The Puzzle Leads Us In Circles

(Y/N)'s POV

After I retrieved the scattered remains of my blades, and my sword, I began to feel a lot more confident in my ability, Clovis had found them for me and used some sort of magic to bring them to us, but I was more concerned with our destination and his sudden appearance.

"Clovis. Where are we going." I said after ten minutes of walking that felt like an hour, him lumbering along sleepily and me walking behind him, waiting for some explanation. "What's going on."

"We're going to stop Nyx." "How?" "I don't know. Like I told you, we need Ethan for that. I saw it in a dream." "Saw what in a dream. Why do we need Ethan? You know, for someone who appears out of the blue, you aren't being very informative"

Clovis sighed, finally turning to me. "I'm just as lost as you are, all I know is my dad told me to save you, then brought us all here, we have to find Ethan, I'm hoping he knows something we don't."

"Wait, he brought all of you here? Where are the others?" I asked, "Evacuating battlefields, sleepwalking people to their beds, where dad will protect them. You know, all the important stuff that nobody else ever does...staying in the background."

"That's pretty dope man." I praised, he smiled, "Well, someone's gotta do it, and this way...we didn't have to go near all the fighting, that stuff's too loud...once that's done, I guess we'll just try and help out wherever we can."

"Where have you been? Why are you here now?" "I just told you..." He yawned, "But why now. We could have stopped her before, why when we're nearly out of time." He sighed, "I'm just lazy like that I guess." But I could tell he was holding something back

"As for where we've been, Egypt is nice this time of year. Nice warm sun, you can just curl up and-" "You went to Egypt!" I said, frustrated, he nodded, "I've been fighting for my life for years while you guys went on vacation!"

He smirked at me, "Well, these things tend to happen...when you start wars (Y/N)...they don't exactly blow over easily..." I rolled my eyes, "Oh, don't lecture me, I would have helped you if you ever needed me to."

"Me, start a war...sounds like too much effort." Then he seemed to catch himself saying something and looked at me sympathetically, "Though I would have done the same." He clarified, and a small part of me was happy to have his approval.

"And it wasn't all naps and lounge chairs you know, we were gathering information." "On what." "On magic, we found some experts there. Kinda weird if you asked me, but they told us all about Morpheus's spell. He always did...talk too much..."

"But that spell is the only thing keeping the mortals safe, you said it yourself, you need to sleepwalk everyone-" He sighed, "You really do no nothing about magic-" "That's not true." I said, "You know one spell." I opened my mouth, "Shadow travel isn't different" He cut me off.

"Two actually. I can control mist now." I stuck out my tongue. "And you know what they say, I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

"Will you be like water...and shut up..." He sassed, going on to explain, "We aren't talking about the sleeping part here, that part is pretty neat, it makes us a lot stronger," He gestured to where he had left the Hecate kids.

"We're going to try and lift Hecate's curse." "The one that drains my powers?" "Well yeah, but that's not all it was for. She's pulling power from every demigod and mortal in the city, using it to draw monsters here-"

"She ripped off my powers!" "Yeah, I guess, though she's doing citywide, and in small doses, nobody would notice unless they were looking for it, luckily, Hypnos was. That many people fall asleep that quickly, it turned some heads"