Chapter 33

Outside Mu Hongyuan's room, the old lady Mu was sitting in the yard, wearing a brown-red fur cloak, holding a delicate hand stove in her hand. Seeing Shen Ling coming in, she nodded slightly towards Shen Ling, the yard was brightly lit, The whole yard was illuminated like daytime, and servants were standing everywhere, but they were all silent with their heads down.

Shen Ling paused and turned to look at Han Shi, "Otherwise, you can go back first, I'll go alone, it will be very slow."

Seeing the battle in the yard, Han Shi shook his head desperately and grimaced. He pouted and looked at Shen Ling, what if Shen Ling was bullied inside? How could he go back alone? !

Shen Ling could only turn to Mu Wu, "Take care of it, please remind him to eat when he is eating."

"Yes." Mu Wu's expression became more solemn.

"Hello, old lady, it's early in the morning, I'm disturbing your old man's rest." Shen Ling didn't need to guess, he knew who was sitting in the yard like a Lafayette.

The old lady Mu raised a smile, "Young Master Shen is here, I'm fine, I'm getting older, I don't sleep much, and I'm worried about the second kid, just come and see, Master Shen just do his own thing, don't worry about me, wait for things. Now, I must treat Mr. Shen well."

"Old lady is very polite." As Shen Ling was speaking, another group of people came to the door. The one in the front was a beautiful middle-aged woman dressed in wealth. It was Mu Hong. The far mother is right.

The woman came over and said a thousand blessings to the old lady, "Daughter-in-law has seen mother, mother, you are well."

"It's okay, the second boy is like this, how can I get better? No, it's early in the morning. Just come and see."

A trace of embarrassment flashed across the middle-aged woman's face, but she didn't say anything, so she stood quietly. The old lady didn't tell the servant to bring another stool, she just let her stand, Shen Ling couldn't control it. The other party's family affairs, looked at Mu Wu worriedly, Mu Wu nodded slightly, and stood by Han Shi's side, not far away, Mu San Gong suddenly walked towards Han Shi, "Which family are you from? Why haven't I seen you before, I'm Mu Hongjin, the third son of the Mu family."

Han Shi panicked, Mu Wu hurriedly answered, "Second son, this is Young Master Shen's husband, and his name is Han Shi. , I'm rather shy."

"Oh." Mu Hongjin nodded, stood beside him, and said, "I'm here to accompany you! I'll take you to dinner later.

" Thank you... Xie Third Young Master." Han Shi nodded and said, very at a loss.

Shen Ling felt that the third son seemed to want to take care of Han Shi, so he didn't care. He took out the white coat from the package and put it on over the clothes. He also brought a homemade mask, gloves and hood. In front of the door, Mrs. Qing was holding hands. While standing, Shen Ling didn't smell anything this time, so she ignored her, pushed open the door to go in, and suddenly Mrs. Qing followed her to the threshold.

Shen Ling stopped, "What's the matter? You want to come in too?"

"I..." Mrs. Qing lowered her head weakly, "I'll accompany the second son! If there is anything, I can also help, I..." Qing Madam bowed her head, looking like an infatuated woman who was deeply in love and worried, and wished to stay by her lover's side all the time.

Shen Ling glanced at Madam Qing, "Take off the headdress, wrap your hair, and come back in clean white clothes."

Madam Qing froze, and before she had time to say anything, the old lady behind her had already said, "Since this is the case. Trouble, just go back and rest! These days, you are very tired of taking care of the second boy, and it is not yet bright! You can still go back to sleep, and Young Master Shen can be alone, so don't join in the fun."

When Mrs. Qing heard the words, she quickly turned around and gave a respectful salute, "Yes."

Shen Ling stepped into the door and closed the door. Mu Hongyuan's entire room seemed to be wrapped in white cloth. At the place, Mu Hongyuan was already awake, staring at the white cloth above his head to cover the roof in a daze, seeing Shen Ling coming in, he rarely seemed happy, but asked nervously: "Little brother! Does it hurt? I had a dream last night that when you sewed the wound for me, it was very painful. I woke up in pain and you knocked me out. Does it hurt to remove the stitches too?"

"You are dreaming! What am I? Time knocked you out." Shen Ling said gently.

"Really not? I vaguely seem to remember that there is."

