I Do Some Hot Reading

(Y/N)'s POV

If it were any other day, any other circumstance, I would have absolutely dreaded the next words that came out of Zoe's mouth. They were often the bane of my existence when I was called upon to hunt troublesome monsters, but I didn't care right now.

"Permission to kill, my lady?" She asked, "Restrain him," said Artemis, Zoe seemed disappointed, but I felt her attempt to reach down and tie me up with something.

It was a silver rope, similar to her leaders, but with no magical properties whatsoever, despite this, it was incredibly durable. I was running out of time. The monster was still close enough that I could get Annabeth back.

I began to roll over and threw an elbow as I did, it would have hit her in the temple as she bent down, but she caught it in one hand "I shall not be fooled by your ruses again (Y/N), you cannot escape the justice of Olympus."

"I can still make it! LET ME GO!" I said as I tried to unfurl my wings, only for a boot to land on them and pain to go through me like a spike to the spine. I had forgotten about the arrow lodged in it. "Let go of me!" I roared.

She rolled me over so I was properly facing her, I glared, until a burning pain shot through my back, my wings were being pressed into the snow and were still damaged, I shouldn't have been lying on them.

"Let go of him!" Nico pleaded as more hunters surrounded us. Bianca glared at them and kept Nico behind her, they both looked absolutely bewildered by current events, not that I could blame them.

They had just seen their saviour attacked by random women who emerged from the woods and attacked him on sight, so I imagine they had to be kind of worried about their own safety. I used their distraction to try and free myself.

I went to pull the arrow out "Reach for that arrow again and you shall receive another, much faster than would be healthy for you." Zoe threated, "Zoe let me save her!" I said angrily, trying to kick her off me.

My power began to spill out, grass and trees that were still buried under the snow started to wither and die. I wanted to keep going, but I heard Percy's voice and remembered who I was dealing with, all my powers would do here was hurt my friends much faster than the huntresses.

His sentiments were almost an exact mirror of my own. "Annabeth!" He yelled. "You have to let us save her!" He told the surrounding huntresses, and of course, being a child of the big three, he got a much kinder and gentler response then I did.

From the lady herself no less, "I'm sorry, Percy Jackson, but your friend is beyond help." "Save her." I asked the voice, "Please!" She replied in an uncaring, but much harsher tone then Percy was subjected to.

"As you know, I cannot interfere-" "-Don't give me that! He's the monster you're hunting, and you just turned a helicopter into some birds. This is nothing! Bring her back!" Zoe's boot pressed into the crook of my neck.

"You dare interrupt my lady-" "-Shut your mouth Zoe! This doesn't concern you!" I shouted. "And why should I help a traitor?" Artemis asked, "Not for me. For her!" Artemis seemed genuinely upset, "She is beyond my reach."

"OF COURSE! Everyone's beyond the reach of the gods when they need help the most, how typical, I don't know why I expected anything  less from-" Zoe pressed down harder and I struggled to speak.

I had heard that before, and now I understood what it meant, she wasn't going to lift a finger to help Annabeth, so I had to do it alone, first I had to find a way to get up. So, I relied on a part of my powers that most days I just tuned out.

"You're going to kill me, aren't you?" I asked, "Yes, you will be transported to Olympus for your immediate execution, if you come quietly, your death shall be a swift one." She said like that incentivised me.