Chapter 123

Mu Hongyuan was imprisoned again. This time, even Mu Wu couldn't pass the letter for him. He just informed Shen Ling when he came to see him off. At home, no outsiders are allowed.

"Where's the third son?" Shen Ling looked at Mu Wu and asked.

Mu Wu's always indifferent face suddenly turned a little flushed. Shen Ling looked at it in surprise. In fact, he really supported Mu Wu in inciting Mu Hongjin to elope. The family is sure to collapse, but it cannot collapse at the hands of Mu Wu.

Mu Wu didn't answer Shen Ling's words, although Shen Ling had already seen something, his face blushed, he must have done something he shouldn't have done! Shen Ling smiled like a fox, Mu Wuzhuang seemed to be unaware, and forcibly changed the subject, "Second Young Master seems to have been beaten because he said something to the adults that should not have been said, and made the adults angry. The adults did not intend to hit him, after all, he is still the second son whom the adults love very much."

Shen Ling nodded, "I understand, I understand. The eldest son is the most important, the second son is the most beloved, and the third son is the most favored. Right? But it is enough to dote on the three sons. Mu Hongjin is a twin, or he wants to get married. It doesn't matter if you dote on a little bit, but Mu Hongyuan, he is a man!" Mu Hongyuan has made great achievements.

Shen Ling once felt that it was because of the problems with the Mu family's family education that the eldest Mu family was cruel and ruthless, the second child was innocent and the third child was innocent and ignorant.

Mu Wu didn't say anything, "Forget it, you take care all the way."

"You too." Shen Ling

cupped her hands, "Goodbye." "Goodbye." Ling looked back from the window, Mu Wu's robe was swept up by the strong wind, but he stood steady, like a green pine, Shen Ling suddenly sighed softly, "When I come to Huaizhou in the future, I am afraid that the Mu family will also change. God."

Han Shi looked at Shen Ling worriedly, Shen Ling noticed Han Shi's gaze, and lightly smiled and reassured, "Don't worry, they will be fine."

Only then did Han Shi nodded.

Shen Ling took Han Shi all the way through the journey, and when he returned home, he let the servants clean up the house again, and then let Han Shi get off the carriage and go back to the room to rest. Shen Ling didn't stay at home much, so he went to Lizheng's house and told him that he had come back to Zhaofu to get his household registration, and accompanied him with some gossip before he was able to go home.

Shen Ling hadn't stayed at home for a long time when he saw Shen Gouzi dressed in fine cotton clothes and brought in a man who looked like an accountant, and when he saw Shen Ling, he cupped his hands and smiled, "Boss, you can come back. Now, I almost miss you, I heard that you even have a son, then I have to meet my brother!"

"I'm tired, sleep, next time!" Shen Ling said with a smile.

Shen Gouzi hurriedly responded, not daring to insist any more, and pointed to the person behind him: "This is Mr. Accountant, I brought the account book, can you take a look, boss? During this time, I bought it according to the instructions in your letter. There are a lot of fields, and a lot of fruit trees are also planted. When the peach blossoms bloom this year, the flowers are pulled out by carts and carts. How much wine must be made! Unfortunately, the fruit tree seedlings are still small, otherwise there will be many peach blossoms."

"Peach blossoms Do you have some left?"

"Let's keep it, every tree has some left, and it can bear fruit! Don't worry, it is the first year of planting. , because it just moved and it didn't grow very well, so the income is..."

"Don't worry, take your time, a tree doesn't grow in a day." Shen Ling flipped through the ledger and handed it to the accountant, "Trouble. Please reconcile with me, sir!"

"Yes, yes." The accountant nodded again and again, looking shy.

To be an accountant in a rural area must be hopeless for imperial examinations, and he is not good at words. Seeing his performance, Shen Ling is not surprised, but anyone who has some eloquence has already gone to the city to find something to do, so why stay in the country.

After Shen Ling checked the ledger, Shen Gouzi put down the teacup in his hand, and when he saw Shen Ling was idle, he said, "Is the boss coming back to marry the girl?"

Shen Ling was stunned, "Didn't you just get married?"

"Yeah! I'm rushing out too!" Shen Gouzi smiled, as if his smile was very meaningful.

Shen Ling frowned, "Say, don't play dumb."

Shen Gouzi nodded quickly, "I'm not going to say that! Boss, you are not at home all the year round and don't know the situation. When you come back, I will rush to report to you. This kind of news, don't worry!"

Shen Ling took a sip of tea, looked at Shen Gouzi, Shen Gouzi said: "Your family has been very lively recently, there was news the day before yesterday that Shen San passed the second test, you You came back late, and your family was beating gongs and drums, feasting guests, and putting on the posture of running water! Then your brother-in-law also came, and asked for a daughter-in-law by the way! Your family agreed."

"That's it? "

It's said to be the case outside, but I heard something in private. I don't know if it's true or not. I heard that my third uncle seemed to have enough money to go to Beijing to take the exam, so the family agreed to pay a lot of money."