"You have a dream after you fainted, confusing your dream with reality."

That's it! Mu Hongyuan put down his snacks a little, Shen Ling had already taken out a wet towel from the wooden box and put it on Mu Hongyuan's nose and mouth, and smiled softly: "Good, just sleep."

Mu Hongyuan felt that he suddenly My whole body became numb, and I wanted to close my eyelids uncontrollably. In the end, I only saw Shen Ling's smiling face, and I was completely unconscious.

Shen Ling pinched his wrists, took out a series of utensils that Mu Wu had placed on the table, first unbuttoned Mu Hongyuan's clothes, wiped the wound with spirits, and then took the small silver scissors and moved towards Mu Hongyuan. go. After nearly an hour, Mu Wu suddenly whispered

outside, "Young Master Shen, Young Master Shen, can you hear me? Do you want something to eat? Do you want to come out first?"

He threw the white cloth into the basin, turned his head and said, "No need, just give me another hour."

There was no sound outside, and Shen Ling continued to carefully remove the surgical thread on Mu Hongyuan's body and threw it into the basin. Hongyuan's wound healed well, and the layer under the surgical line was almost sticky and healed, but he still couldn't move a lot, otherwise it would still crack.

Shen Ling rinsed off the spirits on the wound with boiled cold white water, then took out the small porcelain bottle in the package, dipped the spiritual spring with gauze, lightly smeared a layer on the wound, and began to apply medicine and bandage.

It was not until noon that Shen Ling walked out of the room with a tired face. The old lady of the Mu family was still there. Shen Ling looked up at the sky, it was noon! It really hurts my grandson enough!

"Mr. Shen, how is Yuan'er?" Mrs. Mu was also there. Seeing Shen Ling coming out, still covered in blood, she hurried over to ask.

"It's alright, don't worry, I'm a little tired and want to take a break. I'll change the dressing for Mr. Mu in the past two days. Don't remove the dust cloth for the time being."

"Yes, yes." Mrs. Mu nodded quickly.

Han Shi trotted over and wanted to take away the bloody clothes on Shen Ling's body and put them away for washing. Shen Ling said, "It's okay, just throw it away if you don't need it.

" It's weird, after all, a person dressed in luxurious clothes really has an indescribable sense of disobedience to serve the Shen Ling who is still in coarse clothes next to him.

After Shen Ling said goodbye to Mrs. Mu, she returned to his room. Mu Wu had already had the food delivered to his room. After a few mouthfuls, Shen Ling slumped on the bed and rested. Before dawn, he was awakened to remove the surgical line. Even if the lights were on, the room would not be as bright as noon. He felt that his eyes were going blind. Is it in such a hurry? Shen Ling sighed and used the remaining spiritual spring water in the bottle to compress his eyes.

It wasn't until the afternoon that Shen Ling got up from the bed to read. He was really about to take the exam. Han Shi sat next to him, holding Shen Ling's brush while writing and playing, and by the way, he stayed by Shen Ling's side. Outside the door, Mu Wu suddenly rushed in and said anxiously: "Master Shen, my son woke up, and he said he was in pain."

The strength of the anesthesia was painful, and Shen Ling said, "Then let me go and have a look!

" Um."

When Shen Ling arrived at Mu Hongyuan's house, he faced old Mrs. Mu, Mrs. Mu and the others. This time, Mrs. Qing was rarely absent, but Mr. Mu was in the house, and when she saw Shen Ling coming, she even hit him call.

"Lord Futai." Shen Ling cupped his hands.

Mu Futai frowned, and quickly waved his hand to let Shen Ling look at Mu Hongyuan's wound. Mu Hongyuan was lying on the bed humming, and the two ladies next to him frowned in distress. After Shen Ling passed, the two gave up their seats.

"Let me take a look at the wound for you?" Shen Ling said.

Seeing Shen Ling coming, Mu Hong hurriedly said: "Little brother, I didn't feel any pain at first, I just felt empty, there were a lot of holes in my body, and I didn't dare to move, I always felt that the hole would crack if I moved it. It feels completely different, but then it hurts more and more, it hurts more and more."

"Don't dare to move, the wound is just sticking together and growing flesh, what should you do if you move the wound open? As for the pain , I used some anesthesia, and it will naturally hurt after the strength of the anesthetic wears off, but I'll take a look first!"

