Chapter 127

"Brother-in-law! Don't listen to that old man's nonsense. Back then, the army was in chaos and people couldn't live well. He didn't want to raise them at all. He didn't want to raise the stones because he was too troublesome! He rescued the stones from the beginning to the end. It's only my father!" Han Facai was worried that Shen Ling would share the credit of his family, so he accepted Han Jiuye's affection, and quickly said, he didn't know that Shen Ling had already seen that Han Jiuye had nothing to do with Han Shi. Enyi, I don't intend to be sympathetic.

Shen Ling ignored him, and Han Fa Cai didn't dare to say more, and followed Shen Ling home. Shen Gouzi had already prepared the incense paper money for worship, and when he saw Shen Ling coming back, he took a step back with a smile.

"It's hard work." Shen Ling nodded, Han Shi was sitting at the table stacking paper money, and he raised his head and smiled.

"Han Shi, I just went to see Han Jiuye, do you know him?" Shen Ling sat down and asked casually.

"I know! He is my ninth grandfather, and he is very senior, but I haven't talked to him very much." Han Shi said seriously.

"Oh." Shen Ling nodded, didn't mention him again, and said instead, "Let's go to the grave!"

"Okay!" Han Shi nodded, with some joy on his face.

Shen Zhuang and Shen San learned that Shen Ling was home, so they persuaded Shen's father and Shen's mother to visit together, but Shen's father didn't say much, but Shen's mother was angry, "Since I came back, I didn't say to come to see us, but to ask What's the point of us going to see him as parents?"

Shen San persuaded with a good temper: "Second brother has always been aloof and arrogant, mother, you should let it go, and besides, it's not that the second brother didn't come! It's just that we didn't touch it. That's it, didn't you come to add makeup to your sister?"

Shen's mother was still puffed up, sitting still, Shen's father raised his head, looked at his daughter who was standing beside him, and said, "You said your second brother gave it to you. You only gave ten taels of silver to you?"

Shen Mei subconsciously held her chest when she heard the words, lowered her head, wanted to hide the rope around her neck better, and said in a low voice, "No, the second brother only gave me ten taels of silver." The second brother reminded her, If you want to keep the jade pendant, you have to hide it from your husband. You can't let people know that the jade pendant is valuable. It's just a fake plaything that was exchanged for a ring on the street. Anyway, the country people don't know the goods.

Although Shen Mei is young, she has not been favored very much since she was a child, and she is very precocious. She knows that she has to hide it from her parents, and she does not dare to tell her family that she still has a jade pendant.

Shen San smiled and said: "This is also the second brother's intention, it is comparable to the sister's dowry."

Shen Mei lowered her head slightly, blushed slightly, and did not make a sound.

Father Shen sighed, "I don't think so, I'm just afraid of what he thinks, San Er, you didn't say last time that the second child met a lot of wealthy children and made a fortune, so why did you only give ten to your sister? Two silver coins? It's like sending a beggar. We gave him 10 taels of silver before. I was afraid that if he wanted to pay back the money, he would have a share with us."

" Father thinks too much. If he wants to pay it back, even if he wants to pay it back, even if the children return their lives to their parents, it will not be enough to repay." Shen San said with a smile.

When Father Shen heard the words, he immediately became more confident, "You are right, after all, he is my son, there is no reason why he would dare to have a relationship with me, I am his biological father, so, if you want to test people, you also need to test. Jinshi, I don't think how much money is enough, so I have to ask him to pay some money, after all, it's your second brother, if you pass the exam, his family will also be exposed."

Shen San didn't say anything, just lowered his head and smiled, Father Shen The more she thought about it, the more she felt that this idea was feasible. She pulled her mother Shen who was beside her, and said, "Come on, let's go and have a look."

Mother Shen also thought about getting more money when she heard Father Shen's plan. If you want to save money for San'er exam, more is also good, so he moved up and muttered in dissatisfaction, "Since you've already thought about the girl's makeup, why didn't you think about San'er's exam, I don't know. Send it together, how much money is missing at home now!"

Shen San didn't speak, and went out with Shen's father and Shen's mother. Shen's father thought that Shen Mei had also put on makeup, he should go to the door to thank him, and contacted his feelings, so he took her with him, leaving only Shen Da's family at home. Yes, with a young Shen Shilang.

Zhao Shuitao seemed to have been obstructed by a demon for the past two days, thinking about what Shen Ling said that day. There were several hundred taels of silver in the family, but her in-laws always talked about the lack of money in the family. Who was this telling? !

