Chapter 107

"Do you have a bad relationship with your family?" Xiao San asked indifferently, but when Shen Ling looked up, he saw that there was a trace of curiosity hidden in his expression that could not be concealed, and a hint of the same meaning as you and me.

Mu Hongyuan felt the same way, looking at Shen Ling with curiosity.

Shen Ling sighed, "It's nothing, it's just that I had a serious illness before, and was separated from my family when I was about to die. Later, I fought for my life and survived, and I lost touch with my family, so I just walked around as an ordinary relative. "

Xiao San nodded and didn't ask any more questions, but Mu Hongyuan was puzzled, "Why are you being separated out when you are dying? If you are dying, shouldn't the leaves return to their roots?"

Shen Ling thought for a while, Said: "There is a rule in our hometown. Only those who have established a family and established a business are not considered premature deaths after death, and are eligible to enter the ancestral tomb to receive incense, so my family married me Xiao Shishi and separated me." Shen Ling didn't want to. To mention more of those past events, it is only a rough description.

Mu Hongyuan nodded, although he was still puzzled, but Shen Ling looked like he didn't want to talk about this topic anymore, so he stopped.

The next day, Mu Hongyuan went back to Mu Mansion, saying that he was going to visit his next family, but Shen Ling felt that he would not be able to come back, not to mention Mu Mansion Terrace, even Mrs. Mu and Mrs. Mu would not let Mu Hong go back. Far away from home, I live outside.

When Xiao San saw Mu Hongyuan going out, he muttered in relief: "It's finally quiet."

Shen Ling turned around and added, "He'll be back in the afternoon!" He knew the situation of the Mu family and guessed Mu Hongyuan. I can't come back, but Xiao San shouldn't know! The meaning of what he said was actually somewhat tentative. He wanted to know how powerful the Third Prince was in Huaizhou, how much he could inquire about, and whether he could compete with Mufutai in court.

If it is possible, then this third prince is really interesting. He can actually insert so many secrets in the crown prince's territory. If Huaizhou has such a big power, does that mean that the prince's other sites also have so many secrets? son?

Xiao San rolled his eyes at Shen Ling, "There are two women in the house, so it's strange to come back." Xiao San stood up and entered the room, the house finally belonged to him, it was great.

Knowing that the two mistresses of the Mu family love Mu Hongyuan very much, this dark son is definitely not just an ordinary little scribe! Shen Ling thought to himself.

It didn't take long for Shen San to bring Shen's mother to the door. He said yesterday that he would bring Shen's mother here to visit, and Shen Ling was waiting for him!

"Mother, third brother." Shen Ling greeted the door with a smile. Although Xiao San's identity was high, the window paper was not pierced in the end. When someone from the family came, he had to come out to meet him, so he accompanied Shen Ling to greet him.

"Aunt Shen, brother Shen." Xiao San nodded slightly.

"Hello, Young Master Xiao." Shen San nodded slightly and saluted Xiao San, and looked around again, as if he was looking for someone, but he didn't find him, so he withdrew his gaze.

Mother Shen raised her eyes and saw Shen Ling's courtyard, and said, "How much does it cost! An inch of land in Huaizhou is worth a lot of money, and you can buy so much land with your money. How can you buy such a good courtyard? Just renting one at the foot of the city wall is not enough, why waste so much money?"

"It's okay, mother, it was Mr. Mu who helped me find it. It's very cheap." Shen Ling didn't want the Shen family to know his wealth, so he simply pushed Mu On Hongyuan.

"He's been really kind to you. It's been a year, and you guys are getting closer."

"Yes! Young Master Mu is a good man." Shen Ling nodded.

In the yard, Shen Ling had already sent out two servants and asked them to go to the wine shop to help for a day. There is no need to come back today, but two servants, a man and a woman, were left to serve Han Shi and take care of the kitchen room, and wait for Shen's mother to see Shen Ling. Shen Ling hurriedly explained, "Han Shi was born, we didn't know anything when we were young, so we hired someone to take care of it."

Mother Shen thought thoughtfully, "You are really developed, I don't know why. What do you do for a living?"

Shen Ling didn't answer, took the two to the main room, and asked the servants to prepare meals. Han Shi slowly walked towards this side with Zhao Fu in his arms. The person Han Shi was most afraid of all these years was his mother-in-law's sister-in-law. , and this is the mother-in-law. It can be said that most of the hardships he has suffered have been eaten by these two people. Even if it is different now, the fear in his bones is still difficult to disperse.

"I've seen... I've seen my mother." Han Shi trembled and bowed to Mother Shen, looking like a quail, huddled in a ball with the child in his arms.

Shen Ling frowned, he knew that Han Shi was afraid of his cheap mother, but he didn't know he was so afraid.

"Well, what about the child, come and take a look." Mother Shen raised her head and said, and then she saw the clothes on Han Shi's body. Although Han Shi had deliberately changed it, it was still a good fabric without any patches. Smooth, like satin.

Mother Shen looked down at herself, and then at the clothes on Shen San. There was not much money at home, and the rest had to be reserved for Shen San's exams in Beijing. There are still hundreds of taels of silver in the family, but they can't bear to spend it, so the Shen family is now worse than before.

Mother Shen coughed twice, but did not take the blessing from Han Shi. Seeing Mother Shen distracted, Han Shi didn't know what she was thinking and did not continue to recruit blessings, so she withdrew her hand and stood aside.

"Shen Er! I think your life is getting better and better. Now that you have a son, this is your blessing. You must live a good life in the future, you know?"

