to save water, so it has been left uncultivated and no one has planted it. The chickens were pecking, and a man in the village with a broken arm was also hired to take care of them, to help feed the chickens, build chicken coops, do not pursue progress, and dry slowly, by the way, supervise the progress of building earth walls around the high slopes.

This time, the area of ​​the high slope is a bit large, with more than ten acres of land, all weeds grow, and there is not a single tall tree. I am not afraid that chickens will fly to the tree when they grow wings. Shen Ling has stocked nearly a thousand people. A chick is still releasing news non-stop, saying that it will continue to acquire chicks and ducks. He felt that in such a big place, regardless of the problem of environmental pollution, it would be no problem for him to stock four or five thousand birds, but the earth wall must be built a little higher. With wings, they may jump higher than humans.

Han Shi lowered his head and said nothing.

"You!" Shen Ling touched Han Shi's head, "By the way, I got the wooden badge to enter the examination room, and I will go to the examination in a few days."

Han Shi raised his head suddenly, with a look of surprise on his face.

"Good, wait for me to come back and give you a child's test."

Han Shi thought of something again, and lowered his head, Shen Ling already knew what the child was thinking, and said helplessly: "I said I won't be an official, let alone not. I don't want you, why worry about this all day long."

"I don't have any children." Han Shi rubbed his foot on the ground, and Shen Ling almost choked to death on his own saliva. Isn't it a good thing not to be pregnant? !

To be honest, Shen Ling still felt deep in his heart that he still needed some time to accept the setting of a man's pregnancy, and that Xiao Shi was still small! He is too young! Not at all the best age for childbearing, okay? ! Every time he secretly tries to use contraception, isn't he just worried about this? Although he said he definitely wanted to be pregnant, he really didn't want it for the time being!

Of course, he definitely couldn't say the same to Han Shi. If Han Shi knew that he deliberately used contraception every time, with the level of Xiao Shi's desire for children, even if he had a good temper, he would probably be able to bite him instantly. he.

"Cough cough..." Shen Ling said gently: "This kind of thing depends on fate, so I can't be in a hurry!"

"Yeah." Han Shi nodded, feeling that Shen Ling was very gentle, he was so difficult to give birth, Shen Ling was still so kind to him, and Shen Ling was rich, he still didn't dislike him, it was really special.

"I'm hungry." Shen Ling changed the subject.

"I'm going back to cook!" Han Shi regained his energy instantly. He felt that the only way he could treat Shen Ling well was to take good care of him, cook and wash clothes for him, so he would not let Shen Ling help him in the kitchen, unless When Shen Ling became interested, he wanted to study a new dish, such as roast duck, so he would leave the kitchen a little and give Shen Ling a toss.

"Good." Shen Ling said gently.