I Fight A Skyscraper

Percy's POV

As (Y/N) got done complaining and letting Zoe try to cut off the suit with her hunting knife, he decided it was a lost cause and looked over to me. "Darn, no suit." (Y/N) muttered to himself as I approached, looking me up and down, "Not really my style." "Of course, because today couldn't suck any more than it does right now." He sulked.

He pointed at me, "One day Percy Jackson, I'm getting you in a suit." I just shrugged it off, "Sure man, whatever." "What did she want with you?" Bianca asked, once I'd told them about Aphrodite. "Oh, uh, not sure," I lied. "She said to be careful in her husband's junkyard. She said not to pick anything up."

"What about you?" Bianca asked (Y/N), who shrugged, "She wanted to know how I wake up looking this good. I told her about my skincare routine and she let me go on my way." The others frowned at him but Grover muttered, "You have a skincare routine?"

Zoe narrowed her eyes. "The goddess of love would not make a special trip to tell thee that. Be careful, Percy. Aphrodite has led many heroes astray." "For once I agree with Zoe," Thalia said. "You can't trust Aphrodite."

(Y/N) waved it off, "Naah, she's not that bad, she's chilled out a lot since reality tv became a thing. As long as you do what she asks and don't bring up Myrrha you'll be fine-" "And what did the goddess ask of you?" Zoe asked.

He paled a little and stammered over his words. "I...I told you, she wanted my skincare routine." He lied through his teeth and all of us knew it, I just wanted to get off the subject of Aphrodite altogether.

Grover was looking at me funny. Being empathic and all, he could usually read my emotions, and I got the feeling he knew exactly what Aphrodite had talked to me about. Which irritated me because I didn't "So," I said, anxious to change the subject, "how do we get out of here?"

"That way," Zoe said. "That is west." "How can you tell?" In the light of the full moon, I was surprised how well I could see her roll her eyes at me. "Ursa Major is in the north," she said, "which means that must be west."

She pointed west, then at the northern constellation, which was hard to make out because there were so many other stars. "Oh, yeah," I said. "The bear thing." Zoe looked offended. "Show some respect. It was a fine bear. A worthy opponent." "You act like it was real." "Guys," Grover broke in. "Look!"

We'd reached the crest of a junk mountain. Piles of metal objects glinted in the moonlight: broken heads of bronze horses, metal legs from human statues, smashed chariots, tons of shields and swords and other weapons, along with more modern stuff, like cars that gleamed gold and silver, refrigerators, washing machines, and computer monitors.

"Whoa," Bianca said. "That stuff... some of it looks like real gold." "It is," Thalia said grimly. "Like Percy said, don't touch anything. This is the junkyard of the gods."  "Junk?" Grover picked up a beautiful crown made of gold, silver, and jewels. It was broken on one side, as if it had been split by an axe. "You call this junk?" He bit off a point and began to chew.

"It's delicious!" Thalia swatted the crown out of his hands. "I'm serious!" (Y/N) frowned "Grover, If we die because you get hungry and eat a hub cap or something, I'm going to find the flower you turn into and I'm going to-" "-Look!" Bianca said. She raced down the hill, tripping over bronze coils and golden plates. She picked up a bow that glowed silver in moonlight. "A Hunter's bow!"

She yelped in surprise as the bow began to shrink, and became a hair clip shaped like a crescent moon. "It's just like Percys sword!" Zoe's face was grim. "Leave it, Bianca."

"But—" "It is here for a reason. Anything thrown away in this junkyard must stay in this yard. It is defective. Or cursed." Bianca reluctantly set the hair clip down. "I don't like this place," Thalia said. She gripped the shaft of her spear.