Take me home

"If you are tired sleep babe and I'll make sure he's okay yeah?" Joe asks.

"I can't sleep to much I won't sleep tonight if I sleep now" she says.

"I guess, I just don't want you to be exhausted" he says as he comes and sits next to her.

She smiles and strokes Matthews head."I'm sorry about earlier" she sighs.

"Leave it babe you was tired" he smiles.

"I'm abaolutely exhausted and sore" she moans.

Joe smiles "what's with the phone never seen you like that before?" Joe says as he lies Matthew down in his cot.

"Just not in the mood, I have to many notifications which I don't have the patience to read right now" she sighs.

Joe smiles at her again "what they saying hmm?" He questions curiously.

"No idea but a lot by the looks of it" she groans.

Joe kisses her cheek and tells her to read them when she's ready. "Can you get me a bottle if water please?" she asks.

Joe nods and stands up "just think of the notification I'm going to get in February when my character leaves holby" she sighs as she stands up.

Joe laughs, "wee Cara will be back" he smiles. Niamh laughs and looks down at Matthew and strokes his cheek.

"I'll see you in a bit" he smiles. Niamh nods and Joe leaves the room, he looks at his phone and sees a message from Ellie saying she's in reception.

He goes to meet Ellie and takes her up to Niamh so that she can suprise her. "Right she's a little grouchy as she's tired and well yeah she is also very emotional so if she cries at you, you know why" he laughs as they go up.

"Aw bless her, I'd rather her cry than getting a mouthful" Ellie laughs.

Joe laughs and they enter the maternity ward and Ellie signs in. "How's baby Matthew then?" she asks as they walk to were Niamh is.

"See for yourself" Joe smiles as he points over to Niamh.

"Ellie?" Niamh says a little confused but overwhelmed.

"Hey you, I was heading in this direction and thought I should pop in" Ellie smiles.
"Merry Christmas you and this little one!" Ellie smiles.
"Oh my god Niamh, he's gorgeous" Ellie coos as she walks over to Matthew.

Niamh blushes, "thank you" she smiles.

"Can I hold him?" Ellie questions as she strokes Matthews fist, Niamh nods and smiles.

Ellie slowly lifts Matthew up and smiles at Niamh, "Aren't you just as gorgeous as your mummy?" Ellie coos.

Niamh blushes even more "hardly" Niamh smiles. Ellie smiles as she rocks him slightly.

"I bet this is the best Christmas present you could of asked for" Ellie smiles, Niamh nods and smiles.
Niamh watches Ellie with Matthew and smiles at her. "He's adorable Niamh" Ellie coos again.

Niamh smiles at her and looks over at Joe who has a bag. "Well look what I have" he says as he lifts up Matthew's Car Seat.

Niamh looks at him blankly until it clicks why he has it, "Have I been diacharged?" she asks curiously.

"No I'm smuggling you out of here, what do you think?" He smirks.

Niamh giggles and reaches out to hug Joe. Joe hugs her back and smiles "But when did you get his car seat? she asks still confused.

"Ellie got it for me" he smiles.

Niamh smiles happily at the two "What are friends for?" Ellie smiles as she passes Matthew back to Niamh.

He starts to whimper a little. Niamh looks at Matthew and slowly rocks him as Joe puts the car seat on the bed.
She gently puts him in a wraps him up with his baby blue blanket.

Joe stands and watches Niamh, "You need to get dressed Niamhy, let me watch Matthew and you can quickly change" he smiles.

Niamh nods as Joe takes the car seat off the bed and sets it on the chair and gently rocks it. Matthew slowly falls back to sleep and Joe sits and watches
him, Niamh walks over to the bathroom and gets herself changed.

She comes back out and smiles at the two, "I guess this is it, ready to go" she says,Joe smiles and kisses her cheek.

"I probably should leave you both to it!" Ellie smiles, Niamh gives Ellie a hug and she leaves.

"Ready?" Joe smiles as he kisses Niamh's head and takes her hand.
She gives a nervous nod and looks down at Matthew.
"He's fine don't you panic" Joe smiles.

Niamh laughs a little and looks around to see if she's forgotten anything.
They head out to the car and head home.

Please leave a comment and let us know what you think xx