The World Finally Sees My True Colors

(Y/N)'s POV

The last time I saw this place, it was much more vibrant. In the time of my absence the colors that surrounded the area previously had become dulled, the air didn't seem as fresh or clean. It was honestly hard to tell if this was the same place at all.

What had once been a lush landscape was nothing but a pile of dull rocks, it was almost a fitting way of describing how I felt, but practically, it made the next step of my plan much harder. Everything looked the same.

Of course, no mortals were around, so no locals to help me look for what I hoped to find, and I had pretty much personally assured the extinction of any local wildlife that could offer any clues, which meant that I had to go on a treasure hunt myself.

Not that I was searching for treasure, at least not the type you would expect to find at a place like this. Getting here was the easy part. It took me an hour or two to finally unearth the collapsed cave, and even longer to retrace my steps to my real goal.

I had nothing to go on except foggy memories of simpler times, well, I say simpler, less complicated, not simple by any means, and still just as dangerous. I just hoped the mist hadn't swallowed my sunken treasure.

I walked around the outskirts of the island, tracing my fingers along the warm water as I did, searching for something I had lost a long time ago, something that was taken away by a mix of my enemy's anger and my friends stupidity. I met resistance among the jagged rocks just off shore.

A true excavation of this particular treasure should have taken days or weeks, and I could use the strength of the dead to lift it from the depths, but I don't think my rage would calm down that long, so it might be rough, but I had to do this alone.

Shadowy claws dug their way to the bottom of the ocean, searching for what I had once lost. A creak of old and soaked wood filled the air, along with the splashes of water as something rose up from the sea.

It took an immense effort, and if I wasn't as hellbent on revenge and fueled by anger as I was right now, I might have never been able to muster the strength I needed without an outside source, but I got it done. The wreckage was just that, a wreck. Waterlogged and splintered wood that had almost been smashed into three pieces.

But it would suit its purpose well enough, that is if I ever got it moving again. This wasn't something as small as a chariot. And even if it was, it would still be hard to knit back together, the damage was too extensive. But I knew I had to do it. I had to bring the once feared vessel back to life.

It was a fitting name for my purposes, and I aimed to restore it to it's full glory. As shadows danced along the drenched remains, parts of the darkness was left behind in their wake, like a shell of magic over the broken pieces. Repairing them, remolding them.

As wood became coated in shadow and mist began to trail over the vessel, it was soon back to its former infamous state, but this time darker, and with a more sinister aura, now a true ghost ship. The Queen Anne's Revenge. Back to haunt the waters of the world.

But I'm not like Percy, just because I could raise it didn't mean I could sail it well, so now I needed to find myself a captain. Lucky for me I knew just the guy, and if I could find one teenager in the sprawling streets and forests that made up the whole of China. I could find twenty or so hundreds of year old pirates.

I found them without much trouble, just as I thought I would, not only because they had been causing chaos since their release, but because after a few years of being in an unfamiliar world and time, of course they would go somewhere familiar, that was how I was led to Nassau.

I found most of them in bars of course, some of those dingy back alley bars. Each one of them looked like they had enjoyed their time baking in the scorching hot sun after they found there way here, and once I found my captain, I was greeted like an old friend.