89. The future battle

Chapter 89: The future battle

Elias Lin

I will fucking kill this Pineapple head!

That was the very first thing I could think off, I couldn't help myself but to think what on earth was Mukuro thinking when he fucking threw in the air!?

My original plan was to help the Vongola escape, while I somewhat deal with Byakuran by stalling his chase after they left. I even prepared myself to be killed by Byakuran's hand but Mukuro seem to beg to differ.

The male illusionist seem to simply love defy unspoken rules, in fact, he just denies anything that relates to rules at all. I'm also part to blame since I wasn't able to foresee this outcome, I sometimes wonder how idiotic I can be when it comes to certain situation. It's like those cliché films where someone is about to get run over by a car and their body freezes, yep, that's what I'm feeling right now (except that it's not that I'm standing but I'm falling down to my death.)

Well...

I guess I don't mind meeting Orfeo again.

I brace myself at the upcoming impact of my unprecedented fall, seconds felt like hours, as if my world was in slow motion. My world seem to stop, two arms start made contact from my back, catching me from fall, and did not waste a second to run away from Byakuran, I was being carried by the hands of an familiar person.

...Or should I say the hands of my childhood friend?

The rhythm of my heart was quicker than usual, unable to tell if the rapid pace of my heart beat was coming from the adrenaline from my fall, perhaps that it's his pheromones running wild that I'm being affected as well, or maybe it's something more than I know...

This feeling I'm experiencing is beyond my expertise to know exactly what to do or how to act.

The smell of mint and fresh soap wafted through my nose, it was a smell that I immediately recognize. A very distinct smell that I am very familiar with. Simply unable to help myself but to be addicted to this scent. The person who was currently carrying me and caught me while falling was none other than...

...Hibari Kyoya.

What a sly, sly fox you are, Mukuro. To think that he would use Kyoya's grudge to his advantage, he perfectly knew Kyoya to attack Mukuro and would (forcibly) take me away from Byakuran's grasp passed me to him.

Mukuro acted as a bridge between Millefiore and Vongola to steal me away, and he did his job perfectly. His plan alone is very impressive. Even I don't know what to say at his flawless plan.

"How troublesome you've become..." Kyoya spoke with an annoyed tone, as he emits his own flame and use his flame toward the teleportation device.

"Eh?" I looked up to my childhood with utterly confusion, it's been a month since I saw him for the first time and I was greeted by an beautiful insult.