I Give Sage Advice

(Y/N)'s POV

We arrived at the diner parking lot seconds after the god of war decided to quit pouting and get on his bike. He looked different though, almost older, more how you would imagine an ancient Greek god to look.

Once he got on his bike again, he looked the same as ever, and got us back in record time. Meaning he had plenty of time to deliver me some food, and we were given some good entertainment while we waited.

I say food, I think the proper term was 'junk food' that he found in a nearby gas station, I didn't get the special treatment this time. But the entertainment was great.

Not only was I able to skate around as we waited, but I got dinner and a show. The Hephaestus mark on my bracers began to glow, I got curious, worried about sudden combustion, but it began playing an Iris message from my arm.

"Oh, that looks so fun!" I said as I watched Percy shoot out of frame on a geyser of water, tied to Annabeth unless my eyes deceived me, "Are you seeing this?" I chuckled to Ares, who didn't seem too shocked.

"You knew it was a trap," I said. Ares gave me a wicked grin. I had to sit there waiting for him to stop chuckling to himself as he replayed the tape for over an hour, until I saw Annabeth, Percy and Grover all walking towards me looking miserable.

I skated to meet them, "Have fun in the tunnel of love?" I said, batting my eyelids and crossing my fingers under my chin. "Shut up." Both Annabeth and Percy said. "What did you do?" Grover asked as I circled them, I shrugged, "Fought a dragon, it was dead though."

Percy scoffed, "So an easy fight then?" I shrugged again, "I guess." Ares strode over to us, looking pleased with himself. "Bet that crippled blacksmith was surprised when he netted a couple of stupid kids. You looked good on TV."

Percy shoved his shield at him. "You're a jerk." Annabeth and Grover caught their breath. Ares grabbed the shield and spun it in the air like pizza dough. It changed form, melting into a bulletproof vest. He slung it across his back.

"See that truck over there?" He pointed to an eighteen-wheeler parked across the street from the diner. "That's your ride. Take you straight to L.A., with one stop in Vegas." "WOOO! VEGAS BABY!" I said, excitedly running up to the truck.

"Can I drive?" I asked, Ares, Annabeth and Grover all said "No!" I frowned, my heartbeat returned to its normal rate and I felt normal again.

The eighteen-wheeler had a sign on the back, which I could read only because it was reverse printed white on black, a good combination for dyslexia: "KINDNESS INTERNATIONAL: HUMANE ZOO TRANSPORT. WARNING: LIVE WILD ANIMALS."

I looked at Grover, went to open my mouth and he said, "Don't even start." I zipped my lip, Percy was less then pleased, "You're kidding." He sighed as Ares snapped his fingers. The back door of the truck unlatched.

"Free ride west, punk. Stop complaining. And here's a little something for doing the job." He slung a blue nylon backpack off his handlebars and tossed it to me. Inside were fresh clothes for all of us, twenty bucks in cash, a pouch full of golden drachmas and a bag of Double Stuff Oreos.

"Good to know I fought a dragon for twenty bucks" I thought but didn't want to seem ungrateful. Before Percy could decline, Grover interrupted, "Thank you, Lord Ares,"

"You owe me one more thing," Percy told Ares, "You promised me information about my mother." "You sure you can handle the news?" He kick-started his motorcycle. "She's not dead." He said.

My heart beat just a little faster, wishing I could have heard those words about my mother. But I was happy for Percy, who looked amazed. "What do you mean?" He asked, the excitement pouring into his voice.