I Sign Over My Soul

(Y/N)'s POV

The attack had scared everybody. It sent two messages: one, that Percy was the son of the Sea God; and two, monsters would stop at nothing to kill him.

It meant bad news for me too, it fed into Zeus's paranoia about Poseidon and Hades trying to usurp him by taking his bolt and "striking when he was weak." This is probably my worst nightmare.

The next morning, Chiron moved Percy to cabin three, now I was expected to treat him like a prince just because his dad was one of the big three, and yet again, I got lectured half to death by both Chiron and Zeus.

Chiron was upset about me putting those Ares Campers in the infirmary before they could do the same to me and Zeus was still whining about his master bolt and complaining that the acquisition of a weapon with unfathomable power was taking longer than a few days.

Even Annabeth was yelling at me, telling me not to mention the giant hellhound that had rushed me like a line-backer and almost left me a scattered mess on the side of the creek.

This was not even mentioning that it was the talk of the camp and we, that being me, her, and Grover, were the only ones not talking about it. Even Percy himself looked eager to talk about it, but Annabeth put me under strict oath not to.

Why am I following her orders? She freaks me out, I feel like she's always watching me, maybe because of her invisibility cap, she always squints at me as if I was a puzzle she couldn't quite figure out, but she knew something was up, and until I know what it was, I thought it would be best to just play along.

On the plus side, the other campers steered clear of me as much as possible. Cabin eleven was too nervous to have sword class with me after what I'd done to the Ares folks in the woods, so Percy's lessons with Luke became one-on-one.

It was oddly cathartic to watch, but watching was all I could do, the puppy messed me up good, well, that, and my wrists were already badly bruised, so I had to watch Percy flail around his sword like a doofus and it was driving me insane.

After morning training and a final check-up in the infirmary, I found Grover waiting outside for me, "Wassup fuzzy britches, someone finally find the flute guy?" He frowned at me, "No, Mr D wants to see you, and Percy."

"Never say that sentence to me again, regardless of context." I said as I trudged down to meet him, He bleated, "And for your information, if someone had found Pan, it would be the talk of the camp." I nodded, "I'll take your word for it."

"How did he get lost anyway? Do you think he just found a really big field to chew on?" Grover didn't appreciate that, "I'm about to leave a hoofprint on your butt. Now go to the Big House. They're waiting."

There was a storm brewing, and not metaphorical one, it came in the night and had been swirling above the camp all morning, everyone was just waiting for it to pass. It meant camp was chillier then it had any right to be.

At the volleyball pit, the kids from Apollo's cabin were playing a morning game against the satyrs. Dionysus's twins were walking around in the strawberry fields, making the plants grow. Everybody was going about their normal business, but they looked tense. They kept their eyes on the storm.

Despite my efforts to make it to the big house and get yelled at, it still took me half an hour to get there, I got distracted by something or other, I was halfway through a game of volleyball when Chiron came to fetch me. It's not that I didn't want to go, I just get side-tracked easily.

He and I walked up to the front porch of the Big House and Percy arrived with Grover seconds after. Dionysus sat at the pinochle table in his tiger-striped Hawaiian shirt with his Diet Coke, some things never change. Grover and Percy stood on the porch awkwardly.