Chapter 9

The town is very lively, and there is an endless stream of vendors who set up stalls on the street to solicit customers, but Shen Ling and Han Shi are dressed in tattered clothes, and they are alone with the other. They look similar to the beggars on the street, but there is no one. greet them.

Han Shi was used to it, and Shen Ling was already prepared, so neither of them felt anything. Shen Ling walked slowly and pretended to be sick while carefully looking at everything around him. There were people buying and selling food, cloth, eggs, and even crops grown by himself in the countryside. All kinds of gadgets were bought and sold. Maybe it was because the weather was cold. Most of the dishes are cabbage or radishes, which are easy to preserve. Shen Ling knows that farmers generally have their own cellars, which can store such vegetables, so there are still some vegetables for sale on the street at the moment, while other vegetables are basically sun-dried. Dried vegetables and the like.

As for food, bags of rice, wheat, and cornmeal are placed on the booth. When someone buys them, they take other empty bags next to them. Of course, if they buy too much, the bags will be given away for free, otherwise they will have to pay a penny.

There are also stalls selling gadgets that sell some handicrafts, such as nets made by women, as well as embroidered items such as purses and handkerchiefs. There are also various kinds of bamboo baskets and dustpans and other agricultural household items. thing.

Shen Ling looked around and observed the prices along the way. With some restraint in her heart, she focused on the things she wanted to buy, "Little Stone, can you sew clothes?" Although Shen Ling didn't know what to do How hard and simple he planned to save, but if he could not waste it, he still tried his best not to waste it. If the small stone could sew clothes, he could directly buy cloth and cotton to make it himself, which was cheaper than buying ready-made clothes.

Looking at this weather, it is definitely not early spring, but early winter. The cold weather is still behind, and clothing must be the first in the line of clothing, food, housing and transportation.

Before the end of the world, he actually didn't have much concept of winter, and the time he went out was very short. As soon as he entered the house, whether it was going home or working, he had heating and air conditioning. Usually, he was most concerned about the problems of dry skin and bulky clothes. But at the end of the world, he really understood what it means to be a biting cold wind and a severe winter. There is no near-completely enclosed house, no heating and air conditioning, no padded jacket that wraps oneself into a ball as thick as a windbreaker, all exposed skin seems to have been slashed by a knife, one winter, the skin freezes, cracks and peels, revealing blood-red flesh, Without any medicine, when the cold wind blows, the skin is cracked and peeled again, layer by layer, and the blood is not finished until the winter passes, and the wound will gradually improve, and eventually grow ugly frost scars.

The winter of the last days is everyone's nightmare.

Winter in ancient times is probably not much better than the end of the world.

Han Shi raised his head and looked at Shen Ling with his mouth open slightly, as if he was confused by Shen Ling's question.

Shen Ling was puzzled, how did he provoke the child? Hmm... He figured it out clearly. Physical age is not the main criterion for judging the size. Mental age is. As far as mental age is concerned, he is simply a weirdo in front of children. He would rather be a weirdo than a ten-year-old. Five year old kid.

"What's wrong?" Shen Ling asked.

"I...I won't..." His brother had never entrusted him with sewing work before, all the light work at home was done by his sister-in-law, and at most he could only sew a patch. Han Shi felt that it was too useless to say that. No one's daughter-in-law can't do needlework. Even Shuang'er can do it, so he added in a panic, "I know a little bit, just a little bit of sewing."

Han Shi's voice is getting smaller and smaller, which is probably the reason why he has never proposed a marriage! What if you can do farm work, chop firewood, draw water, and sell your energy? He can't make clothes and quilts, and cooking is unpalatable, and he's not good at having children. Who wants him?

Seeing that Han Shi was worried and panicked again, Shen Ling reached out and touched Han Shi's head, "It's okay, I don't know how, I can only sew a little, then let's go buy ready-to-wear."

Han Shi didn't dare . Answering the call, a man does not need to know needle and thread! He didn't feel comforted at all, but he still heard that Shen Ling was comforting him, and his heart was sour and happy for a while, and he silently made up his mind to do needlework in the future.

Shen Ling found a ready-to-wear store and asked Han Shi to walk in with him. He was almost kicked out by the store before entering the door. Shen Ling was not angry. He knew that what he was wearing did not look like someone who had money to buy clothes. He smiled, "Little brother, we are here to buy clothes, how can you blast the guests out?"

"Are you rich?" It's impossible to have money at all. If you don't have money, how can you go ahead and collect it? How about using him to brush?

"Of course there is. If there are suitable clothes, we will naturally pay. If you insist on letting us leave, then we have nothing to say. This town is so big, we can always find other shops willing to do our business.

