The Family Comes Together

(Y/N)'s POV

The whole world had just been turned on it's head, even from here, even though I had very little ability in sensing magic, I could feel the mist around us struggling, bending the minds of the mortals below us, trying to come to terms with the fact that the world had just gone pitch black.

I shared their sentiment, and like most of them, and the demigods all scrambling for weapons and torches, I was barely holding back my terror as the room was filled with golden, sinister eyes and horrifying laughter.

"What...the...HOW?" I screamed, I wasn't afraid yet, I was confused, how could they all suddenly appear in the middle of Olympus without any warning, with no fight from the enemy or any alarm being tripped.

Ate laughed, running her hands over her head, I turned to look at her, "Little boy, you really need to stop being so blindly trusting." My eyes immediately fell on Clovis, who shook his head. "It was you." Nyx spoke for the first time.

"You who allowed our rise, from the deepest depths-" Even in this scenario, when worst came to worst, it was a small comfort to me that Clovis muttered, "Of course it was" Under his breath as he rolled his eyes.

Now all eyes were on me, I looked at Annabeth, she tried to say something, but sounded like she was gasping for air, like words couldn't find their way out of her mouth. I turned back to Nyx. "You do remember the gift you gave me? Don't you child?" She sounded hurt.

Ate began to laugh again, I was confused, Hypnos raised a hand and a memory hit me like a dream. I was in my own shoes, remembering the scene play out in front of me in this very throne room.

In the memory, I was younger, and definitely not as calm as I had become now, I acted rashly, not thinking of the future, and it cost me. I looked at the memory of Zeus, "You know what this is. Don't you?" Holding up a playing card with magic infused into it.

There were murmurs among Olympus, but everyone understood what it was, "Good, saves me some trouble. Well, you just infused a whole lot of magic into one, I told you you'd regret your second attack."

Athena gasped, clearly understanding what I was getting at before anyone else present, I nodded, "Yep, you just channeled your power from your master bolt right into it, my last one too, what are the odds?"

"What of it?" Hermes asked, genuinely interested, "Well, I passed it on to Hemera, who will pass it onto Nyx once she finishes work tonight in a few minutes." I explained, talking slowly for Zeus's benefit.

"If my friend Geras here doesn't give her the okay she'll send it tumbling into the depths of Tartarus to be with your father, and we can count down the minutes until some monster tears it to shreds and you get stuck down there with him."

I came out of the dream feeling sick, "No..." Ate smiled at me, "Want to take a guess at what the best type of trick is?" She asked, laughing at me, my heart sank as she answered herself, mirroring my words. "A trick that you set up yourself."

I remembered Ate herself attacking the gods, I thought she was trying to defend Typhon, but she was getting their blood. My whole body felt like stone, they had planned all of this. "But it only works for one person!" I called.

It was dumb of me, I think a huge part of me just wanted this to be wrong, I didn't want to be responsible for this. "Magic can be altered." Nemesis spoke, I didn't think she would be here, she stood beside Nyx's throne.

"I told you, I would take everything from you. And I do mean, everything." She said coldly, though I could tell she wanted to be here as much as I did, she was dejected, slumped against the throne. She was just passing time.