100. Chapter one hundred

' HONEY

' HONEY . . . '
──a one piece fan-fiction
created / edited
12.23.23

authors note ;
ooo. the one hundredth chapter 🥳

ooo. i look at Zoro with the blink of my eyes, "nothing... happened... ARE YOU STUPID?! OF COURSE SOMETHING HAPPENED!!" I bark at him with a irk mark, and then, Zoro passes out, and I end up catching him, his blood getting all over my shirt, I blink in surprise as I look at him, I sigh out as I proceed to drag him, and a bit of myself to the others.

ooo. it was the next day, and I approach Lola after she was done talking with my crew, "Lola. We need to talk." I tell her as I look at her with a focused expression on my face. She blinks as she holds some treasure she must've been gifted by Nami, but that wasn't what I was focussed on. She blinks, before nodding. "Alright Momoko." She tells me with a smile.

We move to a quieter area of the ruined Thriller Bark. We stand across eachother, "Lola... did you run away from... big mom?" I ask her quietly, and she tenses before breathing out, she nods. "I... i ran away from the arranged marriage... but its fine! She wont punish me! We're family after all!!" She beams, and I tighten up as I lower my head, my hat casting a shadow over my face.

I tighten my fists up as i bite my lower lip, it was shaking a bit, she blinks her eyes. "Momoko?" She asks in worry, "Lola... do you... do you know what happened the day I... i was presumed dead?..." I ask quietly, and she frowns a bit in sadness. "Mama... mama announced that you went out to the lake and... and you drowned..." she says quietly, before looking at me.

"But... Your here!! So you didn't drown that day!! The current must've swept you away!! I'm so glad your alive!!" She beams as the rest of the people have lunch, and there was the sound of binks brew in the background.

I swallow, "big mom... said I drowned?" I ask silently, and she hums before noticing that I was calling that woman as big mom and not... mama. "Big mom?" She blinks, and I suck in a breath. "Yes... that woman... i- i hate her... Lola... she-..." I try to say, but my heart was pounding as I couldn't get the words out, the music's tempo was slowing down, before returning.

My body shakes as I remember the burning sensation on my back, how the sea water seaped into the burn, the water flowing into my mouth, the cold water that makes it painful, the fire of the boat. Then I put a hand to my mouth, "Lola... i- i hate that woman... for what she's done... that woman... she wont hesitate to kill you... or anyone that crosses her... even if crossing someone meant not doing what she says... she punishes people with fear... she- she's heartless!! She only loves those who are useful Lola!!" I shout out as I have my head lowerd with my hat casting a shadow as i squeeze my eyes shut, my fists tight with my nails digging in them, blood seeping from my palms.

Lola was stuck silent as I have a heavy breath, my chest trembling as I force myself to not cry, like I have for many years i've been, all due to what happened when I was a child...

My throat goes dry, "Momoko..." she says quiet, she sucks in a breath. "Momoko, i'm sure thats not true!! Here's her Vivre card!! So she can-"

"I refuse!!" I cut her off as i slap the Vivre card out of her hands, and her eyes widen as she looks at me, I grit my teeth. "I refuse!! I hate her Lola!! I hate her with every inch of my gut!" I exclaim as i grab my shirt that was near my chest, whimpering as I suck in a breath, I bite my lip as I turn on my heal, and I look at her before turning and running away, "Momoko!" She calls out, but I ignore her as I run through the forest.

I eventually stop at a tree and lean against it, before my legs tremble and I I fall to my knees where I tighten my fists. My lips quiver as I lower my head with a heavy breath, and I bite down on my lip as I change my position to lean my back against the tree and I let out a quivering breath from my nose.

ooo. sitting behind a tree, is Momoko with a small smile as she was about 4 years of age, "Honey!!" Lola cheers out, as she finds Momoko, and Momoko goes ahead and laughs out, "Lola!! Look what I found!" She cheers out as she shows a cute pink bunny, that had floppy ears, before hugging the bunny tightly. Lola laughs out, "whats her name?" Lola asks.

  "Her name... is going to be yawarakai" She says with a soft smile as she holds the bunny close to her, Lola smiles. "You can show Mama it then!" Lola says, and Momoko stops as she remembers last time, where her dear horse was killed in her eyes then Big mom used Her devil fruit that made the horse act strange and had spooked Momoko to her core.

  "I... i think I'm going to keep yawarakai secret, like a- a surprise!" Momoko says with a tense smile, and although she still cared for her mother, she was... scared. In some ways that her mother would do something like last time. Lola blinks before nodding, "alright!" Lola smiles, and as Lola leaves. Momoko looks down at the bunny, gaining a soft smile before giving yawarakai a closed eye smile.

  "Its nice too meet you."

  ooo. my eyes snap open, and the memory fades away, and I frown as I remember yawarakai... "i promise, I'll be back soon. Pinkie promise..." I swallow thickly at the remembrance of the promise I made... i'm sorry... i wont be able too return that promise...

  I take in a heavy breath as I look up, I stay silent as I listen to just the wind and the rustle of the trees. Then, my ears perk up on the sound of a animal, I snap my head as I see a rabbit with yellow fur. I blink my eyes, before they soften and I hold my hand out.

  It sniffs my hand before hopping onto my legs, I hold it softly, a soft smile appearing on my lips as i pet it softly where I put its fur softly. Then, tears drip onto the bunny, and one turns into two, and two turns into three, and then many more as I continue petting it as I whimper, although i've held and pet many bunnies before without shedding tears, I couldn't stop crying...

"Why wont I stop crying... yawarakai... i'm so sorry..."

one piece extras ;
ooo. if you look at chapter zero, on the ' OTHER ' the last one, the name is yawarakai ^^
ooo. momoko had a love for animals when she was young, and still does
ooo. big mom told a half truth when momoko "died" the truth part is that she actually believed that momoko had died, and the lie was how she "died"
ooo. so far, other than Lola and some others, i.e pudding, katakuri, big mom- actually know that she's alive
ooo. lola believes that big mom wouldn't hurt her or momoko since their family, while momoko is the complete opposite as she knows first hand how her mother is when someone crosses her
ooo. lola was confused as too why momoko wasn't calling big mom "mama"
ooo. uhhh yeah... there's still a LOT of trauma for my girl momoko

1315 words
──
sorixu_