" The boss in Li had always thought he hadn't heard it, and let the guy bombard people. At this moment, when he heard Shen Ling say this, he felt that the mosquito's legs were still meat, even if they didn't buy it, the guy would go to receive the smiling face, even if they stepped on the dirty floor. Dude go wipe, how can he drive out the guests who might buy clothes? He also raised his head and looked at the man with a cold face, "What are you doing? How can you blast the guests out, don't you want to do it?!" After speaking, he lowered his head and continued to settle the account, without apologizing to Shen Ling and the two. The meaning of the smiley face, he also felt that it was impossible for such two people to buy many things.

The guy shrank his head after being scolded, looked at the two of them, and waved his hands to signal them to come in, "What do you want to buy?"

"Winter clothes, four suits, two suits for the two of us, thick, and the fabric doesn't have to be too good, as long as it's durable. "Shen Ling said the request with a smile. He is not a big customer, and he didn't plan to spend much money, so he didn't plan to play any rudeness.

The guy raised his eyes and glanced at the two of them in surprise. He looked very poor, but he was willing to spend money. Who would buy four sets of winter clothes at once in a typical farm family? Not even the cheapest one! Thinking of this, the guy's face looks better.

The boss pays a commission for selling clothes, so that the guys have the motivation to work. Although the payment is small, it is also money! If the two really bought four sets of winter clothes, then he could at least get a commission of about ten cents, enough for him to eat for a day.

"Wait a minute, two." Thinking of this, the man automatically lost his smile, and the boss in front of the counter couldn't help but look up at the two of them. Although it was not as good as a casual shot from a big family, but in this kind of rural area, It's a guest who spends more money, but fortunately he didn't really drive out.

The guy quickly took out five or six sets of winter coats, all of which were made by their shop, who distributed cotton and cloth to country women who knew them well. They provided handwork fees and sold them exclusively to those country men who had no female relatives at home. After all, everyone Gotta get dressed isn't it.

"Look, how about these sets? We don't have many styles of clothes here. We change the fabric and color at most, but the quality is absolutely good. The new cotton and new fabrics released this year are still very soft. The new cloth that we have, we also have it in our store, the lining in other stores is definitely not as soft as ours, and the price is about the same, you can see." The guy placed several sets of clothes on the counter nimbly. The boss took the initiative to move the ledger, and he didn't mean to talk to Shen Ling, and continued to do his own thing.

Shen Ling took out a set and compared it to Han Shi, Han Shi blushed, stood up straight, and tightened his body. Although the navy blue cloth is still not good-looking, it is a very suitable color for young people to wear compared to dull colors such as black, gray, and black. Moreover, Han Shi is still a little white, which is very suitable for brighter colors. It's a pity that the cloth here is dark, so it looks better.

Shen Ling picked out another set of blue-gray ones for Han Shi. He had enough for two sets, and he picked two sets for himself. After trying a suitable number, he decided to buy it. After four orders, he immediately smiled, "Then I'll wrap it up for you? It's four hundred and twenty in total, you see?"

"Well, do you have quilts here?" Shen Ling asked again.

Han Shi pulled Shen Ling's arm and whispered with a blushing face, "I'll make the quilt!" The quilt is better than clothes, so he should be able to do it. Should be no big problem!

"It's okay." Shen Ling ignored Han Shi's words. He felt that if Han Shi didn't know how to sew, he would definitely not be able to do this. At that time, there will be one more piece of cotton here and one less, and the quilt is crooked and can't be covered. It's better to buy it.

"Of course there is!" The guy was even more happy. "Is it for home use? Is it for errands or common use?"

"Commonly used." Shen Ling said.

"Okay, I'll get it for you, you can sit down and wait." The man walked briskly to the place where the quilts were placed and hugged a stack. The quilts were piled above his head and stacked on the counter. , take a look."

Shen Ling picked out two large quilts of about two hundred quilts and said, "How much is the total?"

"A total of eight hundred and forty-five quilts." The man became more and more happy.

"Don't get a discount for buying so much? Eight hundred cents!"

"This..." The guy was a little stunned, this discount is a bit big!

"The store owner, we had no grievances and no enmity just now, and you chased us once, but we still came in to do your business, and we didn't go to other stores, you see..." Shen Ling turned to the boss's position with a smile.

The shop owner put down the account book in his hand. His eyes were a little unsteady, but his expression was still stable. He hadn't seen one purchase in the past year, and he spent nearly a tael of silver in less than a quarter of an hour. Although It's not as good as the big families who buy dozens of taels at a time, but their stores are mainly for ordinary people's business, and it's really hard to see such a big business in normal times.

The shop owner bowed his hands to Shen Ling, "Little brother, I have just offended you. The guy has eyes and can't understand gold inlaid jade. I'm here to apologize to you.

" There are really a lot of things, I just bought so much at once, please ask the store owner to give a little discount!" Shen Ling was even more humble.