The Pain Makes My Heart Drop

(Y/N)'s POV

Just like before on the bridge, I felt an absolute lack of control over my body, not that I cared, right now I would rather be mindless, then I wouldn't think about everything I had lost. I stared at my enemies.

There were a small army of them, I looked among them and saw one of them was being aided by a titan. Something was protecting them, probably Kronos. I looked around, I couldn't see my friends anywhere.

My eyes were open, but I could only see through them as if they were closed, the souls of my enemies burned so bright in my vision I couldn't make out their forms. My eyes stung a lot. Even when I closed them their forms burned through my eyelids.

My throat was burning, I think I had been screaming, and my jaw hurt, but for the life of me, I couldn't recall why, I was in the air the next thing I remembered, after calling out for Kronos. I looked down at the army of monsters attacking the living, attacking my friends.

I burned with anger and the need for vengeance. I rained down death on those below me, my head was pounding, but I ignored it, it was of little importance in regards to what I had to do. I had to find Kronos, I had to kill him.

That was the only thing that kept me going, searching the faces of those around me to see him, cutting off the head of anything that wasn't him. I needed to kill him, he took Silena from me, he deserved to die.

I wasn't meant to lose anyone else, I had already lost everything I could stand to lose, in my cursed life I had lost so much. It wasn't right I lost more, even my father knew, that was the reason he was hiding from me.

It wasn't fair! I would take everything from Kronos, maybe then he would dare to come and face me, come and suffer as I had. And I didn't care Luke was with him, he could die too, I'd tear them both apart. They both deserved it.

I shadow traveled around the battlefield so effortlessly it was like breathing, I felt comfortable in what I wore, it must have been a shirt that Silena had made me, it was the only thing that made me feel this safe.

I raised shadows and spirits to fight the enemy, just so I could focus on my enemy, several times I tried to shadow travel to Aunty Em's knowing he might be there, but I always got push-back, ending up only a few feet away from where I started.

It frustrated me beyond the point it should have, like dangling a carrot in front of my face, I knew where he was, but the magic surrounding him made him impossible to reach. I scanned the crowds for any sons or daughters of Hecate.

It must have been specifically targeting me, usually just being a god or demigod associated with death got you a free pass through most barriers, save for ones that are modified to protect a certain group by a god or titan. Like camp half bloods or Kronos's.

They must have strengthened their defense since me and Clovis played musical statues, when the world was fair and made some sort of sense. When the people I loved weren't dying for no reason.

I saw a large portion of the enemy army trying to retreat, I shot out at them with my grenade launcher, hoping a shock and awe approach would scare them, but from nowhere a monster managed to shoot the round out of the air.

"Lucky shot." I thought. But if they wanted to attack, I'd give them something to attack. I summoned my army and had them charge the fleeing forces, though once I did my heart began to ache.

Like someone had begun squeezing it, I had to pause. An arrow hit me in the arm from below, and like instinct, I attacked without even thinking, passing chariot riding snake women, I took a few swings at them, but their shield wall held.