A&E

Niamh nods a little and looks at Matthew, "oh Matty where's your daddy?" she panics.

Niamh looks at Matthew and then looks down at her phone as she really wants Joe, "is your husband on his way?" The nurse asks.

"Yeah he should be soon" she says in a shaky tone. "He's at work... But he should be here soon, only if he can get off" Niamh adds.

"That's okay, well shall we wait for him or shall I do the X-Rays now?" the nurse asks.

"Take him now... I just want my fiancée here when you get the results back" Niamh says.

"That's okay, now Matthew" the nurse smiles.

Niamh kisses his head "do you want me to take him down with you?" Niamh asks.

He starts to whimper again as Niamh has kissed his head, "It's only down the corridor you can sit in the waiting room and wait it'll only be two minutes" the nurse says.

Niamh nods as she passes Matthew to the Nurse. Matthew whines and leans over the nurses shoulder and looks at Niamh.

"It's alright wee man mummy's here" she says as she follows the nurse down the corridor.

"If wouldn't mind taking a seat here Miss Walsh we will bring him straight out after the head and neck scan" the nurse smiles.

Niamh nods hoping Joe will turn up soon. She sits down and plays with her ring.

'Where are you? X' she gets a text from Joe.

'Children's emergency, X-Ray Unit X' she replies.

A few minutes later Joe comes walking down the corridor and Niamh gets up and runs to him and straight into a hug. "You alright?" he whispers against her ear as he kisses her head

She nods as she hides her face in his chest and let's out a soft cry.  "Let's go sit down" he says as he rubs her back.

He sits down and pulls Niamh onto his lap. "Hey he'll be aright" Joe smiles.

Niamh holds onto him and cries to him. He kisses her cheek and holds her close "I'm so bad" Niamh mumbles.

"You're not...don't beat yourself up about it" Joe says as he rubs her back.

"I shouldn't of let him fall off, I shouldn't of turned my back... It was only for a second, oh god they are going to take him off me" Niamh says.

"He wasn't reacting to anything Joe" she says.

"Maybe it's just the shock" Joe says.

"Urgh... That's what everyone is telling me... I know my own son to know when he isn't in shock and when he is!" Niamh says.

"Calm down Niamhy" he says.

Niamh wipes we eyes and rests her head on his shoulder. Joe kisses her head and strokes her shoulder.

"They're taking their time" Niamh says.

"Niamh I'm sure he has only been in 5 or 10 minutes" he says.

"But isn't it normally bad when they keep them longer?" Niamh says as she sits up.

"He's six months old he's bound to be a fidget" Joe smiles.

"Besides he's probably gone to sleep or is screaming the place down" he laughs to keep a cheery tone.

Niamh just looks at him even more worried than before. Joe rolls his eyes, "I didn't mean it that way...the nurses are looking after him dont panic" he says.

She rests her head on his chest again and sighs. "Ah look there they come with him now" Joe says as he sees Matthew and the Nurse.

Niamh looks over and smiles "look here's mummy and daddy" the nurse says as she presumes Joe is his dad.

Joe takes Matthew off the nurse carefully, "Hello you" Joe smiles.

"Is there something wrong with him? He still isn't reacting" Niamh panics.

Joe strokes Matthew cheek and he looks up at Joe with his fist in his mouth dribbling everywhere.

They both get up and follow the nurse back to the side room, Matthew clings to Joe as they take him back the the treatment room.

"Well? What's up with him?" Joe asks as he sits him on his knee as Matthew holds Joe's top tightly.

"Well from all the tests we have ran he seems perfectly fine" the nurse smiles.
A huge smile appears on Niamh's face as she grabs Joe's hand. "I'd just keep an eye on him for twenty four hours and maybe put him in your room for the night" the nurse suggests.

"He just needs and good nights sleep and a good feed, he might whine a little with his head but he is perfectly fine" the nurse smiles.

Niamh smiles even more and looks at Matthew who's now sucking on Joe's top. "Thanks so much" Niamh says.

"Also keep an eye on that eczema" the nurse smiles.

"Yeah it's gotten rather quite bad...and only reccently" Joe says.

"He's a lovely chap though, all the ladies in radiology were all over him... Lady magnet already" the nurse smiles as she hands them some forms.

"He was babbling away and did seem quite settled when we took him" the nurse says.

Niamh smiles and fills in the form to says they have accepted treatment. They thank the nurse again and head home.