Its Abuse

Niamh lies on Joes lap and watches TV. Joe has his hand resting on her stomach.
She sits up, "Joe...I'm really scared to tell Elliot" she stutters.

"Niamh you don't have to just yet" he says as d kisses her head and strokes her hand.

"He's a control freak, I want the old Elliot back, the loved up teenager kind" she says trying to fight back the tears.

Joe hugs her "I know you do, but he needs some serious help Niamh" he whispers as he holds her close.

"I don't know what to do anymore" she says as she eventually breaks down as she can't hold her emotion back anymore.
Just then they hear a car door slam and someone making their way up the footpath.
"Oh my god Joe go go go!" Niamh says as she jumps to her feet in a hurry. "Here keep this spare back door key, I love you, I'll see you at work tomorrow" she says in a rushed tone as she gives him a quick kiss on the cheek before sprinting and jumping back on the sofa and acting normal. Joe leaves through the back gate as soon as he sees Elliot in the kitchen he jumps the back gate and rushes down the street to his car.

Elliot goes in to see Niamh lying on the sofa watching TV. "Hey babes how's your day been?" He smiles as he sits next to her and pulls her legs over onto his lap.

"Tiring and yours?" she smiles as if everything was normal as she didn't want to knock Elliot over the edge.

"Rubbish didn't get the part" he huffs as he looks at Niamh.

"Oh dear, well there's alway next time" she smiles.

Elliot look at her "next time? Next time! There won't be a next time!" He says as he starts to get angry.

"You were wonderful in my eyes" she smiles hoping he would calm down.

He laughs "was that meant to be a compliment, I know you've been with Joe today" Elliot says.

"Yes it was meant to be a compliment, and yes Elliot I work with him" she snaps.

He frowns "don't get cocky with me" he spits as he gets up.

Niamh rolls her eyes, "sorry" she apologies. He walks off and goes through to the kitchen. Niamh sighs she really did want the old Elliot back.

"Niamh have you been out the back?" He shouts through and Niamh's heart starts to race.

She tries to think of an excuse, "yes, I was throwing the rubbish out, why?" she asks trying to keep calm.

"Just wondered, you got memory loss or something ? You need to lock the door" he says

"Well I'm sorry" she huffs as she goes to lock it.

He grabs her wrist "it's alright now I've done it" he snaps.

"Oh right well thanks" she mutters.
Niamh walks off and sits down on the sofa. Elliot follows her and sits next to her.

She edges away a little and looks down at the floor. "What's up?" he asks in a calm tome.

"I... Erm... Just think we need a bit of breathing space" she stutters nervously.

"What? What the hell do you mean breathing space?!" Elliot shouts angrily.

Niamh looks away, "I think this we need to give things a break" she replies again in a more nervous tone than before.

"Why?!" he shouts as he wants answers. Niamh doesn't say anything, "why! I want an answer!" He shouts in a demanding tone.

"I just think we could do with a break" she mutters. He looks at her and out of no where hits her hard in the stomach, Niamh instantly thinks of her baby.

"Please stop it Elliot that really hurt" she says as she winces in pain.

He stops for a second then slaps her around the face, "you are not leaving me ! Do you hear me?" He screams angrily at her.

"Elliot please calm down" she says a tear falling down her face.

Elliot huffs, "why the hell are you crying now?!" He shouts.

"If you weren't aware you hit me twice and it actually hurt" she mumbles through the tears.
He look at her and walks off, when he's gone Niamh gets up and grabs her phone.

She's trembling with fear and her heart is going a dinger. She texts Joe, 'Joe I'm scared, I need to move the scan forward' she says then sends it.

She sits there for a while hoping Joe will text back. He replies simply with 'why?'

She replies back saying, 'since he came home he's got really angry an hit me twice'

'Where abouts?" He replies back to her almost instantly.

'The stomach and a slap across the face' she types trying to hold it together. The typing is very messy and there's a few spelling mistakes and Joe knows she's crying because normally she's a really good speller.

'Is he in now? I would come round' he replies.

Niamh gets up and peers into the kitchen, 'he's outside smoking, It really did hurt!' She says.
'I'll come to work slightly earlier tomorrow we can chat then' she adds.

'Okay, and your scan?' He texts back.

'It'll have to wait till tomorrow to be discussed, I really got to go!' she replies back and deletes the chat before Elliot coming back in. Niamh puts her phone between her legs and looks up at Elliot.