The Trials Finally End

(Y/N)'s POV

They were waiting on me the second I stepped out of the throne room, proud of myself for what I had achieved, I must say that it put a bit of a dampener on my moment of triumph to see them.

The Fates were waiting for me, I sighed, I guess Nyx was the death of me after all. As the string was pulled I felt tense, and despite their rough treatment of me over the years, I felt like showing some appreciation. I was in a good mood after all.

I wondered what they were doing here, but as the throne room doors closed, the wounds I still had hurt once more, and I understood, after all these years, the gods had finally decided to give me the punishment I had waited for.

But I wasn't ready, not even close, there was still a list of things I wanted to do before I was gone, so as the scissors were raised to the thread, once again, I blocked them. One final time defying fate.

As they cut into my hand, just barely nicking the skin, "I'm not saying I won't go, I know I have to, but there are so many things I need to do, I need to say my goodbyes and I know it's asking for a lot, but can you just let me see it first? Please."

They looked unsure, this was the first time ever I had seen them stumped,  but as one pulled the string taught, I flinched, knowing I'd pushed my luck with fate far too many times, "For them. For her?" I pleaded. Until I felt their grip on me.

With that, the three of them all walked up to me and planted kisses of my left cheek, right cheek and forehead respectfully, I opened my eye to see that they had pulled me down to allow them to do so.

A rush of heat fell into my body and the sensation I felt was like I had been shocked by lightning. My wounds healed, my eye opened, I felt strong enough to walk out of here on my own two feet again, and I understood what it meant, I only had a short amount of time left, and it was best I used it wisely.

They shared a glance, and then a smile, nodding one time in unison, but their eyes felt to a mark, on my wrist where my father had once grabbed me, I understood it's significance now, I was marked for death.

My father had warned me that evil and dangerous spirits would have hunted down Bianca for cheating death, I was a fool if I didn't understand that the same applied for me, they were coming, and they would never stop until I was gone from this world

I pulled all three of them into one big hug, smiling as I did, "Thank you for..." I was unable to find the right words, "...Letting me live before I die." I said, walking to the elevator. Knowing there was one thing that had always been at the top of my list.

Percy's POV

Nobody steals my pegasus. Not even Rachel. I wasn't sure if I was more angry or amazed or worried. "What was she thinking?" Annabeth said as we ran for the river. Unfortunately, I had a pretty good idea, and it filled me with dread.

With the help of rainbow and some Hippocampi, we managed to make it back in record time, but as we arrived I was certain that Blackjack had beaten us here. Argus waited for us on the shore, arms crossed. Furious. "Is she here?" I asked. He nodded grimly.

"Is everything okay?" Annabeth said. Argus shook his head. We followed him up the trail. It was surreal being back at camp, because everything looked so peaceful: no burning buildings, no wounded fighters.

The cabins were bright in the sunshine, and the fields glittered with dew. But the place was mostly empty. Up at the Big House, something was definitely wrong. Green light was shooting out all the windows, just like I'd seen in my dream about May Castellan.

Mist—the magical kind—swirled around the yard. Chiron lay on a horse-size stretcher by the volleyball pit, a bunch of satyrs standing around him. Rachel Elizabeth Dare stood at the bottom of the porch steps.