Shen Ling untied Mu Hongyuan's gauze, Mrs. Mu had already turned around to wipe her tears, and the servant in the room They all bowed their heads, and the old lady Mu was supported by the maid and stood a little further away, but her cloudy eyes were still staring at Mu Hongyuan's direction, and she didn't know if she could see clearly. Shen Ling observed it carefully for a while, confirmed that Mu Hongyuan was intact, and tied the gauze again, "It's okay, take good care of it, how can it not hurt? Don't move! Remember, don't move!"

"Then what should I do when I go to the toilet?" Mu Hongyuan said anxiously.

Shen Ling looked up at him, "Stop moving, try to be by the bedside, just like I used to take care of you."

"Oh." Mu Hongyuan nodded, and Mrs. Mu had already answered, "Just beside the bed, Anyway, someone is waiting for you."

Mu Futai asked, "Is my son all right?"

"Yes, my lord, as long as you take good care of it, you'll be fine." Shen Ling said respectfully.

"That's good, I'll trouble you, sir, I heard that you are going to take the child's birth exam this time? I wonder if there is anything I can help you?" Mu Futai said gently.

"Everything is fine, thank you sir for your concern." Shen Ling cupped her hands.

"Who said it's okay, little brother, you promised me to help me get rid of the scar." Mu Hongyuan said loudly.

Shen Ling turned his head and said, "To remove the scar, at least wait for the wound to heal before removing the scar. Don't worry now."

Mu Futai looked at Mu Hongyuan and said, "Take care of yourself! Man, what's wrong with the scar on your body? ?" Mu Hongyuan silently closed his mouth and stopped talking, Mu Futai turned to Shen Ling, "There is a master in my house who has been in the jury and is teaching my three sons to study, if there is any problem with Shen Gongzi , you might as well ask."

"Thank you, sir, Shen Ling is thinking about writing an article and doesn't know who to review it!"

Mu Futai nodded, "Since it's all right, I'll go first, there are still some things to be busy with ."

"Congratulations, sir." A crowd of people in the room saluted.

Since there is nothing to do, Shen Ling has to leave. Mrs. Mu asked Mu Wu to come out to see him off, but Shen Ling did not refuse. On the way, Mu Wu kept following Shen Ling and introduced the scenery of the mansion to Shen Ling. Shen Ling suddenly He interrupted: "Is there another eldest son in your house? I've never seen it before!"

Mu Wu smiled and said, "The eldest son is studying in Guozijian, and he usually doesn't come back when he's okay."

"That's it!" Shen Ling Nodding his head, "Your house is really talented, and the second son and the third son are also so good."

Mu Wu nodded, "Yes." But he didn't say much. He didn't have the qualifications to judge whether the second son was excellent, but the third son was excellent, but he was a double son, so he couldn't be casually discussed by outsiders, and he didn't want to talk to someone who might look at him. When the third young master talked about him, he changed his words and said, "Why don't I send Master Shen to see the master and recognize the way?"

"Thanks a lot then." Shen Ling said casually.

After seeing the master, Shen Ling wrote a few essays for the exam when he went back, and showed it to the master. The teachers did their best, which benefited Shen Ling a lot.

After a few days, it was time for the exam. Mu Wu personally sent Shen Ling to the exam room. After getting along with each other these days, Shen Ling gradually discovered Mu Wu's special status in the Mu Mansion. The meaning of the half servant, if I ask him to send him the test in person, Shen Ling is really a little puzzled.

"Mu Wu, you are usually so busy, and there are so many servants in the Mu residence, can you just find someone to take me off?" Shen Ling sat in the carriage with a basket full of exam supplies beside him, smiling.

"Young Master Shen is very polite, you are an honored guest of Mu Mansion, that is my duty, of course I have to pick it up in person." Mu Wu smiled.

Shen Ling didn't say any more, until he got off the carriage and was sent into the examination room by Mu Wu, only then did Mu Wu turn around and return. Shen Ling was a little puzzled, unable to figure out why Mu Wu was so positive towards him.

