I Am Warned About Upcoming Leg Cramps

(Y/N)'s POV

There is something about racing towards your own death, while watching your own chances of survival dwindle and experiencing a monster bite that threatened to rip you in half that puts things into perspective.

As Scylla snatched me up, multiple realisations ran though my head, number one being that hundreds, maybe thousands of people must have had this view seconds before they died. And I almost envied them.

As I raced through the sky towards my fate of being digested by a monster, I had to say, the landscape view I had right now was picturesque to say the least. The sun was hitting the waves exactly right, sometimes even causing rainbows, the streaks in the air accented the sky and the smoke billowing from the hull of a crumpled warship really tied it all together.

The second thing I realised was that I was in fact racing through the sky towards my fate of being digested by a monster, not only that but Scylla had taken a hearty chomp on my shoulder and was lifting me up to her cave by my wound.

I was just about to scream out from the pain when I watched the warship explode, and everything I had promised Poseidon get washed away with it, I was half tempted to let Scylla eat me. A part of me gave up and I started to feel weird.

Suddenly I was back in a cave, not Scylla's, thank the gods, but Hypnos's, the only identifiable features being the running river Lethe I heard in my ears and the lavish looking bed that sat alone in the cave, looking very out of place.

"Well...I must admit...you could have...handled that better." Said a voice with a yawn, I realised the bed was occupied, obviously. But I was confused. I wasn't asleep, and I certainly wasn't dead, so how was I here? "You blacked out...from the shock...for a...few seconds...Time for a quick...powernap." Hypnos explained.

"What's happening to me, what did you do, why am I thinking all weird, who cares about the scenery, my friends are about to die, I'm about to die" I pressed, "Don't you...ever listen...you're in shock...The mind...distracts...itself." "Well, can you get me out of here so I can kill this monster at least? I'm about to die, we can talk later" I asked, trying to be polite, but getting impatient as I watched blood seep from my shoulder.

"No...I don't...think I...will." He let out an exceptionally big yawn and sat up a little, waking himself for a few moments, I think. His eyes were still closed. "We have time...don't worry...dreams always...pass...faster than...expected..."

"So what, I have to sit here and sing you a lullaby?" I scoffed, "Don't be...disrespectful...and no...you have to sit here...and listen..." Suddenly I fell backwards, too tired to support myself, landing on a bed.

"I am disappointed in you child...not for your mistakes...to make mistakes is to be mortal...but for your...willingness to let them...continue in your pursuit of your goal...It is a...disgrace...to your mother...to do so..."

I was too tired to be angry, but I knew I wanted to be, "You've let this desire to get your mother back consume you...you aren't acting as you should...do you think...your mother...would want you to betray yourself and your friends?" He asked, using up some energy to force himself not to yawn.

"Someone tricked me! It wasn't my fault." Hypnos sighed, "Teenagers...nothing's...ever their fault." He said, sounding mildly miffed, which was not a good sign in his case. "It's not my fault!" I defended, "No, I'm certain it is...though I must admit I dozed off a few times...I caught most of it..."

"Why didn't you just tell me to go save Tyson? Why didn't you tell me that using the blades had taken a memory from me?" I demanded. Hypnos turned over in his bed, "Why should...I have? Did you not tell...your friend you no...longer wished to rely on the power of the...gods? You brought this on...yourself..." He said calmly.