Deep conversations

Later on in the day, Niamh and Joe have been out with Matthew, Chloe and Harry to the beach for the day. They are now sat in a cafe with a few drinks.
Niamh is slowly moving the pram back and forth to try to help Matthew sleep.

"Is he hard work?" Chloe asks.

"Oh here we go with the questions" Niamh laughs.

"No I'm being serious" Chloe says.

"Right okay, calm down" she says as she watches Harry stroke Chloe's thigh.

"Erm...in what way do you mean is he hard work?" Niamh asks.

"Like... I don't know is it hard looking after him?" She says unsure of what she actually means.

"Eh sometimes yeah" Niamh says a little unsure of the answer.

Chloe smiles at her "do you ever cry because he become to much?" Chloe says.

Joe looks at Niamh as she nods, "yes quite a lot, but I don't like to tell people I've just been crying over a three month old because he's become too much" Niamh says.

"Oh" Chloe says.

"Stop worrying about it, it's like another 9 months away" Harry says as he knows Chloe will get herself worked up about it.

Chloe nods and watches her sister, "all the hard work pays off, like moments like this where he's so innocent and content" Niamh smiles as she puts Matthew dummy back in his mouth.

"But he didn't shut up last night" Chloe says and Niamh laughs.

Niamh smiles at Joe "he wasn't at all happy last night, it was so hot even with the air conditioning on" Niamh explains.

"He does generally settle quite well for us at home" Joe says.

Niamh nods in agreement, "I think you two are great parents" Chloe smiles.

"Niamh I can barely change a nappy" Chloe huffs.

"You'll pick it up so naturally, I'd never changed a nappy before in my life before Matthew came along" Niamh smiles.

"It's wee buns, sure you've got Harry and he has his wee nieces" Niamh says.

Chloe nods "I guess so" she smiles.

"Anya, Alanna and Ellie are wee rascals when they want to be" Harry laughs.

Niamh laughs "oh don't forget our cousins Sorsha, Alysia, Maya, Peter, Gemma and Heidi" Niamh smiles as she just names a few.

Chloe nods, "were your mood swings bad Niamh? I'm scared I'll end up lashing out at someone" Chloe says.

"She attempted to punch me the once but it failed" Joe laughs.

"Oh god I remember that" Niamh laughs.

"Why what was wrong?" Chloe laughs.

"I can't remember really I think i was really annoyed with Joe for some odd reason" Niamh says. "He probably ate my ice cream" Niamh laughs.