Shen Er split up the family, Shen Mei got married, and which one really divided the family property, all of them were just a little more than ten taels of silver, but it was not worth the money for Shen San's trip. In the eyes of the in-laws, it was only Shen Three for one!

The more Zhao Shuitao thought about it, the more uncomfortable she became, and she wiped away her tears. There are still a few children under her who will go to school and take exams in the future to become biological children. Will there be only ten taels of silver to pass away in the future? When Shen Da saw Shen's father and Shen's mother leaving, he immediately sat comfortably on the main seat, stretched his waist, and carried the tea bowl leisurely.

"You know what to eat!" Zhao Shuitao raised his hand and twisted Shen Da's shoulder, and he grinned hoarsely in pain.

Shen Da quickly put down the tea bowl, "What's the matter?"

"You forgot what

I said to you last night?!" Go to the ditch!" Shen Da said dissatisfiedly: "Everything is fake. When the third child passes the exam, what is the money and not the money, you are the wife of the official family, and you still care about this? All the cubs in our family are all It's the young lady."

"Miss Young Master! Now I can't even go to school! The more I think about it, the more wrong I feel. I told you that time before, I saw my mother-in-law counting money, and there are hundreds of taels in the family. Why? Now my mother-in-law talks about the lack of money at home every day, because she is afraid that we will think that we still have money and will ask for money in the future! Also, look at you, and then look at Shen Er, there is a little one under you, Shen Si , which one went to school? You and Shen Er have never even touched a book, and our cub has only known a few words from his third uncle. What about my son! Are there any sons who can't read and can't read? It's pretty much the same for people today, we're living now, isn't it just a servant's life!"

Shen Da also sat up, scratching his head irritably, "Me too If I want my child to go to school, it's just me and Shen Er. When my family was rich, I was already old, and I went to school too late. The second child was because of Taimuna. That kid was like a piece of wood when he was a child. How can he be like this now? Clever, the old three are really good! The fourth child is too skinny to learn at all, but the fourth one has also entered a private school, but our family..."

"Yeah! My parents-in-law's heart is not affected. Now, co-authoring her is her own son, so the grandson doesn't need to be hurt, right? I think this eldest son and grandson, in the eyes of my parents-in-law, is not as good as a finger of Shen San."

Shen Da couldn't refute this . , he can also clearly feel it. If his mother has devoted 90% of her love to Shen San, then the remaining 10% is also on her youngest son, Shen Si. As for his father, he can also see clearly, who can give He has a long face and gives him a better life. Whoever he values, it doesn't have to be Shen San. No, he has softened up with the second child, and even worried that the second child will have a relationship with him. Before he got rich, he would never care about this.

"Then what do you say? Force our parents to let our children go to private schools?"

"There is no rush for those who can't go to school, the children are still young!" Zhao Shuitao waved her hand, she actually felt like a mirror in her heart. The children are not much more honest than Shen Si, and they are all like monkeys. If they are stuffed into the school, they may not be able to learn any tricks. It is better to wait until they grow up and stabilize their temperament before going to study. Make her feel bad too.

Zhao Shuitao leaned over and whispered: "You said, isn't the brand that Han Shi saw at the time very valuable?"

Shen Da glared at Zhao Shuitao when he heard the words, "You want to steal something! You want to be suspended, right? That's the family's money!"

"Is the brand silver? You can't even go out to the clan elders and say that if I take a brand that I don't know where it came from, I think I'm stealing money! That's not just money! Besides, I'm not still For your father and son!"

"That brand... that brand must be something very important, you don't even think about it, the second brother-in-law touched it and was beaten so hard, lying on the bed for several days and crawling. If you can't get up, you're almost dead. How dare you take it! Besides, it's not necessarily a valuable thing. If it's something valuable, if it's found out, you'll still steal the money! I won't be able to protect it at that time. You."

"What did I do with my own brand? How do I know that brand is valuable? I'm a country woman. How can I know such a precious thing, how can I say that I stole the money! I can't help but know it! "Zhao Shuitao crossed his waist.

Shen Da was blocked for a while, but he was still very flustered. Zhao Shuitao was already crying, "I can't live this day, if it wasn't for your father and son, what would I do! I have been married to the Shen family for so many years, my in-laws don't do any work, my sister-in-law is young, and I do all the housework, big and small. Come and do it! I take care of such a big family by myself! Now my son can't even afford to go to school, he doesn't even have any family background, I can't live anymore..."

