We Get Our Reward

(Y/N)'s POV

Isn't it weird that you wake up every day, but you never know how important each day is going to be until after it's over? I didn't wake up today and think that it would change the course of my life forever.

I woke up today thinking, "What's breakfast going to be?" But as the sun rose, and the next came, my whole life was changed, my purpose was over and I was looking for a new one, my outlook on life had changed, and I was finally free.

I definitely did not wake up today thinking that I would end the day collecting blankets from the big house that I was going to use to warm a girl that as far as I was concerned, had been long dead.

But here I was, collecting blankets and boiling water as the freshly picked Thalia Grace was led to the big house, Chiron insisted we tried our best to make sure she was comfortable.

Most of the camp was sent to bed, to avoid overwhelming her. The cabin leaders were told to sort them out and remain on standby. Since Chiron's return. The injured from the past two weeks had already recovered.

That meant the only people in the big house right now where me, Chiron, Percy, Grover, Annabeth, Dionysus, and Thalia herself. "Why are you boiling water? Annabeth asked as they entered behind me.

She was stull in shock, and probably trying to distract herself. "I couldn't find towels," I explained, she just looked confused.

"I thought you're meant to boil water and get towels when-" I paused as she sighed and gave me her 'I don't have the energy to explain' look. Truth was, I was in shock too, and this was my body's way of feeling productive apparently.

"Just go sit down." She insisted, and so we all sat in the big house, in a circle around a resting Thalia Grace. We got her a warm blanket and a cup of hot cocoa and had some Ambrosia on standby just in case.

Once she had settled and stopped shaking, we all sat in the house, still tense, waiting for explanation, but not wanting to crowd her, even Dionysus was eager to hear her story. I gave her a lot of space; she was dangerous as far as I was concerned.

He had told us that Olympus was already informed. Not that we needed telling that. Thunder and lightning were battering the ground, it was as if the whole sky was celebrating. Chiron was the first to break the tense silence.

"How do you feel child?" She shrugged, "Cold." She said simply. Looking at Chiron strangely, it then occurred to me that she never made it to camp, I don't know if she'd ever met Chiron, even if he was wheelchair bound now, she was him earlier and had probably never seen his horse form.

"Thalia, do you remember how you got here?" Grover asked with a shake in his voice, she smiled at him, "You got us to safety." Annabeth was sobbing, Thalia looked at her, "Wow, you got big." She ruffled Annabeth's hair in amazement.

"So did you." I spoke up, Thalia looked at me, her blue eyes gazing into my soul just as her father had as we spoke beside the Lemnos. There was a question that was of the upmost importance, but was a little awkward to ask.

"How old are you?" I asked her, she looked at me in a strange way, like she was trying to recall my name. "You're the boy...the boy who danced in the rain." I nodded, "Yeah, you remember that?" She nodded. "That's good." I said encouragingly.

"My name is (Y/N)." I smiled gently, she held up her hand to shake, I unfortunately pushed it away. She gave me a look, it was...well, in a word. Evil. Great, now she thinks I'm a jerk and could stop my heart any minute, "Long story, tell you later." I explained.

She sighed and nodded, then began looking at herself, "And...I'm 12" She said, I shook my head, "I don't think you are." I looked her over, she looked around fourteen, fifteen maybe. Gods forbid she was sixteen.