We Have Chaotic Dreams

(Y/N)'s POV

Bianca truly looked alive in my eyes. She looked the same as she had in life: a green cap set sideways on her thick black hair, dark eyes and olive skin like her brother. She wore jeans and a silvery jacket, the outfit of a Hunter of Artemis.

A bow was slung over her shoulder. She smiled faintly, and her whole form flickered. "Bianca," I said. My voice was thick. I'd felt guilty about her death for a long time but seeing her in front of me was five times as bad, like her death was fresh and new.

My arm ached, like it too was reminding me of my failure, bringing my attention back to the wound my father had given me when he stopped me from saving Bianca, when he stopped me doing the one truly good thing I had ever attempted.

She looked towards me, and I quickly averted my eyes, focusing my eyes at the pit we had summoned her from, I couldn't look at her. I took a moment to speak, admittedly trying to hold back tears as one of my worst memories resurfaced in my mind.

"I couldn't bring you back...I'm sorry, I failed you..." I trailed off, my voice faltering as I had to wipe my eyes. I felt a hand lift my chin up, even if there wasn't one there, and my heart twinged in pain as Bianca Di Angelo smiled at me.

"I've been waiting for you to come and see me (Y/N), I came to the doors of Elysium waiting for you, but you never showed up." She looked a little sad, I hated seeing it, "But I thought you were busy, you were with your dad."

She nodded, "My father said he would allow us to speak for a while. He said he told you." I shook my head, but that wasn't the only reason I hadn't seen her, "I tried to contact you, but...I didn't think you'd want to see me."

Her reaction wasn't the one I expected, it wasn't like the last time I had spoken to a ghost of my friend, her words weren't harsh but kind, there was a smile on her face rather than anger, and she spoke to me gently, so gently that I felt foolish for expecting anything else.

"You're too hard on yourself (Y/N), I just wanted to help you and Zoe, coming back wasn't what I wanted, and I'm happy you tried anyway. Thank you for taking care of Nico for me." I nodded, unable to form words as she moved on to speak to Percy.

I was almost bitter about it, there were so many questions I wanted to ask her, so many things that I needed to know, but I knew time was sparse. "Hello, Percy," she said. He apologised as well, saying that he hadn't taken care of her.

I remembered searching through the wreckage of the giant bronze warrior she'd sacrificed her life to defeat, and not finding any sign of her. "I'm so sorry," I said. "You have nothing to apologize for, Percy. I made my own choice. I don't regret it."

"Bianca!" Nico stumbled forward like he was just coming out of a daze. She turned toward her brother. Her expression was sad, as if she'd been dreading this moment. "Hello, Nico. You've gotten so tall." "Why didn't you answer me sooner?" he cried.

"I've been trying for months!" "I was hoping you would give up." "Give up?" He sounded heartbroken. "How can you say that? I'm trying to save you!" "You can't, Nico. Don't do this. Percy is right."

"No! He let you die! He's not your friend." Bianca stretched out a hand as if to touch her brother's face, but she was made of mist. Her hand evaporated as it got close to living skin. It was a heart-breaking sight to see, but I could help, even just a little.

Trying not to step on the moment, I drew the symbol for the gate of Hades behind my back. Then the one for the Styx, the river that forms the boundary between Earth and the Underworld. Using them to blur the lines of the area we were in.

The mark of Hades was to make sure the spell had a focus point. They were two symbols I personally had never had much use for but could be of some comfort in this case. But something went wrong. For a second a face flashed in front of my eyes.