We Come to An Agreement

(Y/N)'s POV

Y'know, when Annabeth said that she was willing to meet up with me, this isn't where I expected the conversation to lead to. Being dragged through camp like a parade float while half of the camp gawked at me on their way to bed.

Every pair of eyes was like a dagger pointed at my back, every whisper felt like a threat. I was sure one of the campers was about to attack me any minute, the only thing that kept them at bay, as I expected, was Chiron.

I remember as I sat down with Annabeth at five o'clock this very afternoon, I was nervous as hell, but not because I thought it would lead to this. I remembered trying to be cool and failing miserably.

"Nice to see you." I said calmly as I looked at a menu to hide my surprise that she actually showed up, I looked up and she smiled at me, maybe it was my injury, but I suddenly felt like the room had just gotten hotter.

She was wearing jeans and an orange camp T-shirt and her clay bead necklace. Her blond hair was pulled back in a ponytail. Her gray eyes sparkled. She looked much healthier then the last time I saw her.

There were no remaining visible grey streaks in her hair, and colour was back in her cheeks, she was just how I had seen her during our Iris Message, but now she was here I didn't feel nearly as confident.

I noticed in the moment that seeing her face to face like this was not very good for my heart, and that meeting at a place like this was so similar to a date that I could barely contain myself. I probably shouldn't kiss her right? That would be weird after so long...right?

She sat down quickly and smiled at me, but looked me over and seemed worried, "You look like you were in a shipwreck." She said, smirking at me for some reason, "I've had a really long day." I answered.

Annabeth's POV

"See, now you know how it feels!" I thought, triumphant in my own head, getting revenge for his comment on Olympus. Then I regretted thinking about that day. I tried to supress a blush, but the last time I saw (Y/N) I kissed him.

And I wont lie, a small part of me hoped he was just lying about the important thing he needed to ask me about because my dad was there. That this was all a plan, but when I first saw him, my hopes diminished. He didn't look prepared for a date.

I looked him up and down and was shocked he even walked in here with what he was wearing. I wouldn't normally judge, demigod life is hard, but he looked terrible. His eyes darted around the room, he looked clammy and on edge.

And that wasn't even looking at his clothes. Everything he wore was torn and ragged. His hair was dishevelled. And if I looked really close...not that I did that often, I could see blood stained on his shirt.

His shirt read "I see dead people" in ancient Greek, with a likeness of Thanatos I presume, holding a magnifying glass. But it had clearly been cut in half and very poorly sewn back together.

Underneath it, I saw his chest, and a large knife wound running down his entire body it seemed. I traced my eyes down it to see what had caused the injury. "Eyes up here blondie." He said with the same normal confidence.

I unintentionally let out a little squeal and sat straight up to meet his face, he was smirking at me, so I quickly got to business to avoid any teasing.  And to fight the urge to ask him if this was meant to be a date.

"So what happened to you?" I had to ask, the curiosity of it was killing me, there were so many questions I wanted to ask him. He let out a deep breath from his nose and looked down at his hands, "A lot...Where do I start?"

"Nico. I've been with Nico, training him after he left the camp...I can't tell you why.-" "-Because he's a child of Hades. But how did you know?" I asked, he smiled at me devilishly, "Of course you would know. Gods you're so smart..."