I Cast A Shadow Over Camp Half Blood

(Y/N)'s POV

I had been in front of this door for six hours, not that I was aware of that, it was hard to tell the time of day, or night, in this place, the only indication I had was when one was over and the other returned.

Over the course of months, even after all my training, this close to the doors of death, and I still couldn't even scratch it. I came here every night, while Lady Nyx was away, and battered my hands against the doors of Elysium. Knowing the Isle of the Blessed laid just beyond my reach.

I had tried everything I could think of hoping to pry them open even a millimetre, for hours, I punched and kicked, I slashed the walls with my new sword, I raised spirits to help me push and pull, with nothing changing.

I was too weak to move it even a little, but every so often, I swore I heard her voice, calling out to me, telling me that I could come and see her soon. Maybe all this time in the Underworld meant I was starting to crack.

"You don't have to do this every day you know." Said my father voice, bothering me for the first time in a while. But I had to at least try, "What's happened?" I asked, knowing he wouldn't contact me in case we were intercepted, so it must have been important.

"They are being moved; they've already left with someone." He explained and knowing what I did about his recent job in the war, he didn't need further explanation.

See, we might all be at war with Olympus right now, and it was true little skirmishes happened every so often, but there were still things that had to happen for the benefit of the world that weren't interrupted.

My father still collected his souls every day, while managing to keep an eye on the outside world for us, and Lady Nyx and Hemera still made sure that day and night fell whenever they were planned to.

They Olympians didn't stop them, the world had run this way for centuries, like clockwork, so interrupting it would only cause a stir that would put even the mortals into a panic.

"Where are they going?" I asked, "I don't know, we cannot follow them without drawing attention to our positions. Our presences are too great." I sighed, "Fine, I'll go, I've been meaning to talk to them anyway, they could be great allies."

I didn't want to go, but I had to, it was the safest option, despite the risk it posed now if this wasn't dealt with, we were in more danger in the future. I must hand it to Hades, if my father hadn't seen them leave this would have blindsided us all and it would have been over.

"Do you wish to draw power from me?" He asked, "In case of attack?" I shook my head, "That will just cause the same problem, plus Hades is smart, he wouldn't do this if it put them at risk, so it's going to take me a while to track them down."

"Take the death mist, it will conceal you from the monsters at least." He said holding out the vessel that Aklhys guarded with her life most of the time. "Yeah, because being approached by a walking corpse claiming to be there to help them definitely won't freak them out."

He shrugged, "It may put them at ease." I rolled my eyes, "You're just as weird as the others, has anyone ever told you that?" I asked as I got ready to shadow travel. "Only your mother, and your uncle, and your grandmothers."

"Both of them? That one must have stung." I guessed, he nodded. I took a deep breath and shadow travelled to that weird hotel. It always made me feel strange, but I could never place why.

I had the urge to burn it down every time I saw it, I trusted what Lady Nyx said about it being able to mask us though. She was pretty good about that stuff.

My eyes burned in the sun, at this point, I was so used to the dark because I went out only at night and the rest of my time I was staying in the underworld, that whenever I did see the sunlight, it blinded me to an extent, at least for a minute or two.