I Try To Fulfil My Prophecy

(Y/N)'s POV

We tumbled towards the ground, unable to control our movement. I clasped my hands over his wings and attempted to piledrive him into the earth, It wouldn't kill him, obviously, but it would slow him down, and give me time, time to think of something I could do, some way to help her.

But in the air Thanatos broke away from me, extending his wings. "What is this?" He asked as I tried again, this time successfully binding his arms and dropping him on his head from 500 feet up.

I just had to bind him somehow, to chain him down somehow so he couldn't come for her. For now I used the shadow of Scylla to bite into his arms and wings and ground him.

But finding something to bind him long enough for my needs and for us to recover Bianca from wherever the fight had taken her was easier said then done. We fell to the earth as the sun began to crest over the horizon and day began.

The impact was painful, my body shuddered as I landed on a sand dune, which is not as soft as you would think, especially when you have a fully grown Greek god beneath you.

For a while, we wrestled in the sand, I tried to pin him down and use shadows to contain him, but he was physically stronger then me by a wide margin. I had never given it much thought, but my dad was kind of jacked.

Putting the god stuff aside, he had been doing his 'work' day and night for thousands of years, that was a lot of cardio I imagine. Which meant that my efforts to contain him were fruitless. He barely touched me, but I was pushed off him gently, he rose into the air.

"What are you doing (Y/N)? You know none can interfere with my work. This is most peculiar. I didn't even know you were here, I do not know how you managed to trick my eyes, but this foolishness cannot continue."

"You cannot escape this. You may conceal her from me, but no soul can escape my grasp. It is the truth of all living things to find itself before me in the end, this will always be the case." I wiped sand from my eyes and frowned at him.

He always talks like this when he's on the clock, or at least focusing on his work, over the years I had come to realise it was his way of distancing himself from his work.

It was like he had two different modes or something, work mode like now, where he talks all weird, and the mode I normally see him in. He looked at me with cold eyes. "Step aside (Y/N). This is not something you can divert anymore. That time has passed."

"The fates have decided she must pass on, it is foretold in prophecy. No action can prevent this." "Well the fates can go cut their own strings because their prophecy is wrong!" He looked at me, no emotion crossed his eyes as he said, "They cannot be wrong. A prophecy is never wrong."

"I know, but it's wrong! It has to be! I can't let you do this!" I said, drawing my blade, it ignited, the heat radiating off it even in the desert. "You cannot defeat me child, even if you would wish to, nothing that is ever given life can defeat me, not truly, now or ever."

I knew he was right, I was way out of my depth, even with this sudden power granted to me, there was simply no way I could stop him. He knew it just as much as I did. As sand and dust twisted around him as his wings kept him float in the air. He told me outright.

"You fight with gods only through the strength of others. By simply borrowing power. But no such power can be found within me. Ironic, that the person from which you had adopted this power is likely one of the only beings not to be affected by it."

"By stopping your heart and ceasing your life, it is true you have gained access to power that most demigods could never fathom, but you have also reached the limit of how powerful you shall grow. By embracing death you have truly become as powerful as you could ever be, and this power will not be enough to defeat me alone."