"Yes, mother." Shen Ling answered lightly.

"Hey, my son has grown up and has his own small family, and he doesn't want to care about his father and mother. As soon as he goes out, he doesn't return for a year, and he doesn't even send a letter back. Isn't this digging the heart of his mother? "Mother Shen patted her chest.

Shen Ling didn't go up to stop it, but said lightly: "It's just that there are too many things, and I haven't found a person to send the letter for a while, so I haven't sent the letter, and, isn't this coming back? I was planning to bring it with me. Han Shi is going home to visit your old man!"

"I don't care if you look at me or not, and I don't expect anything from you. Zuo just thinks about the harmony between your brothers, help each other, and live a good life."

Shen Lingdao "Mother, you are right."

"That's right, Shen Er! When this exam is over, your brother will be on the list, and then you will go to the exam. You know, our family doesn't have much money, and now you are too. After all, if your younger brother becomes an official, it will also be the honor of our family."

"Okay, when the third younger brother is examined, I will give you 10 taels of silver. The third brother is a entanglement." Shen Ling raised his head, what could be solved with money was nothing.

Shen San cupped his hands to Shen Ling, "Thank you, second brother."

Shen Ling felt that Shen San had changed a lot this year, and he thought that Shen San would definitely treat him like an enemy when he saw him again, but as a result, Shen San seemed to be nothing. Calling the second brother affectionately, I have never heard such an affectionate address before, is it because of Mu Hongyuan? But Shen San should also have heard that Mu Hongyuan himself couldn't pass the Xiucai exam, and naturally he couldn't help him.

Anyway, he can give out the small money, as long as it dangles in front of him from time to time, which is annoying, he can accept it, and as for the rest, he will not do anything.

The food in the main room was just ordinary chicken, duck and fish, and there was no delicious food, but for ordinary people, it was already a good meal for entertaining guests. , The Shen family is now more and more frugal, and it has been a long time since the meat and fishy food. Seeing the food on the table, Shen's mother was too happy to eat.

Xiao San originally wanted to move his chopsticks, but was put off by Mother Shen's eating, and in the end he just ate the rice silently.

Han Shi held the rice and ate silently like a quail. Shen Ling put a few chopsticks and dishes into Han Shi's bowl from time to time in distress. Mother Shen saw that Han Shi actually served the table, and Shen Ling put the meat dishes in Han Shi's bowl. In the middle of the night, he suddenly became a little dissatisfied, "Shen Er! Shouldn't my daughter-in-law eat on the stove? How can she serve the table? Besides, she is eating with the guests of the little aunt.

" Forgetting the rules in the Shen family, hearing Yan subconsciously stood up and went to the kitchen, Shen Ling pulled a hand, paused, and thought for a while before saying: "Then go to the kitchen to eat! Let the servants give it to you. Cook some porridge."

There are a lot of good things hidden in the kitchen, chicken, duck and fish are not very good in Shen Ling's opinion, and Han Shi can eat more comfortably in the kitchen, and he doesn't care about Shen's mother.

Xiao San raised his eyes and looked at Shen Ling. He knew that there were good things in the kitchen. Shen Ling also bought some seafood at a high price and kept them there! He also wanted to go to the kitchen, at least not to eat rice grains here, but he had no reason to go! Xiao San glanced at the direction of the kitchen and continued to sit here counting grains of rice.

Mother Shen finally finished her meal, wiped her mouth and put down the bowls and chopsticks, and praised: "It's delicious, I haven't eaten such a good meal in a long time, I used to eat meat and vegetables often, but now, alas... Shen Er! You don't Knowing what the family is like, your mother's life has been miserable! Your sister was also engaged last year, and a large amount of dowry is going to go out. With the help of your brothers, but, you know the boss, you are lazy, and you, the third child has not yet learned, where is the money, and finally you have to point to you."

Shen Lingdao: "It's not that you have already done it. Have you made a marriage appointment? Have you received the dowry gift if you want to come? So, why don't you give your sister's dowry gift to her as a dowry, and I'll give you something and give twenty taels of silver to give your sister a wedding, okay?"

The girl's family has always worked hard in this world. Although Shen Ling didn't even have much impression of his cheap girl, he was willing to give up a few dozen taels of silver, but he was not willing to be calculated by Shen's mother. If everything makes Mother Shen get her wish, then there will be no end.

He simply asked the Shen family to return the betrothal gift and make a dowry for the cheap girl. Then he came out to pay a little more money, and the order must not be wrong, so that the Shen family lost the betrothal gift and could not get his money. That's right.

Mother Shen really choked, "How can anyone return the betrothal gift, the betrothal gift is for the mother's family, I support such a big girl, and the co-author can't even see the betrothal gift?!"

Shen Ling frowned, "Mother Don't you feel sorry for your sister! I feel sorry for you! My daughter's dowry is too much, so I will have confidence in my husband's family in the future, don't you?"

"Isn't that counting on your brothers! What kind of dowry is calculated." Shen's mother was not satisfied the way.

Shen Ling smiled, "Mother, I thought you just didn't like me, but it looks like you don't like anyone except the third brother."

Shen's mother suddenly became anxious, "What do you say, you are all me. Born, who doesn't hurt me?!"

Shen Ling deliberately irritated the other party, ran over to pretend to be a close family, and even ate the meal without thinking of hugging Zhaofu and bringing Zhaofu a greeting. I was thinking about coming here to make money, but I went out once, what should I do next time I come to the door?