Shen Ling The face is a bit ugly. Most women in this era are engaged in marriages in the fifteenth or sixteenth year, but most of them are not married until the sixteenth or seventeenth. After all, it is too dangerous to have children at the age of fifteen, and the ancients were not so stupid. He was rushing to marry his daughter at fifteen, not to mention that his cheap girl didn't seem to be fifteen yet. Now that he is married, what should he do if he is pregnant and hurts his body? It's not too late for Shen Ling to see it.

"My father's family has no money?" Shen Ling asked.

"I heard that this is the case, who knows." Shen Gouzi spread his hands.

Shen Ling said: "Do you know where my family's money comes from? If you don't do business, you don't become an official, and you're not diligent and thrifty, how can you get so much money?

" Haven't heard from your father?"

"Do you know what noble person? When did you save someone? I have never seen a noble person visit your door since I was a child. Is the life-saving grace only settled in silver, and there is no other intersection? Listen to me. Did you say anything about the letter?"

"I don't know that, but I don't think anyone in the whole village knows about it, otherwise I wouldn't have heard of the letter at all." Shen Gouzi said doubtfully, "Don't say it, boss. , I don't think it's right for you to mention it like this. It's a life-saving grace! It's a noble man, and I didn't rely on it back then? And there's no rumors for so many years, no one knows who he saved?!"

Shen Ling frowned, "This matter is not allowed to be brought up again."

If it wasn't to save people and suddenly have so much money, then it would only be to harm people. After all, it was his father. It will be implicated in recruiting fortune and not being able to take the imperial examination. It is about oneself, so it is better not to delve into it any further.

Shen Gouzi also knew that people of the same clan would be linked to each other, and he did not dare to mention it again. Fortunately, this accountant was also a person of the same clan, so he wouldn't say it out and hurt everyone.

After Shen Gouzi left, Shen Ling also went to the Shen family's old house. The Shen family's old house was packing things when suddenly seeing Shen Ling coming, the Shen family's elder sister-in-law straightened up, the appearance of the year was vaguely visible under the rough skin, and the hair was messy. , with a coarse apron tied around his waist.

"Shen Er?" Zhao Shuitao has not seen Shen Ling for a long time, and Shen Ling has changed a lot. From temperament to clothing, she can't see the shadow of the past.

"Sister-in-law." Shen Ling cupped her hands, "Sister-in-law works alone?"

Zhao Shuitao showed some resentment in her expression, "How dare I let my sister-in-law who is about to get married work with her mother-in-law. My family doesn't know where to hide and be lazy, and I don't know where to help."

"Sister-in-law is diligent." Shen Ling nodded. , did not say anything more.

Zhao Shuitao stared at Shen Ling's clothes for a while, Shen Ling was about to pass Zhao Shuitao into the house, Zhao Shuitao suddenly said: "Second brother, you are... making a fortune! This is a good dress." Zhao Shuitao looked at the jade pendant on Shen Ling's waist.

Shen Ling didn't plan to hide anything when he came back this time. Not returning wealth and honor to his hometown is no different from walking with clothes at night. He doesn't care about walking with clothes at night, but there is no need to hide it. Only with money can he work in the village When you have more right to speak, others will pay more attention to you, and he does not think how much he will be counted. The money he takes out is only what he is willing to give, and no one can take it away by grabbing it.

"Fortunately, I've done a little business. Where's my sister? I heard that she's getting married, so I'll add makeup to her."

"In the back room, you have to give her some good things. Your sister is suffering!" Zhao Shuitao instructed.

Shen Ling nodded, lazily ignoring what Zhao Shuitao was thinking, and walked directly to the back room. Shen San and others were not at home, not even Shen's father and mother. They were probably going to a banquet. , I think some of the big squires wanted to invite Shen San to be a guest, and Shen's father and Shen's mother liked to show the limelight, and they probably followed.

Shen Mei was the fifth and youngest of the Shen family. Shen Ling vaguely remembered that she was only about thirteen years old.

"Sister." Shen Ling knocked on the door, thinking that the sister-in-law couldn't recognize his actions, and added, "I'm your second brother."

"Second brother?" With two small bags tied with cloth strips, it looks cute and cute.

"I'll add makeup to you." Shen Ling said.

"Second brother, please come in." Shen Mei walked back into the room and sat in front of the embroidery frame. Shen Ling saw that the embroidery frame seemed to be embroidering a wedding dress. Shen Mei did not reject her upcoming marriage, so she did not Say more.

Shen Ling stood and didn't plan to sit down, and said directly: "My sister is getting married, and I, the elder brother, almost didn't even know about Xin'er, which is also funny, since I was lucky, I came back just in time, just in time for you. Makeup, hide it yourself, don't let anyone take it."

Shen Ling took out the silver taels from his arms, and handed a dozen taels of silver to him, "Daddy gave me 10 taels of silver back then, and now I give you the money, Also." Shen Ling took out another jade pendant carved from emerald jade, "This jade pendant can be used for self-defense for you and can be passed on to your descendants. It is worth about two hundred taels of silver. You can hide it yourself."

"Second brother!" Shen Mei was surprised. He looked at the jade pendant in Shen Ling's hand.

"It's for you, I can't help you. I'll have a good life in the future."

"Thank you second brother." Shen Mei took Shen Ling's things, put the jade around her neck, stuffed it into her clothes, and placed it close to her body.