The truth

Niamh smiles and Joe starts to change Matthew's nappy, "oh what's wrong my wee boy this is your fifth dirty nappy today" Niamh says.

"I have another couple of scenes to film, want to stay and then I can drive us home?" Joe asks and Niamh nods.

"Remember we need to go to the doctors surgery for his jabs later today" Niamh says as Joe passes her the dirty nappy in a bag.

"Yeah I'll drive us but you both will have to stick around for a bit until I finish up yeah?" Joe asks.

She nods, "might just go sit downstairs in the cafeteria" Niamh smiles.

"Don't think Ellie's filming, I could get her down to keep you company if you like?" Joe says as he puts a fresh nappy on Matthew.

She nods "right then my little man why don't we go see Auntie Ellie?" Niamh says as Joe passes Matthew to Niamh.

Joe smiles, "I'll see you both later then" he says.

Niamh smiles and nods, "Erm... Joe?" Niamh says as she turns around in the door way.

"Yes what is it?" he questions.

"We need to tell them" she says.

"Tell who what?" Joe says completly confused.

"Everyone that, Your his dad" Niamh says as she holds Matthew against her chest.

"Come down with me now and we can do" Joe smiles.

She nods nervously "okay I'm just worried about what their gonna think" Niamh mumbles.

"Don't panic about it, I don't want you fainting on me again" he says as he hugs her.

Niamh smiles at him as he pulls away and kisses Matthew's head, Joe takes his hand and they head down to the set. "Camilla took it well so it's okay" he reassures her.

Niamh nods and continues to hold Matthew against her chest as she can't only get him to settle in this position.
They get down to set and Niamh is met by Ellie, Ellie looks at Niamh and the notices she's holding Joe's hand.

"What the hell are you two doing?" Ellie says a little nervously.

Niamh just smiles at her and Joe gets everyone's attention, "hi, um..." Joe says and Camilla, Rob, James, Kaye and Alex all turn around, Niamh can feel Joe's hand becoming clamy.

Everyone notices Niamh holding Joe's hand, "so I don't even care how much you like the idea or hate it but I'm the father of Niamh's baby" Joe says.
Camilla smiles at the two and Kaye's eyes widen, "Yes you all heard right I'm Matthew's dad" he says to them all who are stunned silent.
Niamh becomes a bit shifty and looks at Ellie who is standing beside her and she gives her a reassuring smile.

"Joe I think this was a bad idea" Niamh whispers to him.

He ignores Niamh, "And yes she's my girlfriend" Joe says as he pulls Niamh into a hug, Niamh freezes and just looks down at Matthew a little embarrassed. Camilla and Ellie smile at the two whereas the rest of them look at them completly gobsmacked.

"Is anyone going to say anything? I mean you probably all hate me now" Niamh says.

"No Niamh don't be silly we don't" Alex smiles.

Joe smiles "see I told you so" Joe says.

"So how long have you two been seeing each other?" Kaye says a little confused.

Niamh freezes and doesn't know what to say, "Nearly a year, Matthew wasn't planned if that's what your trying to get at Kaye" Joe says.

"Well as long as you are both happy" she says trying to be cheerful.

"We are very happy indeed, and Matthew has just added to the happiness" Joe smiles.

"Right Joe that's really cringey" Niamh blushes.

Joe laughs and kisses her cheek and leaves her and heads to the set.

Please leave a comment and let us know what you think 😘