Chapter 30

Shen Ling put down all the work at hand and began to concentrate on reviewing the poetry and books. Everything was handed over to Han Shi and others. Li Zheng didn't say anything after learning that Shen Ling also reported to Tong Sheng, he just had someone send him one. A stack of papers and a writing brush were used as encouragement, not much, but it also showed a positive attitude.

No matter whether there are more children or scholars in the village, it is a political achievement and honor for Li Zheng, but what he sent to the Shen family's old house was a complete set of pen, ink, paper and inkstone, which shows that he attaches great importance to Shen San.

Shen Ling occasionally went out to breathe, and the frequency of being surrounded by people in the village was also much greater. Some women leaned against each other and muttered. When Shen Ling saw it, she simply walked over, smiled and said softly: "Several aunties. What is my sister-in-law talking about here?"

"It's nothing, nothing." Several people laughed flatteringly, and some couldn't help but ask; "I heard that you know the son of the Futai family, can he protect you from the Tongsheng exam?"

"My aunt said What! If you say this, if the Futai son hears it, it will not be good to ask the aunt, and if the time comes, the clan will be burdened."

Several people's faces turned pale, and quickly waved, "How can there be! We didn't say anything. I 've said that."

Shen Ling smiled and nodded, "Actually, I have nothing to do with the young master of the Futai family, but when I saw him being injured by a wild beast, I helped him and took him to the inn on the way. , No, he asked his servants to help me tidy up the land, if I really have any great kindness to him, I can still live in the village?" After

a few people thought, this is indeed the truth, if it is true The relationship with the son of the Futai family is very good. Shen Er went to live in the town long ago, and even went to the city. Why is he still in the village? It seems that there is really no special relationship between the two of them. Several people are a little disappointed. , that this is not what they imagined.

However, some people still asked unwillingly, "Did that young master not give you a thank you? I heard that the wealthy and noble people will give you a reward, and it will be enough for us to eat for a lifetime."

"Yes! My land is, it's all spent."

Shen Ling completely pushed the matter of buying new land to Mu Hongyuan. Anyway, he also needed to explain the origin of the money, and Mu Hongyuan happened to be in the tank.

That's it! Everyone was even more disappointed. Shen Ling spent a lot of money to buy the land. Everyone saw this and laughed at him secretly. Whoever has money doesn't save it by himself, but spends it so lavishly. Yes, what a waste! Let's see what they will raise when they have a baby.

"Then, I heard that your third brother is going to take the exam for Xiucai, so are you going too?"

"I'm not taking the exam for Xiucai, it's Tongsheng." Shen Ling explained.

One of the older women disagreed and said, "Why are you wasting this money! Your third brother is going to be a talented scholar. It's like going through the motions, how about you? Isn't this a waste of money? If you have the time to take care of the chickens yourself, you can also hire someone to make a chicken coop to see the venue. How much does it cost! You can do it yourself! You don't want to do it yourself, isn't there Han Shi? He is a good hand at work, he used to do all the work of the Han family by himself, what's wrong with making some chicken coops to feed the chickens? What a waste." A cold look

flashed in Shen Ling's eyes, but it was not aimed at this. A woman who maintains her seniority, but what she meant in her words, Han Shi did all the work of the Han family alone? What a great uncle!

The corners of Shen Ling's mouth raised a smile, but there was no warmth at all, and several people couldn't see it. They continued to babble, as if they had finally found a topic that they could dig deeper into, and people kept interjecting to express their approval.

"Yes! From Shen Er's family, tell me, we are all from the countryside, and we have never been to a school. Can this test be enough to know a few words? If this boy is so good in the test, what is my mother's nephew doing? Do you want to be a shopkeeper, not to take the exam?"

"Yes, yes." Everyone nodded, thinking that Shen Ling was a waste of money.

Shen Ling smiled, "It's alright, I'll just take the test, what if I pass the test? After all, I'm also the elder brother of Shen San, what if I get his light? When he is admitted to Xiucai, I will be admitted to Tongsheng. It's a good thing!"

Several people glanced at each other, but didn't speak, and some pouted in disapproval, anyway, no matter what Shen Ling said, they didn't believe that Shen Er, who had not attended school for a day, could be admitted to Tong Sheng , If this allows him to be admitted, then what will their relatives, those relatives and nephews who can only go out to be apprentice shopkeepers when they go to school? Are they all stupid?

Shen Ling didn't explain it. Seeing that everyone didn't want to talk to him any more, he turned around and went back.

"Second Brother Shen." Shen Jiamei didn't know when she came over, but Shen Ling stopped and turned to look at the person who came.

Shen Jiamei was holding a washing basin, with a wooden hairpin on her head, wearing a long skirt, with a smile on her face, her eyes seemed a bit complicated, Shen Jiamei never thought about it, but in just a month or two, Shen Er actually had After such an earth-shaking change, at the very beginning, she was still laughing at Chen Qiaoer's crush on Shen Er, her bad eyesight, and wasting her time in vain was a joke, but she didn't think that in such a short time, Shen Er had already turned over, and the blue brick house at home was a joke. It's almost finished, there are still two yards, full of chickens and ducks, and I know the son of Futai, and I have to take the Tongsheng test!

