3. A Visit

(A/n: Pardon my art)

3. A Visit

Growing up felt wierd, I already had my memories of my past yet I can't really do much but to crawl and eat most of my time. My mother would usually come to feed me, while father would give me goodnight kisses and the rest was technically nap time or playtime.

Every chance left alone, I would practice to stand on my own, to try my best learn the main language that fairly sounds like Japanese and managed pick up other language similar to Chinese whenever mother and father talks about serious topic just by looking at the grim expression on their faces.

Today happens to be one of the days where I was alone, so I decided to practice standing up. I held the edge of my crib, my legs shaking but I manage to stand up, all I needed to do walk.

I was preparing myself to take a step forward when my bedroom door flung open.

My heart almost dropped, seeing the unexpected afternoon visitor happens to be my father. He usually visits at night to bid me good night, and gives me a soft kiss in the forehead, if time permits him from his busy schedule he would stay with me till I fall asleep.

He would always apologize for not being a good father as he's been leaving me alone, and my mother. If I was a normal infant, I wouldn't understand what he saying at all, but I can sympathize with his struggle and I understand where he's coming from.

I stared at him as he did the same, two of us stared at each other with shock.

...

...

"D..da-da!" I could feel my face turn pale, throwing away my pride and use my last resort to act cutesy.

There was silence in the room, Did I fail? I am too nervous to look at my father but I slowly turn my face up to see him crying.

He's Crying!?

I panic to see my father cry, his tears was running like a host and he hysterically calls my mother.

"E-elleana! O-our daughter!" He call his beloved wife, making her rush to my father's direction "s-she's standing and she even said her first word!"

My mother rushed to see me standing with disbelief in her eyes. Their three month old daughter spoke her first word and even stood up on the same day.

"Elias called me dada!" My father dramatically spoke with joy, spinning my mother "her first word is dada!"

"I guess she's already turning into a daddy's girl" my mother giggles, seeing me.

My legs suddenly felt like gelatin, I didn't realize that I was standing for a long time that my legs gave out, plopping down the floor.

"We should record this joyous occasion!" My father lifts me in the air, looking enthusiastically.

"That's enough

I wasn't used to how he would carry me. My father then carries me, and all three of us went to his office.

The moment we enter the humongous room, I saw a child? That was sitting in father's chair. The child looks absolutely familiar, could it be? No, that's impossible, Katekyo Hitman Reborn is fiction.

It's not real.

...But part of me still nags me that its no longer a fiction the moment I see this child.

"B. b...da?.." I accidentally (tried to) spoke his name in shock.

I immediately curse my mouth for saying something unnecessary, my parents looks at me surprise.

"Eleana, Tengfei did you already tell her about me" the man asks my parents, but the two shook their heads as they furrow their brows.

"We never told her anything, she's just three months! She could barely understand anything!" My mother answer his question, defending me "we're no longer associate the main family, so there's no use to try and use me. What do you want from us?"

"Nothing, I only came here to visit and meet my adorable niece" he chuckles, as he stares at me, I can feel my goosebumps rising looking at him "...and I must say, you may not be part of both family but she still has their blood, and I can see a potential in her, with proper training, that is."

"Leave my daughter out of this" my father glares at him, his intimidating face matches his words for once "Elias will take no part in any of Lin's family business! They already plenty of successors, I'm sure you don't need her!"

"We'll see about that..." the child, jumps off my father's chair and walks away, he stops just beside my father and spoke to me, as if he knew I can understand him. "Elias-chan, don't hesitate to come to uncle if you need any help, I'll make sure to grant your wishes."

His proposal sound so tempting for a child, yet I could feel that there is something for exchange in granting my wish. There is no way, I'll go to him, I plead to myself.

"I'll come back to remind you in few years, my niece. My guts tells me that you'll be special. "

He then walks away, as if nothing happens and dissapear into black flames. My two parents released sigh of relief, their stiff faces started to relax.

The two of them look at each other eyes, and nodded at one another as if they made deal, a sign of agreement between the two. I could not decipher what they were thinking. Part of me felt that it was my fault for saying his name.

"Elias, let's go play!"

My mother distracts with the word play, I nodded and causing my father to pass me. He was about to let go when I grabbed part of his suit, and look at him with a worried expression.

"Dada?" I tried my best to be understandable but my oral skills are a bit terrible, he looks at me with suprise but smiles caringly

"I'm sorry, Elias, Dad is going to be bit busy" he pats my head, and I release my grip on his suit "but Dad will visit you later!"

"Nn!" I already knew that he was saying only half of the truth, but I nodded as mom carries me back to my room.

On our way to my room, My body felt heavy and the next thing I know, I fell asleep in my mother's arms. I must've been both mentally and physically exhausted from that, since I was never prepared for that event.

I bet you'll like this world.

My eyes closed down, remembering Orfeo's words. Learning that I was in Katekyo Hitman Reborn, an anime that I love watching. A world where mafia and action existed, if I just ignore Bermuda's visit...

Maybe it's not that bad...

_____

Don't forget to :

VOTE! COMMENT! AND ENJOY!

- Neku -