The Stress Makes Até Crack

(Y/N)'s POV

The start of the fight was really it's peak for me, where Atè hadn't figured me out yet, it was more like a scuffle then anything, and our battle on the ground was brief. She smirked, "Don't bore me little boy." She said as the gold slashes I had inflicted faded from her.

She quickly began to fight back, not being shocked by my weapons for long, she didn't draw a weapon like I expected, or cast any spell, she just put her hands up, looking like a drunk supermodel that was ready to throw some hands, which was oddly terrifying.

I think my first advantage was the fact I actually had a weapon, whereas the goddess was still using her bare hands. She had limited reach, I had mine extended, also I continued using the same trick on her. Blinding her with the reflection on my sword.

It was early morning, and the sun was behind me, which was an advantage, Atè had been living in the darkness for so long that light hurt her eyes. Or so I was led to think at the time.

While she squinted at me, I landed another blow, as she closed in to swing at me I circled around her and slashed at her neck. Almost cutting clean through, any mortal or monster would have been done for.

It barely fazed her, a groan of more annoyance then pain escaped her lips, "Don't make me do this, you know we aren't meant to fight, just make him stop." She smirked at me, even dropping her 'fighting stance' "Huh?" She muttered, seeking explanation.

I pointed to the monster whom up until this moment I had been very happy to ignore, only now in the bright daylight and with how close we were, seeing the multitude of colourful lights flying around and into the beast, I knew it was the Olympians fighting to push the monster back.

As I asked Atè to stop this she just giggled, no answer or explanation besides the one she had already divulged, she punched me faster then expected, my head rocked backward like I had been in a car crash.

But my body was in fight mode, my demigod reflexes fighting with all they could to keep me alive, so I felt the wind rushing towards me as she tried to follow up with an overhand right. I quickly slipped it and slashed at her leg, hoping to slow her down, she just rose the same leg and side kicked me.

I was sent off my feet and impacted a nearby coffee table as mortals scattered at the sight of a teenager and a grown woman fighting in the street. The goddess smirked at me, I had given her the excuse she needed to kick things up a gear, no pun intended.

Up into the air was the last pace I intended to take us, like I had once warned Jake, that wasn't my domain to mess around in anymore, so as Atè tackled me and pushed us closer and closer to the ensuing battle that the Olympians were fighting, my stomach stayed behind.

She wrapped her arms under mine like she was going to toss me, and then, without even needing to extend any wings, which I thought was strange, we ascended into the air, although the take off was not the cleanest.

After throwing me into a coffee table, she slammed my back into the coffee shop it belonged to, scraping up the wall as we rose, shredding my back along the brick as she did, a smirk on her face the whole time.

However I as more concerned with our destination, I fought against her grip but it proved useless, just like before, if she felt any pain from our contact, she didn't show it. I slashed at her fingers but they were as hard as rock.

I glanced nervously at the flash of light that looked like a storm brought to life, thunder and lightning followed each strike, so I was certain it was him, but he didn't seem to care, even as I extended my wings to slow us down, Zeus was only focusing on the enemy in front of him.