This is really turning over!

Shen Ling thought for a while, this is not the pair that I saw when I was selling Spring Festival couplets, it was clearly the one who looked like a man, but it was the one who acted like a woman.

Shen Ling subconsciously took two steps back, this kind of visual sense of the approaching shemale, as expected, Han Shi, who has been wearing men's clothes, is more cute.

Shen Jiamei didn't seem to notice, and still said enthusiastically: "Second brother Shen wants to go back? Let's go together!"

Shen Ling couldn't refuse, but kept a distance, seemed to think of something, and asked suspiciously: "Are we going to stop by? ?"

Shen Jiamei stiffened for a moment, then smiled happily, "I'm going to visit Aunt Cui's house."

"Oh." Shen Ling stopped talking.

Seeing that they were getting further and further away from the women behind her, Shen Jiamei suddenly said in a low voice, "Someone framed you for selling Spring Festival couplets."

Shen Ling paused, "Who?" It was rumored that his Spring Festival couplets were written by Shen San, which finally led to a series of events. If it were not malicious, who would deliberately say that the Spring Festival couplets he sold were written by Shen San? !

"It's the aunt of your sister-in-law's family. She spread it all over the place, as well as Chen Qiao'er. He fell in love with you, and later inquired about you, knowing that your illness was unclear and your family was poor, so he was so embarrassed that he talked about you outside."

Shen Ling's memory Fortunately, when Shen Jiamei mentioned it, he remembered who these two were, and said, "How do you know?"

"I know Chen Qiaoer! He said everywhere that of course I know. As for your sister-in-law's natal family, I heard it too, but it's probably her." Shen Jiamei said weakly, making an innocent and sincere gesture.

"Why did you tell me? Don't you and Chen Qiao'er know each other?"

"I can't stand him anymore. He is so high up all day and looks like no one looks down on him, second brother Shen! You're not funny, she didn't see him before. I'm on you, now, I like you again!" Shen Jiamei had a bit of teasing, he didn't believe that Shen Er could have a good impression on Chen Qiaoer after hearing him say that, if Chen Qiaoer really tried his best to ask Being with Shen Er, you can watch a good show, and then you can lose face.

Shen Jiamei's eyes were a little excited, Shen Ling saw it clearly, and had to sigh, even Shuang'er can really show the demeanor of a woman's intrigue, which is obviously jealous of Chen Qiao'er, and want to use him as a raft! However, he felt that what Shen Jiamei said should be true. At least, he guessed that there was also his aunt, Chen Qiaoer, who was his eldest sister-in-law. Personally, it won't cause trouble all over the city.

"I see, thank you for telling me." Shen Ling nodded.

"Second brother Shen, Chen Qiao'er is so good-looking! Don't you mind that she scolds you behind your back and looks at her face?" Shen Jiamei said suspiciously, how can she be so calm? It was completely different from what she had imagined.

"How can there be! Chen Qiao'er is not as beautiful as you!" Shen Ling opened his eyes and said nonsense: "It's just that he is a twin, I can't say anything, anyway, I have a good idea." It

was the first time that Shen Jiamei was praised that she was better than Chen Qiaoer She was pretty, and she smiled and said with a smile, "It's good if you understand it in your heart."

After Shen Ling said goodbye to Shen Jiamei, she returned home, put everything Shen Jiamei said behind her head, and concentrated on preparing for the exam. honorable treatment.

Mother Shen held a bowl of egg drop soup and knocked gently on the door and walked into Shen San's study. Shen San looked up and said nothing. Mother Shen had already taken the initiative to put the bowl on the corner of Shen San's desk, her face almost Laughter has become a flower. She has been treated differently in the village these days. Everyone knows that her son is going to be a scholar, and he will be tested in a few years. Even the master said that he was guaranteed. She will be an old lady by then, how can she not make her smile.

"San'er, drink some soup and then read the book! Make up more, and then you can get a good ranking."

"Thank you mother, I'll drink it later." Shen San said expressionlessly, the book in his hand has actually been gone for a long time. Turning the page, he was afraid, he was really afraid that he would fail the test.

"Oh, well, you have to read the book! Tell your mother what you want to eat, and she won't bother you anymore."

"Well." Shen San nodded.

Outside the study, his youngest nephew Shen Niu suddenly cried for some unknown reason, and his mouth was immediately covered, so he could only make a muffled sound. Shen San clearly heard his sister-in-law's scolding in a low voice outside, "Stop howling, carefully disturb your third uncle's reading, if it affects his exam, see if I won't slap your ass."

Shen Niu's cry was low . When he got down, he became weak and inaudible. Shen San withdrew his attention and tried to concentrate on the book, but he felt that the book in front of him seemed to weigh thousands of pounds, which made him feel breathless.