"Don't cry, people will hear you It's not shameful to be ashamed!" Shen Da pulled a hand.

"Go get it!" Zhao Shuitao stood up, akimbo, with tears on her face, but she had already put on a fierce expression, "I was almost framed by you, I'm not a good woman to get it, you are a relative Son, it's nothing to get a brand? Can you get out of the house?! Go get it!"

"I must take it!" Shen Da said in a tangled manner, but his heart was actually a little shaken. His parents didn't care about him, and regarded the child he gave birth as nothing. Going to enjoy happiness, and a scholar who has just passed the jinshi test can't support such a big family, maybe it's a scorer, and Shen San's personality is very similar to his father, very cold, he can get it all, but how much Light is really not sure. Besides, if Shen San fails the exam, the whole family will have no livelihood...

He is almost 30, and he has no family background at all, and he is also panicked. It was hidden in the box and rarely taken out. Only when Han Shi fell out did they know it happened. Thinking about it, even if they took it, it wouldn't affect Shen San's exam. When they got up and regarded it as their family, their parents wouldn't find out so quickly if they didn't turn over the box often. Even if they did, they insisted that they didn't take it, and they could only be regarded as a thief in the house.

"Go get it! It's not good to say something, if Shen San fails the test, we won't starve to death." Zhao Shuitao wiped away her tears.

Shen Da also felt the same way. If they took it, it would not affect Shen San's exam. They could also save some money. If they didn't take it, it would not affect Shen's third exam. They didn't panic at all. gritted teeth.

Zhao Shuitao showed joy and instructed: "If we take it, let's sell it quickly, don't leave it at home and be found out, don't keep the money if you take it, um... Where do you think we hide the money? After all, in case It was discovered, my parents-in-law rummaged through the house..."

Shen Da recalled the incident of rummaging through the house to check the money of his private house, and a trace of disgust arose in his heart, he frowned, and said, "You can't stay at home after selling the money, um, I want to No, I'm going to buy the land directly, it won't work! Buying the land must go through Lizheng. When the time comes, my parents will know, so I will go to the town to buy a house. Anyway, I'm the eldest son. If there is no shortage of land, just buy a house." With a house and land, even if Shen San really failed the exam, he would be confident.

Zhao Shuitao nodded, "Alright, let's go!"

Shen Da stood up and went out of the yard to look around. Shen Sizao went out with a few children and went crazy. He couldn't stay at all. There were only their husband and wife left at home. It was a good opportunity. Shen Da entered Shen's father and Shen's mother. Zhao Shuitao also followed, looked around for a week, and thought for a while: "I remember my second brother-in-law said that he fell off after touching the cabinet box. Let's put it on the top of the cabinet!"

Shen Da stepped on the bed immediately after hearing this. Looking on the top of the cabinet, when he saw a few old baskets and some sundries, Shen Da stood on tiptoe and stretched out his hands to rummage on the top of the cupboard. After a while, he pulled out a wooden box from under the sundries and pulled it hard. Then he pulled out the copper lock set on the wooden box, opened it, and saw a black token, I couldn't tell what material it was, but it looked like a good thing, and the tentacles were warm and cold, like cold iron. , which is engraved, but he has not read the book, so he does not recognize it.

"Have you taken it?" Zhao Shuitao said excitedly.

"Yeah." Shen Da handed the brand to Zhao Shuitao, and then he straightened the copper lock, inserted it back in the original position, and patted it hard, trying to restore it to its original state. After being pulled out and plugged back in, it must have been loose, but it couldn't be controlled that much. Shen Da stuffed the box back under the sundries. Zhao Shuitao had already taken the initiative to pat the dust, lest dust fall on the bed and be discovered by her in-laws.

However, looking at the dust on the top of the cabinet, I knew that my in-laws seldom checked the wooden box. In this way, they also had enough time to deal with the brand. Zhao Shuitao held back his joy and thought about selling the brand quickly, and then changed the money. , buy a big house for big money, and buy a small house for small money. In short, take up the land first, even if you don't live, you can sell it for money later, it's not a loss. The transfer of the house in this dynasty needs to keep a file in the yamen, and the land deed is kept by itself, but if the land deed is lost, it can be replaced. When they buy a house, they destroy the land deed immediately. As long as the yamen has a file, it is enough to avoid being discovered. Good way too.