Soon to be sister-in-law

Joe walks back through to the lounge and Niamh continues to talk to Naomi.

"What's up with Joe? He doesn't seem himself" Naomi questions.

"Think he's just nervous" Niamh says.

"About what?" she asks.

"Coming here, I was the one who forced him to come up" Niamh replies.

"Oh yeah...probably about mum?" she asks.

"What about his mum?" Niamh replies.

"He never really comes to see us all mainly because of mums illness, he puts her down to be some big bad wolf when really she's not!" Naomi says.

"What's up with her if you don't mind me asking?" Niamh asks curiously as she looks down at Matthew.

"She has Parkinsons, it's got worse reccently but Joe doesn't know, it's upsetting to see her like this but Joe just shuts up the barriers" Naomi sighs.

Niamh smiles a little and kisses Matthews head.

"I'm so sorry to hear about Mary" Niamh says.

"It's okay... We've basically grown up with her being in a wheel chair" Naomi explains.

Niamh nods, "Joe told me, he got really upset about it when he was telling me" she explains.

"Aww thanks a lot for being with him, he's a different person" Naomi smiles.

"Aw that's no worries, I love him to pieces, he's a great daddy, isn't that right Matty?" Niamh coos.

Matthew looks up at niamh and coughs a little.

"So is Joe okay then?" Naomi asks.
"I was just going to ask you that" Niamh laughs as she wipes the milk away that Matthew has coughed up.

Niamh pats Matthews back and smiles, "he's always been very dramatic about life... No wonder because he's an actor" Naomi smiles.

"How do you mean?" she asks.

"He's always been the way he is... always out going" Naomi smiles.

"He can be shy at times too" Naomi says.

"Yes very" Niamh laughs.

"He'll come round later with us, promise, he'll come out of his shell" Naomi smiles.

"He's probably pissed off at the fact I dumped the baby on him and went to the kitchen for twenty minutes with no return to a screaming baby" Niamh smiles.

Naomi laughs, "sounds like Joe McFadden to me" she laughs.

Niamh nods "I have a really bad secret and I can't tell Joe" Niamh says out of the blue.

"Can you tell me? I'm all ears but I won't tell him if you don't want me to" Naomi smiles.

"I'm changing Matthews last name to McFadden from Walsh" she says.

Naomi laughs, "why can't you tell him?" she laughs.

"I want to surprise him, they said that his name will be McFadden within three months because there's loads on the list, so it's his birthday then so I'll surprise him" Niamh explains.

"Aw that's a lovely  suprise Niamh, he'll really like that" Naomi says.

"Well in the hospital they just gathered our last name was Walsh and put it down on Matthews chart" Niamh says.

Naomi nods and smiles, "so any dates for the big day?" Naomi asks.

"Not as of yet, I'm so busy lately, I have some stage auditions and well Holby and I've just finished filming silent witness" she explains.