Some of the children in the Tongsheng exam were about ten years old. The youngest was only seven or eight years old. He remembered that Shen San got the Tongsheng when he was about ten years old. So I firmly believe that he can pass the exam, but I don't know how he is doing in another exam room at the moment? Will the pressure be too great because the villagers trust him? The ancients may have no concept of these things, but Shen Ling knows that if the pressure is too great, it is easy to perform abnormally in the exam.

The yamen invigilating the exam had already come over to check Shen Ling's back basket, Shen Ling quickly calmed down and stood aside.

After Mu Wu went back, he went to talk to the old lady Mu, saying that he saw Shen Ling enter the examination room with his own eyes. Mrs. Mu nodded, her aging eyelids drooping without any elasticity, "When the exam is over, you can pick it up again. We can't let Young Master Shen leave our sight for a moment until the second kid is completely fine."

"Yes, you Don't worry, I have a plan in my heart!" Mu Wu said respectfully.

"Mu Wu! Did the third boy go to see you recently?"

Mu Wu raised his head, "The third son is attached to the second son, so he often comes to me to inquire about the news of the young master Shen. There is nothing else."

Mrs. Mu Said: "Actually it's nothing, it's just that you are all grown up. When you were young, the three boys chased after you and called you brother. After all, you grew up together, but the three boys will gradually become adults. , Although Shuang'er is not stricter than women's rules, but what should be followed is still to be followed. After all, the children of our family will enter the right family in the future, and it will be bad if it is not heard well. You have to remember that he It's Shuang'er, but also the master, understand?"

"Mu Wu understands."

"You understand, I still like you very much, you are much stronger than your father, and you manage well from top to bottom, I'll leave it to you. I have never done anything wrong, magpie, and reward Mu Wuyi with silver."

"Yes." The woman in red next to him gave a respectful salute, turned and went into Mrs. Mu's bedroom and took out a coin. The silver was handed over to Mu Wu.

Mu Wu squeezed the ten taels of silver in his hand, and his joints were a little white because of the excessive force, but he respectfully knelt down and said, "Thank you old lady for the reward."

"Well, let's go!"

"Yes."

Wait until Mu Wu After leaving, Mrs. Mu raised her eyelids, looked at the magpie beside her, and asked, "Where's the so-called Lady Qing?"

The maid Magpie smiled and said a thousand blessings to the old lady Mu, "It's because the tricks I picked for my wife are not good-looking, and I was banned."

"Well, what is the name of a servant who is a madam? It's hard to think that I still want to fly. Going to the branch? The old people are not afraid that the news will block the future of the second boy, I really don't know what it is." The

magpie said gently: "This is because the old lady is not as far-sighted as the old lady! It needs a lot of teaching from the old lady. "

I'm getting old! I've been teaching for decades and I'm still like this, and I won't be able to teach in the future! Let's do what the juniors do! I don't have to worry about each one. By the way, it will be in a few days." It's Mrs. Chen's birthday, right? She even sent me a post?"

"Exactly! I'm thinking of reminding the old lady in a few days. Since the old lady asks, the servant will ask first, let's Is it just a matter of finding a mother-in-law to send the congratulations? Or which master will come to the door in person?"

"Let the wife go in person! Although the Chen family is on the same level as the eldest, he should be more cautious when interacting with his peers. Besides, the second boy is also It's time to find out about the marriage, you go and tell your wife, let her inquire, which family has a good girl, Shuang'er, no matter how good we are, we will not marry."

"Yes." Magpie saluted respectfully, and then exited the door. .

Mu Wu didn't leave at all, but sat on the railing on the side of the corridor not far away. When the magpie saw it, he simply walked towards him. Mu Wu didn't know where to find an apple that was chewing. The magpie came over and didn't speak, just looked at her.

The magpie saluted Mu Wu, "Butler Mu, the old lady said that the wife of the Chen family's birthday will be attended by the wife herself, and she will also go to find the marriage of the second son, so hurry up and prepare a suitable gift!

" Got it." Mu Wu said casually, took out a piece of silver from his arms and threw it to the magpie, who quickly caught it, "You will be rewarded."

"Thank you, Butler Mu." The magpie laughed and stuffed the silver into his sleeve. Mu Wu was the housekeeper of the Mu family from his ancestors, and was given a surname by an old grandfather. He was rich in wealth and had a detached status. Mu Wu did not look down on these 12 taels of silver, but a little girl like her did!