We Have A Bonding Moment

(Y/N)'s POV

Chris was terrified, as expected, he retreated from me immediately, muttering to himself about how he wasn't a thief, I felt bad, I didn't know that our encounter had scarred him this much, that he was scared of me even when he wasn't all there.

What made me feel worse than that though is even as I looked on at a poor camper who had lost his way and his mind, deep down in me, in the pit of my stomach, part of me liked it. Part of me liked that I scared him this much.

It made me feel ill. The Apollo campers all looked at me for instructions, I took a step towards Chris but he retreated into the farthest corner of the room, sighing, I looked around for the least threatening camper I could find.

"Okay Doogie Howser you're up." I said, looking at Will, he scoffed, muttering "Doogie Howser wishes he was me." And took a step forward, everyone in the room was tense, but Chris showed no signs of aggression.

"Castor. Do your thing," Will advised. A boy stepped into the room, not an Apollo camper though, a plump blond boy who looked so much like his father I wanted to hit him. He was Dionysus in miniature.

He was not athletically built, nor was he very good-looking, with slightly curly blond hair, violet-coloured eyes that didn't seem to blend well, and despite the same bored look on his face, I could tell he wanted to be here.

He was kind, that was the first thing I thought when I saw him. And I wasn't the only one who noticed the kindness in his eyes. Chris gasped at him joining us, "Lost! Lost!" He cried, Castor nodded, not saying a word, but crushing some grapes on a vine in his palm.

He began muttering something in a quiet voice, like a prayer, I couldn't make out what though, he was too soft-spoken. But as the juice of the grapes hit the floor, the room lit up with a purple and reddish hue, I could smell sweet grapes and honey in the air.

Then, a proud voice echoed through the room, firm and strong, "In the name of Dionysus. God of madness. I purge you of that which plagues your mind, so that you may once again drink of Olympus's sweet wine!"

Chris's eyes cleared a little, the thousand yard stare he had visibly faded as he blinked a few times, it was like the room came into focus for him, "W...what..." He croaked out. The Dionysus camper spoke over him, "Hurry...you...don't have long." He muttered.

I nodded, "Fine, but if his head starts spinning around, I'm gone." I promised. I quickly explained everything I had to Clarisse, as well as the risks "Why are you all doing this?" Chris asked.

"Well, I don't know about these guys, maybe that hypocritical oath or something, with that staff-" I began to explain, but Lee Fletcher cut me off "-That's Hermes genius. And it's Hippocratic." I nodded, "I know, I said that. And my reason for doing this is because I want ten bucks."

We asked him if he was okay with this and Chris nodded, even after we explained to him that he could die from this. He seemed to think that would be better then the madness regardless. Once Castor's spell waned, it was no different.

Chris was calm if anything, complacent. We got something resembling consent even after the madness took him when he nodded his head and said "It's okay Mary, they'll find us." I looked at Lee Fletcher for confirmation, he nodded.

That was all I needed, for both our safety and his, the other campers had secured Chris to his bed, not to actually restrain him, just to keep him still, the less his body moved the easier this was for me. I stood over him, "Ready big guy?"

He said nothing, but closed his eyes, and for the first time, I thought me might have been at peace since he came out of the Labyrinth. Taking a calming breath of my own, I performed the ritual. If you still wanted to call it that.