67. Games are fun

(Art by Mujojeylen)

Chapter 67: Games are fun

"I shall get going, I won't fail you. Byakuran-sama!"

Irie soon gave a quick bow before disconnecting in the screen, leaving just the two of us and Mukuro posing as the new assistant. Despite how uncomfortable the situation I'm in right now, I don't exactly feel unsafe around Byakuran's arms. In fact, I've been enjoying their company despite knowing that they're the antagonist. It's quite ironic that I'm friends with the protagonist and yet I find myself bound in the antagonist's side from the very beginning.

"What should we do now, Eli-chan?" Byukaran asks, as he cuddled me.

"How about we play games?" I suggested, pointing at the chessboard that was perfectly placed few feet away.

"A game of chess..." He hums, as if I was just an amusing toy "sure, but I want a prize!"

"and what kind of prize would that be?"

"If I win, how about giving all of the knowledge you know about the Vongola to me and you'll help me conquer the world?"

"Then if I were to win, you'll let me have access to all of your information data."

The two of us continued to stare at one another, neither of us dared to move, as the two of us was literally making a gamble. A gamble that may conclude the ending of Choice arc, Byakuran's stoic face turn to a cheery one.

"All right, shall we start the game?" Byakuran smiles as his hand waves toward at the table, motioning for me to go ahead "then, how many games should we play, Eli-chan?"

"How does two best of three sound to you?" I sat where the black pieces was and stared at Byakuran.

"Fantastic, shall we get started?" Byakuran smiles, as he move his white knight forward.

I close my eyes, and took a deep breath. I can't afford to lose, not now. I open my eyes, I saw Byukaran's face, his eyes widened along with that undecipherable smile planted in his stupidly hot face. If I were explain his expression right now, it would probably be ...excitement? Like a kid just seen something interesting.

A small smile creeps in my face as well, two players are about to play a game of chess, and Mukuro as our lone spectator. The silence was our audience, and the sound of our chess piece clucking are our declaration of war, a deadly unspoken battle between the two of us. Despite the tension, it seems like it was the most thrilling experience for the two of us, I don't exactly exist in the other worlds for him to cheat, and I've never played with Byakuran before so the result between the two of us technically unpredictable.

Mystery is the basic element of all art

A quote comes out of my mind while playing with Byakuran, as I expected of Byakuran's play style, it seems reckless and carefree, and yet he manage to trap me and carefully destroy my chess pieces, from my knights, to rook, to horse and the next thing I know it was already a check-

"Checkmate, Eli-chan!" Byakuran cheers, his arm rests on the table as he lean his face on his hand, while the other move his white queen capturing my black king, and it was my first match with Byakuran.

The two of us continued to dance on the edge of mystery, as we silently fight. Spending my time with Byakuran doesn't seem so bad, as if there's a mysterious attraction between the two of us. Perhaps I've come into term to myself that I've somewhat got a small infatuation at Byakuran. Maybe that's the reason why he's my Fiance, that we're surprisingly compatible.

______

______

My heart kept thumping at an unbelievably quick rate, I didn't even notice the number of sweat that dripped of my face. With a shaky hand, I took my black queen in my hand, my gaze went to Byakuran's face, even him, he made a face that was beyond decipherable. I felt pleasure in seeing his face, an expression that he's completely taken aback. Placing my queen in the board, devouring his King along the way. It felt like hours, only to put my piece but it was only nothing but a mere second.

"Checkmate." I spoke, looking through Byakuran's eyes.

I absolutely feel dominant that to defeat such an strong opponent like Byakuran, I won our small game. Which mean that I would have full access to their information data, I saw my own reflection through his eyes, my eyes look dull and almost lifeless, yet a smile creeps in my face.

"As promise, you'll let me have access to your data, Byakuran

"As promise, you'll let me have access to your data, Byakuran." I broke the silence between the two of us.

"Wao, I lost." Byakuran whistles, followed by a sigh of defeat "I guess taking you by my isn't a terrible choice after all. It's been a while since I got a thrilling game."

"I'm not going to lie, I did enjoy our game."

"Then as promised" He takes out a white phone from his pocket "it's my phone, and it has all of the information you need, you can borrow it to me whenever you feel like it."

"Okay..."

I touched Byakuran's white phone, it was almost par with the previous world that I lived in. A sense of calm came through my body, not realizing that this was probably a spark my interest in the game that mukuro mention once.

Game of Negotiations.

A game where I get to gamble what I have to grab what I want through a game. A risky yet thrilling experience that many people seek. I clutch into his phone, as all of Millefiore's information are in my hand.

Games sure are fun
___________

Vote Comment and Enjoy!

-Neku-